What is the difference between . . .

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

What is the difference between . . .

Post #1

Post by Zzyzx »

What is the difference between witch doctors, voodoo practitioners, and faith healers (including those described in Bible tales)?
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

JJ50
Banned
Banned

Post #21

Post by JJ50 »

At best so called 'faith healing' can have a placebo effect, imo.

At our previous property we owned a field, which came to media attention when it was claimed that the Mum of Jesus had been seen there, and people cured of their illnesses! I actually saw for a second or two an image, which resembled the picture book version of that woman when standing at the field gate one evening in 1997. I am convinced that was a product of my imagination. I had a frozen shoulder a year two later, which wasn't getting any better, despite medical attention. Someone suggested I visited the field in the hope of a cure. Just for fun I did, within five minutes the pain was much improved, and by the next day I had no more problems with it. I am convinced the vibes from the field encouraged my body's own healing mechanisms to kick in.