Doctor Jesus

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

SallyF
Guru

Doctor Jesus

Post #1

Post by SallyF »

Faithful Father, thank you that you hear and answer my prayers. The Bible says that, to those who ask, it will be given, to those who seek, it will be found and to those who knock, the door will be opened. Hear my prayer for a successful surgery. Give me assurance that I will be healed. May Christ dwell in my heart through faith so that I, being rooted and grounded in love, may have the strength to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge. May I be filled with all the fullness of God. Through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen. https://connectusfund.org/21-short-powe ... to-go-well

Can we demonstrate that the "Faithful Father" (the mythological god Jehovah/Yahweh) is in any way ever involved in human medical procedures, or that Christ dwells in anyone's heart …?

Could this be dangerous superstition …?
"God" … just whatever humans imagine it to be.

"Scripture" … just whatever humans write it to be.

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #21

Post by Tart »

[Replying to SallyF]

I don’t understand why you would be against praying for someone to be healed... in the realm of “what is right and wrong�, you are suggesting it’s wrong to do that??

If I was sick what would you do?

marco
Savant

Re: Doctor Jesus

Post #22

Post by marco »

Menotu wrote:

Like people say: guns don't kill people, people kill people with guns.
You can also say: beliefs aren't good or bad, it's the people using the belief to support that action that's good or bad.
I think a belief that homosexuals, for example, should be killed is already bad whether it is "used" or not. While knives can be put to good and bad uses and so cannot in themselves to termed bad, we can already identify some beliefs as bad.

When someone calls Jews "God killers" the evil is already in that phraseology. We are some distance from Wilde's famous dictum:

“There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written. That is all.�

marco
Savant

Post #23

Post by marco »

SallyF wrote:
Can we demonstrate that the "Faithful Father" (the mythological god Jehovah/Yahweh) is in any way ever involved in human medical procedures, or that Christ dwells in anyone's heart …?

It is dangerous if groups of people prefer to entrust their sick children to the medicinal mercies of God rather than qualified doctors. The use of spittle mixed with mud might well be an effective cure for blindness. I wonder how many have tried it through the Christian centuries.

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #24

Post by Tart »

pfff... doctors?? What does a Doctor know that God does not? I went to a Doctor for treatment, and it is clear, they dont even know me, and they have no interest in me... Lest i be on my death bed, with them shoving tubes down my throat, they give not a care in the world for my well being...

What is a better way to die? I'd rather take a bullet for freedom

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #25

Post by Tart »

And i absolutely hate what you people have made of Christ... Abhorrence... You shouldnt even utter the name of God... You curse the Man... who.. are... you?

You hate God...

SallyF
Guru

Post #26

Post by SallyF »

marco wrote:
SallyF wrote:

It is dangerous if groups of people prefer to entrust their sick children to the medicinal mercies of God rather than qualified doctors. The use of spittle mixed with mud might well be an effective cure for blindness. I wonder how many have tried it through the Christian centuries.

Umeka, aged twelve, had already been blind for eight years. Chinwendu, ten years old, had been blind for two years, and their seven-year-old brother, Chukwudi, had been blind for one year. Surrounded by the massive crowd, Regina cried out to God for a miracle for her children.When Reinhard Bonnke and Daniel Kolenda started to pray for healing that night, they called out specific sicknesses. At one point, Reinhard boomed into the microphone, “Blind eyes, open, in Jesus’ Name!� Something immediately happened to the children,

Not quite mud and spittle, but 3 blind Christians cured after the booming of Jesus' mighty name ...!

Whether it's booming or silent prayer, not a soul ever demonstrates that it's anything more than Christian superstition ...

In my experience.
"God" … just whatever humans imagine it to be.

"Scripture" … just whatever humans write it to be.

brunumb
Savant

Post #27

Post by brunumb »

Maudavi wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:01 pm From my belief, I think that in cases like this, regarding health care, the help needs to go both ways. Jesus is always near us and helps us pass rough times, and also health care system is there for us when in need.
I'll go with the health care system every time. When I need help to pass rough times, my pet rock is always near and even has a better track record than Jesus.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #28

Post by nobspeople »

SallyF wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:06 pm Image

Faithful Father, thank you that you hear and answer my prayers. The Bible says that, to those who ask, it will be given, to those who seek, it will be found and to those who knock, the door will be opened. Hear my prayer for a successful surgery. Give me assurance that I will be healed. May Christ dwell in my heart through faith so that I, being rooted and grounded in love, may have the strength to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge. May I be filled with all the fullness of God. Through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen. https://connectusfund.org/21-short-powe ... to-go-well

Can a belief based on nothing tangible other than the bible be shown to be true in most any aspect?
Nope.
Can it be dangerous?
Yup.
Like any 'tool' that's 'used' for a commonality, the outcome of using it is based on the individuals doing so.
I've been watching a series of documentaries as of late about murders, and it's amazing how many of these murderers start their murderous ideology within Christianity.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

RJG
Apprentice

Post #29

Post by RJG »

I know of ever so holy biblical literalists who have prayed and prayed for their illness to be cured by god but had their prayers ignored by god if it exists. Whereas I also know of atheists who have had serious illnesses but got better even though they have no belief in god. I don't think faith makes any difference to the outcome of one's health.

Alva

Post #30

Post by Alva »

In those days, it would have been nice to create a medical case project. So the work could be built more promising. We are accustomed to the fact that BPM technologies and systems of the same name are responsible for working with business processes and their automation.