Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Gods and Demons interchangeable?

Post #1

Post by Zzyzx »

Gods and Demons interchangeable?

Some people evidently believe that invisible demons direct or influence their lives

Some people evidently believe that invisible gods direct or influence their lives

What is the difference?
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Willum
Savant

Post #31

Post by Willum »

1213 wrote:
Willum wrote: ...
You don’t get to tell us what evil is. ...
I think it would be honest and reasonable to use what the Bible gives, if we are still speaking of what the Bible told about God and evil.
Except in this forum, the Bible is not considered an authoritative source, therefore using it that way is dishonest.

Anyway, god and evil are as interchangeable as light-bulbs.
I notice that the conversation is being desperately segued away from noting god is a demon, and Jesus is like the Devil.

No counter arguments.
Just unfounded claims.

William
Savant

Post #32

Post by William »

[Replying to post 31]

Willum:I notice that the conversation is being desperately segued away from noting god is a demon, and Jesus is like the Devil.

William: I don't see that as being the case, as - as far as I have noticed, no one has said exactly what a Demon is.

That would go a long way to then seeing if the conversation is in fact, being desperately segued away from noting god is a demon, and Jesus is like the Devil.

To add to that observation, as a random curiosity the word-string "god is a demon" adds up to the same number as the word strings;

• An Objective
    Leave a Trail
    In The Open
    Love Heart
    Calculator
    Metatron
    Fractal Path
    Fair Dinkum
    God Is a Demon

If you want to confirm this claim, @

Jesus is like the devil;

• Look For the Significance
    As An Elemental Principle
    The Purpose Of Life Is...
    Musing On The Mother
    The Neverland Metaphor
    Our Neutral Ground
    Jesus Is Like The Devil

Willum
Savant

Post #33

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 32 by William]

Well done.
Discussion effectively terminated.
Theists saved from any harmful thoughts, or, even worse, revelations.
I will never understand how someone who claims to know the ultimate truth, of God, believes they deserve respect, when they cannot distinguish it from a fairy-tale.

You know, science and logic are hard: Religion and fairy tales might be more your speed.

To continue to argue for the Hebrew invention of God is actually an insult to the very concept of a God. - Divine Insight

William
Savant

Post #34

Post by William »

[Replying to post 33 ]

Willum: I notice that the conversation is being desperately segued away from noting god is a demon, and Jesus is like the Devil.

William: I don't see that as being the case, as - as far as I have noticed, no one has said exactly what a Demon is.

That would go a long way to then seeing if the conversation is in fact, being desperately segued away from noting god is a demon, and Jesus is like the Devil.

To add to that observation, as a random curiosity the word-string "god is a demon" adds up to the same number as the word strings;

• An Objective
    Leave a Trail
    In The Open
    Love Heart
    Calculator
    Metatron
    Fractal Path
    Fair Dinkum
    God Is a Demon

If you want to confirm this claim, @

Jesus is like the devil;

• Look For the Significance
    As An Elemental Principle
    The Purpose Of Life Is...
    Musing On The Mother
    The Neverland Metaphor
    Our Neutral Ground
    Jesus Is Like The Devil

Willum: Well done.

William: Many years of doing the science...

Willum: Discussion effectively terminated.

William: Why? Because you cannot explain what a "Demon" is, or some other reason.

Willum: Theists saved from any harmful thoughts, or, even worse, revelations.

William: Don't be so soft on us Willum! Reveal what you know! Then the discussion can continue...

Willum:

Savant

Post #35

Post by 1213 »

Willum wrote: ...
Evil is a deliberate effort to do something.
Darkness means photons aren’t bouncing off stuff into your eyes.
They both easily exist without God.
In Bible evil is like darkness. And if we are speaking of things like Isaiah 45:7, I think it would be reasonable to use the definition Bible has and not make up own which can change the meaning totally.

Isaiah 45:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I Jehovah do all these things.

It is no wonder, if atheists see God bad, when they twist the meanings for their agenda, without caring about what is the truth.

Savant

Post #36

Post by 1213 »

William wrote: … That evil is nothing?[/color]
That I think is what the Bible is saying. One example of this is:

For you were once darkness, but are now light in the Lord. Walk as children of light, for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth,

Efe. 5:8-9

Savant

Post #37

Post by 1213 »

Willum wrote: …Except in this forum, the Bible is not considered an authoritative source, therefore using it that way is dishonest…
So, apparently it is ok to quote Bible for atheistic purposes, but if one wants to use Bible to show what the part atheist likes means, then Bible is not accepted. What you are saying sounds very biased. So, if Bible can’t be used in any meaningful way, then it was also idiotic from someone to bring this following scripture in earlier post?

Isaiah 45:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I Jehovah do all these things.

William
Savant

Post #38

Post by William »

[Replying to post 36]

William: Is that what you want me to understand. That evil is nothing?

1213: That I think is what the Bible is saying. One example of this is:

The Script: For you were once darkness, but are now light in the Lord. Walk as children of light, for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth,

William: So you interpret that to mean "For you were once nothing but are now something in the Lord.
Walk as children of the light in the Lord, for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth..."

Could it be agreed that 'Darkness' is a condition of ignorance and 'light' is information and that 'The Lord' is the creator of both ignorance of information and knowledge of information, and knowledge of information is 'The Lords Light'.

Willum
Savant

Post #39

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 37 by 1213]

Whyfor, is science and other observables and repeatables, not sufficient to disprove God and the Bible, but the Bible, which has not back-up at all, OK to use?

Evil is not darkness, and the Bible can not make it so...
Though perhaps this is why you do not see the malign nature of your deity.

You can't recognize fundamentals, like darkness is not like evil, except poetically.
God is not real except poetically, and in no way can it be considered non-demonic.

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #40

Post by Zzyzx »

1213 wrote: So, apparently it is ok to quote Bible for atheistic purposes, but if one wants to use Bible to show what the part atheist likes means, then Bible is not accepted. What you are saying sounds very biased. So, if Bible can’t be used in any meaningful way, then it was also idiotic from someone to bring this following scripture in earlier post?
Does this look familiar?
otseng wrote: If you choose to debate in this sub-forum you are REQUIRED to honor the Guidelines. Notice specifically that the Bible can be used ONLY to show what the bible says and what Christianity says. It cannot be used to prove that a statement or story is true.

This sub-forum is intended as a meeting ground for any and all theistic positions – none of which are given preferential treatment. It is a very “level playing field�. Any story, statement or claim of knowledge which is challenged is required to be substantiated with evidence to show that it is true and accurate. “The Bible (or Quran or Bhagavad Gita) says so� is NOT acceptable as proof of truth.

If you disagree with the Guidelines and/or cannot debate without attempting to use the Bible to prove a point or position true, kindly do not debate in this sub-forum. Instead, use Theology, Doctrine and Dogma OR Holy Huddle sub-forums in which the Bible IS regarded as authoritative and can be used as proof of truth.
It should -- it is from the C&A Sub-Forum Guidelines. viewtopic.php?t=9741

Notice the last paragraph.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence