Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

Christians and Message Boards

Post #1

Post by William »

Today while scrolling my FB news-feed I received this:

‘Christian Ouija Board’

Now it can be assumed that the majority of Christians are against such practice due to what can be regarded as superstitious-based beliefs as to what is and what is not acceptable Christian practice in relation to mediums used to 'connect with GOD', and thus any Christian response to this thread is likely going to be negative in relation to those beliefs.

Even so, we have a fairly well established over-arching idea that Christians can pretty much use any means available in order to 'connect' by simply interpreting their main script in a manner which allows for that to be the case, which is likely why some Christians are using the so-called 'Ouija' method of communication to connect with 'things associated with their idea of GOD - namely (in this case) "Angels".

Perhaps they do so on the belief that since Jesus has all authority, then if they use Ouija to commune with otherwise invisible entities by invoking Jesus then all is well and good in that regard.

This of course would be argued as 'wrong' by those who believe Jesus was not even a spokes-person for YHWH, let alone GOD.
All without a shred of viable evidence that their proclamations that "YHWH is GOD", is itself, a matter of fact, it has to be said.

Add to that other OT verbiage re 'rules and regulations' which they placed into the mouth of their GOD, and can it still be argued that YHWH meant you couldn't use Tarot and other so-called "Occult" device in order to make a connection with Him and his entourage?

Understandably, He (YHWH) appears more concerned that such device is used NOT to connect with Him and His Entourage. THAT is the essential problem. NOT the device but how the device is used.

Recently I advised a member of this board - who I think of as an Agnostic due to his usual expressions hereabouts - that since he claimed that he could not 'talk to the dead' that he should try the Ouija approach and see what can be discovered therein.

I was not trying to be ironic, but rather making a point that we shouldn't make claims if we haven't tried out any and all available device in order to see if our assumption-which-contributes-to-the-claim is is either correct, or not correct at all.

I have myself created message boards for the extensive use of communing with invisible intelligent entities, and know them to work fine. The process helped me immensely with such things as understanding myself, changing my approach as to how I see and experience 'life' and many more other good things.

Here is a picture of my very first "Ouija" device.

I don't use this method of communion very often anymore because it did the job necessary and that is that. I have no regrets at all in having done so. It is a most powerful communications tool when in the right hands (so to speak) and used properly, as it was designed to be used.

In fact, using the internet reminds me of using Ouija as there are close parallels to these devices. The computer screen becomes the 'message board' the mouse/finger acts as the pointer, the keyboard acts as the voice and we all act as the invisible intelligent entities in regard to each other.

Q: What opinion do you hold in regard to use of "Ouija Message Boards"?

Q: In relation to the first Q, what makes your opinion legitimate?

nobspeople
Prodigy

Re: Christians and Message Boards

Post #21

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to William in post #21]

Thanks for the links - that helped clarify things
Christians are told NOT to engage in the occult because that is the realm of Satan and demons.
Ah yes I've heard that. As I've heard dancing is of the devil, as is men with long hair, women with pants, back-masking, playing cards, drinking alcohol, drinking caffeine... the list is very long.
When I said "I've not experienced any Christians making this claim personally or second hand..." I meant to me directly.
Post #10 has a link at the bottom which will take you to information which may help you rule it out.
I've heard this as well. Still, doesn't mean it's not a tool. It's all in how it's used, IMO, that makes it a legitimate 'spirit communicator' or simply a 'fun, play thing'. That said, I've heard of both cases happening. Personal experience, however, showed me it's a dud.
Nope. Such contribute nothing to debate. There is no 'need' for them at all.
I disagree simply because sometimes people need to be called on their cow pies, rather they like it or not.
I am not interested in sarcasm.
Then you're too serious and missing out ;)
I wasn't being sarcastic.
Neither was I. My name is that way for a reason. I'm happy you saw it. :approve:

For example, - if you were asked your opinion on a hammer, and you answered "It is just a tool" of course that is the obvious bit which goes without saying. [does not need to be said - is simply a one-liner contributing nothing]
It's unfortunate you don't like it, but it stands. Message boards are tools, nothing else. What people make of them is entirely a different question.
If you want more than an opinion, you should state it as such. Just sayin'

It is obvious you are not reading the posts in this thread,
I don't read every single post, ever, in threads past a certain length. I don't have time for all that nonsense as this is not a scientific journal, but a site for fun and entertainment. Anyone using this site and those like it as anything else, well, I find amusing personally. But that's my opinion - I'm not sure you want it.

But hey: thanks for the conversation. It's been...fun. :approve:
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

William
Savant

Post #22

Post by William »

[Replying to nobspeople in post #22]
I don't have time for all that nonsense as this is not a scientific journal, but a site for fun and entertainment. Anyone using this site and those like it as anything else, well, I find amusing personally.
I will bear this in mind next time you slip in for some fun and games, and skip your posts rather than waste time thinking you are being serious.

Thanks for the heads up.

:applaud:

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #23

Post by nobspeople »

William wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:14 pm [Replying to nobspeople in post #22]
I don't have time for all that nonsense as this is not a scientific journal, but a site for fun and entertainment. Anyone using this site and those like it as anything else, well, I find amusing personally.
I will bear this in mind next time you slip in for some fun and games, and skip your posts rather than waste time thinking you are being serious.

Thanks for the heads up.

:applaud:
Out of everything that was said, you had to focus on this one item (and have yet to prove my opinion on the subject isn't valid based on your own question: What opinion do you hold in regard to use of "Ouija Message Boards"?"). And if you think I'm going to outline years' worth of research I've done on the topic ("That it's mine, based on research on the topic, and that' all that matter to me.") to tickle you fantasy, you're mistaken.
Which tells me, you're not looking for all opinions, simply those that fit your need to argue.
Talk about a 'thanks for the heads up'!

William
Savant

Post #24

Post by William »

[Replying to nobspeople in post #24]

If I think the opinion is unreasonable, or misinformed, I will say so.
Out of everything that was said, you had to focus on this one item (and have yet to prove my opinion on the subject isn't valid based on your own question: What opinion do you hold in regard to use of "Ouija Message Boards"?").
What is it you think should be 'proved' about your opinion that Message Boards are "simply nothing more than a tool"?

I remind you that I did ask you this...I pointed out that we can agree that a hammer is a tool, but what of that?

What more are you looking for in my proving to you that a tool is not a tool? [or whatever it is you are wanting me to prove].
And if you think I'm going to outline years' worth of research I've done on the topic ("That it's mine, based on research on the topic, and that' all that matter to me.") to tickle you fantasy, you're mistaken.
Why in Post #17 did you give me those links, other than - as you stated -

"Maybe this will assist you with your 'quest':"?

Is there something there that you wanted me to understand? Something your 'years of research' has uncovered which somehow debunks what I have shown in this thread in my posts which you say you don't read?

Your complaint is really unrealistic. You say you are here for the entertainment value - but this is a debate forum and so if you have research which debunks then just saying so doesn't cut it.
Which tells me, you're not looking for all opinions, simply those that fit your need to argue.
What can I say other than point out that your opinion that "a tool is a tool" doesn't contribute anything to the discussion. Clearly I have said as much from the go-get that Message Boards are tools [devices].

So if your opinion is simply to say that you agree with me, well..."Thanks"...

...anything else?

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #25

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to William in post #25]
What is it you think should be 'proved' about your opinion that Message Boards are "simply nothing more than a tool"?
I don't know. You asked for an opinion, which I provided and you didn't seem to think it was 'legitimate enough' or 'right' or whatever. I'm guessing you wanted 'more' than an opinion even though you didn't say that directly.
My opinion was noted, per your request, yet you didn't seem to like it. I can only surmise you want proof that my opinion is right or legit or whatever, even though, again, you only asked for an opinion which I, again, provided. So I don't know what you want, other than to argue, over a provided opinion which is what you asked for originally
:shock:
I remind you that I did ask you this...I pointed out that we can agree that a hammer is a tool, but what of that?
As I said, more than once I believe (though, growing tired of this back-n-forth, I may be wrong), a tool is only as useful as how it's used. A message board is a tool, nothing more. How it's used, and what it results (if anything) is based on the people or persons using it.
Is there something there that you wanted me to understand? Something your 'years of research' has uncovered which somehow debunks what I have shown in this thread in my posts which you say you don't read?
No where did I say anything I provided was done to 'debunk' anything. You're arguing just to argue. I provided those links for your reference and enjoyment. Like message boards, they're tools for you to use. How you use them is your business.
You say you are here for the entertainment value - but this is a debate forum and so if you have research which debunks then just saying so doesn't cut it.
Really? Ugh. Again, I never provided anything in an attempt to debunk anything. There's no reason to be defensive; you're reading WAY too much into what was provided, my friend! :)
What can I say other than point out that your opinion that "a tool is a tool" doesn't contribute anything to the discussion.
And yet, here you are, arguing about it - still.
So if your opinion is simply to say that you agree with me
Ah. We come to the real meat of the thread: either to argue or have an ego to be stroked by someone being in 'agreement' with you.
...anything else?
If you think a message board/s is/are nothing more than (a) tool/s, then you agree with my opinion (or, if you like, I agree with you).
Better?

William
Savant

Post #26

Post by William »

[Replying to nobspeople in post #26]
If you think a message board/s is/are nothing more than (a) tool/s, then you agree with my opinion (or, if you like, I agree with you).
Better?
It is my understanding that message boards [including this one] are tools whereby invisible entities [such as you and I are to one another] interact. Where the problem of lack of honest communication happens, is not the fault of the tool being use, but rather the fault of the individual(s) who use the tool.

If you agree with this, then we agree.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #27

Post by nobspeople »

William wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:33 pm [Replying to nobspeople in post #26]
Better?
It is my understanding that message boards [including this one] are tools whereby invisible entities [such as you and I are to one another] interact. Where the problem of lack of honest communication happens, is not the fault of the tool being use, but rather the fault of the individual(s) who use the tool.

I never considered this a message board, but I guess it is. But yes, it seems we agree; mazel tov :approve:

William
Savant

Post #28

Post by William »

nobspeople wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:19 am
William wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:33 pm [Replying to nobspeople in post #26]
Better?

I never considered this a message board, but I guess it is. But yes, it seems we agree; mazel tov :approve:

This reminds me of my first trial at using the Message Board I created - for the specific purpose of using it to see if I could engage with [otherwise] invisible entities.
By creating threads, [as we do on this Message board] we invite participation.

I invited 'anyone who might want to communicate' through the [ideomotor] tool. I assumed it would work and it did so.
The glass ["cursor" in computer terms] used for the pointer moved on the board ["screen" in computer terms] and spelled out words. ["keyboard" in computer terms]

Using a Message Board ["Internet Forum" in computer terms] is very interesting to me. The similarities of the two methods of communication are very interesting to me.

I think of Human Beings as "Ghosts within biological [physical] form" and this is especially easy to do when interacting with others on the internet.

The thing I like about the ideomotor device [tool] is that it delivers and what it delivers can be used to cross reference and build data upon and so is useful re being able to be investigated by anyone so interested in doing the work.

All in all, it is evidence not only of working minds, but also as to how those minds are able to tell us things about ourselves.

Which is why - of course - I consider Consciousness to be a Ghost - a ghost which is able to interact with physical stuff...

Others find the whole idea W000000oooooo-ish [makes a Ghost noise] which I also find surprising as those who say "woo-woo" also appear to be the loudest when it comes to those shouting for proof - and when given a means in which to provide themselves with said proof, they show that it is their lazy side doing the yelling...like blobs on couches demanding food...

Fortunately, those types have drifted from the forum and I haven't seen one around here for a while now...