Why did God create Coronavirus (COVID-19)?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Donray
Guru

Why did God create Coronavirus (COVID-19)?

Post #1

Post by Donray »

If you belive God create it, then God at least does nothing to stop it. Is God killing many humans again to be spiteful? To teach us a lesson? Just because he can?

OR

IS God testing us to make sure we still have faith as he kills your parents, spouse or kids?

Donray
Guru

Post #181

Post by Donray »

[Replying to post 180 by William]

So, I take it you do not consider yourself human. So, if someone drowns you that is not murder since you are not human?

Why does god have a commandment against murder if there is no such thing?

I hate to tell you, but you are human. And your God murders humans.

Christian want to ignore the old testament where the god murders a lot of humans and all the animals except for a few.

At least you admit your god is doing the virus thing to help the goddess mother earth.

William
Savant

Post #182

Post by William »

Donray wrote: [Replying to post 180 by William]

So, I take it you do not consider yourself human. So, if someone drowns you that is not murder since you are not human?

Why does god have a commandment against murder if there is no such thing?

I hate to tell you, but you are human. And your God murders humans.

Christian want to ignore the old testament where the god murders a lot of humans and all the animals except for a few.

At least you admit your god is doing the virus thing to help the goddess mother earth.
You misunderstand ,my position. I am (we all are) Eternal Beings presently having an experience of 'being human' (or as the Native America views it - 'having the opportunity of becoming human').

The OT clearly shows God culling ...what the God regards as 'sub-humans' - those not willing to 'become human' in relation to their environment and other factors they chose not to acknowledge.

If someone purposefully murdered my human avatar (form) they would be guilty of murder according to human law. According to me, they would be guilty of destroying the function of my human avatar, but not guilty of murdering me, as I am - as we all are - an Eternal Being.

Donray
Guru

Post #183

Post by Donray »

[Replying to post 182 by William]

I am glad you can justify your murderess god that you worship.

so, did your god create the virus to cull humans???????

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #184

Post by Zzyzx »

Donray wrote: so, did your god create the virus to cull humans???????
If the 'god' intended to cull humans, 'he' may not have thought through the virus very well. A third of deaths are elderly people in nursing homes (who are more likely than average to be worshipers) and many others are red hat fanatics refusing to distance or wear masks (who are more likely than average to be evangelical worshipers).

May red hats find comfort in their guns when sick and dying. Sad about the old folks (my contemporaries) if they are being culled by their God's virus.

Personal note: I was 'potentially exposed' at a VA facility (while wearing a mask and following sanitizing protocol) but subsequent test for the virus showed negative. Antibody tests have not yet been done.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

William
Savant

Post #185

Post by William »

Donray wrote: [Replying to post 182 by William]

I am glad you can justify your murderess god that you worship.
I do not understand your claim here. I don't know what 'worship' you are referring to in relation to my post.
so, did your god create the virus to cull humans???????
Apparently this is part of the result. The lock-down is another aspect of it.

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #186

Post by Danmark »

William wrote: I am (we all are) Eternal Beings presently having an experience of 'being human' (or as the Native America views it - 'having the opportunity of becoming human').
This is utter nonsense that is not even wholly supported by the Bible.

"... there was no belief in personal afterlife with reward or punishment in Judaism before 200 BC...."
[see Gowan, Donald E. (1 January 2003). The Westminster Theological Wordbook of the Bible. Westminster John Knox Press. p. 188]

In later Judaism and Samaritanism there is talk about people being "raised from the dead" under certain conditions. Certainly you can find New Testament references about being raised from the dead and even promises of eternal life. But the idea that we are all 'eternal beings' is controversial at best. That we are 'eternal beings' is a cult concept, and logically absurd.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Re: Why did God create Coronavirus (COVID-19)?

Post #187

Post by AgnosticBoy »

A Democrat governor admits that the "experts" were wrong:
It’s too early to say whether New York state’s regional reopening a week ago is keeping the coronavirus at bay, because the virus can take up to 10 days to result in serious symptoms, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Monday.

“Now, people can speculate, people can guess, I think next week, I think two weeks, I think a month,” Cuomo said. “I’m out of that business, because we all failed at that business. All the early national experts (were saying), ‘Here’s my projection, here’s my projection model,’ they were all all wrong, they were all wrong.”

Projections had far more hospitalizations, intubations and deaths than have occurred so far. For instance, in central New York, a projection two months ago had the virus claiming 2,000 lives in a year under the best scenario (there have been 115 deaths so far).

“Now, there are a lot of variables, I understand that,” Cuomo said. “We didn’t know what social distancing would actually amount to, I get it. But we were all wrong. So I’m sort of out of the guessing business.”

Instead, the governor stood firm that regions would reopen when they meet certain metrics — including COVID-19 hospitalizations, testing and virus-related deaths.
Source

The only problem I have with Cuomo now is that it took him so long to figure this out. If he were going by ACTUAL stats on hospitalizations and deaths from the start, rather than PROJECTIONS from faux experts (or experts guided by FEAR and politics rather than science), then he could've opened up New York long time ago. Let that be a lesson the next time.

VVilliam
Student

Post #188

Post by VVilliam »

• I am (we all are) Eternal Beings presently having an experience of 'being human' (or as the Native America views it - 'having the opportunity of becoming human').
by Danmark
This is utter nonsense that is not even wholly supported by the Bible.

"... there was no belief in personal afterlife with reward or punishment in Judaism before 200 BC...."
[see Gowan, Donald E. (1 January 2003). The Westminster Theological Wordbook of the Bible. Westminster John Knox Press. p. 188]

In later Judaism and Samaritanism there is talk about people being "raised from the dead" under certain conditions. Certainly you can find New Testament references about being raised from the dead and even promises of eternal life. But the idea that we are all 'eternal beings' is controversial at best. That we are 'eternal beings' is a cult concept, and logically absurd.
A couple of things to note. It is not a great form to imply another person is not a Christian or infer they are being cultish. When it comes to other Christians explaining to me their theology, they have my ear. I make a point of not allowing non-theists to explain to me what theology I should be adopting.

As to the idea we are Eternal Beings, many Christians are okay with that point of view. As for me, I appreciate the idea - which is becoming more an more accepted as something to consider by the increasingly growing 'woke' sector of humanity, so is something to at least consider.

Having said as much, I can take it or leave it and am happy to accept that our consciousness is not directly that of The Creators and is therefore artificial and only The Creator has the ability to merge the artificial with the eternal.

The idea of being able to think as if one has always existed in one form or another and even without form, allows for a greater appreciation of the nature of The Creator.
The reason I mentioned the idea of being an eternal entity was for the purpose of highlighting the idea that natural causes of death are insignificant in relation to that. I have no complaints.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #189

Post by AgnosticBoy »

Time and time again, I am told to trust the "experts" on coronavirus. Why should I trust the experts when they are not even engaging science? I only trust science! Here's one study that a MAJOR medical journal had to retract:
The Lancet, one of the world’s top medical journals, on Thursday retracted an influential study that raised alarms about the safety of the experimental Covid-19 treatments chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine amid scrutiny of the data underlying the paper.

Just over an hour later, the New England Journal of Medicine retracted a separate study, focused on blood pressure medications in Covid-19, that relied on data from the same company.

The Lancet study gained so much attention because it went further than other observational studies that had similarly found the drugs were not associated with improved outcomes for patients. The study, which was purportedly based on patient data from 671 hospitals on six continents, reported the drugs also corresponded to higher mortality.

The findings led to the pause of some global clinical trials studying hydroxychloroquine so researchers could check for any safety concerns. Outside experts, however, quickly raised concerns after noticing inconsistencies in the data. They asked the company that compiled and analyzed the data, Surgisphere, to explain how it sourced its data.

As scrutiny grew, the authors on the paper not affiliated with Surgisphere called for an independent audit. In their Lancet statement Thursday, they said that Surgisphere was not cooperating with the independent reviewers and would not provide the data.
“As such, our reviewers were not able to conduct an independent and private peer review and therefore notified us of their withdrawal from the peer-review process,” the researchers wrote.

The retraction of the Lancet paper is sure to add fuel to contentious arguments about the potential of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, two old malaria drugs, in Covid-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus. President Trump has touted them as valuable treatments, despite a lack of rigorous data showing they have a benefit.
Source

Is this an isolated incident or is there a systemic problem in the scientific process when it comes to coronavirus research? Hmm, lets see:
The retractions may breathe new life into the antimalarial drugs hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, relentlessly promoted by Mr. Trump as a remedy for Covid-19 despite a lack of evidence. On Wednesday, after the journals noted concerns about the studies, the World Health Organization announced that it would resume trials of the medications.

But the retractions also raise troubling questions about the state of scientific research as the pandemic spreads. Thousands of papers are being rushed to online sites and journals with little or no peer review, and critics fear long-held standards of even the most discerning journals are eroding as they face pressure to rapidly vet and disseminate new scientific reports.
Source: New York Times

Icey
Student

Post #190

Post by Icey »

Donray wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:03 pm If you belive God create it, then God at least does nothing to stop it. Is God killing many humans again to be spiteful? To teach us a lesson? Just because he can?

OR

IS God testing us to make sure we still have faith as he kills your parents, spouse or kids?
Probably to ride the population of people. Or maybe He's bored and needed something to do?
Any all powerful being that needs to test its creation to prove a point isn't worthy of anything but contempt to me.