Show Me A Sign

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

earl
Scholar

Show Me A Sign

Post #1

Post by earl »

Can there be physical evidence for proof of God's existence?
What physical demonstration of power and presence should God perform for you to prove to you God is real?
What physical proof do you need?
Is your sign worthy enough to invoke God to show himself to you?

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Re: Show Me A Sign

Post #81

Post by Athetotheist »

Zzyzx wrote: .
Athetotheist wrote: What has always made every particle exist?
I do not pretend to know that.

Do you?

If so, how did you come to possess such information?
Not having an answer to a question doesn't mean that there isn't an answer, or that the question isn't worth asking.

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #82

Post by Zzyzx »

Athetotheist wrote:
Zzyzx wrote:

Do you?

Not having an answer to a question doesn't mean that there isn't an answer, or that the question isn't worth asking.
Nice dodge. Do you know what has always made every particle exist? And If so, how did you come to possess such information?
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #83

Post by Athetotheist »

Athetotheist wrote:
Zzyzx wrote:

Do you?

Nice dodge. Do you know what has always made every particle exist? And If so, how did you come to possess such information?
Did I ever claim to know? If not, what am I dodging?

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #84

Post by Zzyzx »

Athetotheist wrote:
Zzyzx wrote:
Athetotheist wrote:
Zzyzx wrote:

Do you?

Notice, as I trust readers do, that you asked about what made every particle. I answered honestly and straight-forwardly that I do not. Then asked if YOU knew. You seem unable or unwilling to answer (otherwise known as dodging the question).

It is common in these debates for Christians to claim to know about the origin of the universe and its contents (including life forms and 'particles'). When challenged to provide verifiable evidence to support their claims, all they can offer are ancient religious tomes containing opinions and tales about such things, some testimonials and opinions, conjectures, and emotional appeals.

My intent, as usual, is to help Apologists show readers that claims of knowledge about 'gods' is base on unverifiable ancient tales, folklore, myth, legend, fantasy, and/or fiction.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #85

Post by Athetotheist »

Athetotheist wrote:
Zzyzx wrote:
Athetotheist wrote:
Zzyzx wrote:

Do you?

Notice, as I trust readers do, that you asked about what made every particle. I answered honestly and straight-forwardly that I do not. Then asked if YOU knew. You seem unable or unwilling to answer (otherwise known as dodging the question).

It is common in these debates for Christians to claim to know about the origin of the universe and its contents (including life forms and 'particles'). When challenged to provide verifiable evidence to support their claims, all they can offer are ancient religious tomes containing opinions and tales about such things, some testimonials and opinions, conjectures, and emotional appeals.

My intent, as usual, is to help Apologists show readers that claims of knowledge about 'gods' is base on unverifiable ancient tales, folklore, myth, legend, fantasy, and/or fiction.
Notice, as I trust readers do, that I have never claimed to know such an answer myself, so if you haven't paid enough attention to my comments to differentiate between me and the typical "Apologist", then I don't see how you have any place criticizing my line of questioning. "Ancient tales", "folklore", "myth", "legend", "fantasy" and "fiction" are words you throw around even when you lack a real target. Frankly, it gets old.

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #86

Post by Zzyzx »

Athetotheist wrote: Notice, as I trust readers do, that I have never claimed to know such an answer myself,
My question was NOT whether you have claimed knowledge of the origin of 'every particle' or not, it was very simply 'do you know'?
Athetotheist wrote: so if you haven't paid enough attention to my comments to differentiate between me and the typical "Apologist",
It makes no difference to me or my posts if you are a 'typical Apologist' or not. I am willing to help you demonstrate to readers that whatever position you claim regarding knowledge of 'gods' is not supported by verifiable evidence (evidence that anyone can check for truth and accuracy).
Athetotheist wrote: then I don't see how you have any place criticizing my line of questioning.
Criticize your line of questioning? Where did I do that? Verbatim quote, URL.

I asked if you know what made every particle. Why the run-around?
Athetotheist wrote: "Ancient tales", "folklore", "myth", "legend", "fantasy" and "fiction" are words you throw around even when you lack a real target. Frankly, it gets old.
Show the Bible to NOT be composed of "Ancient tales", "folklore", "myth", "legend", "fantasy" and "fiction" and I will abstain. Begin whenever you are ready.
Non-Theist

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #87

Post by Athetotheist »

Athetotheist wrote: Notice, as I trust readers do, that I have never claimed to know such an answer myself,
My question was NOT whether you have claimed knowledge of the origin of 'every particle' or not, it was very simply 'do you know'?
Athetotheist wrote: so if you haven't paid enough attention to my comments to differentiate between me and the typical "Apologist",
It makes no difference to me or my posts if you are a 'typical Apologist' or not. I am willing to help you demonstrate to readers that whatever position you claim regarding knowledge of 'gods' is not supported by verifiable evidence (evidence that anyone can check for truth and accuracy).
Athetotheist wrote: then I don't see how you have any place criticizing my line of questioning.
Criticize your line of questioning? Where did I do that? Verbatim quote, URL.

I asked if you know what made every particle. Why the run-around?
Athetotheist wrote: "Ancient tales", "folklore", "myth", "legend", "fantasy" and "fiction" are words you throw around even when you lack a real target. Frankly, it gets old.
Show the Bible to NOT be composed of "Ancient tales", "folklore", "myth", "legend", "fantasy" and "fiction" and I will abstain. Begin whenever you are ready.
I asked a question to get people thinking about the question itself, not what a specific answer might be.

And if you think I'm out to verify anything in the Bible, then you haven't been paying attention to my posts. So that strawman of a challenge won't work on me.