Why did God create Coronavirus (COVID-19)?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Donray
Guru

Why did God create Coronavirus (COVID-19)?

Post #1

Post by Donray »

If you belive God create it, then God at least does nothing to stop it. Is God killing many humans again to be spiteful? To teach us a lesson? Just because he can?

OR

IS God testing us to make sure we still have faith as he kills your parents, spouse or kids?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #171

Post by myth-one.com »

AgnosticBoy wrote:
myth-one.com wrote:
Clownboat wrote:"Please show where the leader of our country suggested a remedy that will result in death."
. . . and I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute, and is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that.
He suggested to have it checked out. I see a question mark in that statement as well. That is far from saying that he was suggesting for people to try it or that it would work. The left-wing news media spinned it that way but that's to be expected. Watching CNN is like listening to a Democrat take on things. And we all know that's far from NON-partisan/unbiased news reporting!

Trump thinking was correct on Remsdesivir:
FDA reportedly will approve Covid-19 treatment remdesivir, which US-funded trial shows has 'positive effect' on recovery
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/29/health/g ... index.html

Before being proven right, here is how the media spinned it:
Touted by Trump, hydroxychloroquine and remdesivir fail as coronavirus therapy in preliminary studies....
https://news.yahoo.com/touted-by-trump- ... 31030.html

Hmmm, Mr. Yahoo? So it goes from FAIL to being proven and approved?
Who does "we" refer to in the phrase "is there a way we can do something like that?"

And who exactly is the last sentence addressed to, "So it would be interesting to check that."

I took those references to mean that members of his administration should check it out.

But very quickly, major disinfectant producers issued warnings that their products should not be ingested by humans.

They were apparently not convinced that no one would ingest their products as a cure for the COVID-19 virus.

They took the "better safe than sorry" path.

=============================================

A similar situation occurred with his suggested use of hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for the virus.

A couple supposedly saw something similar listed as an ingredient in their aquarium cleaner product, and ingested some of it -- killing him and injuring her.

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #172

Post by Danmark »

myth-one.com wrote:...

But very quickly, major disinfectant producers issued warnings that their products should not be ingested by humans.

They were apparently not convinced that no one would ingest their products as a cure for the COVID-19 virus.
If there yet remained a person who had genuine confidence in Trump, it should have been erased when he suggested shooting light down a person's throat, or "wherever" and that perhaps ingesting disinfectant would be a good idea.

But no, there are some who, because of their politics, would rather take their chances with a failed President who does not understand even the bare minimum of science. Then today Trump admits he's reversing himself and keeping the coronavirus panel for only one reason, ratings; not science, not informing the public, but because they are "popular."

Clownboat
Savant

Post #173

Post by Clownboat »

AgnosticBoy wrote:
myth-one.com wrote:
Clownboat wrote:"Please show where the leader of our country suggested a remedy that will result in death."
. . . and I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute, and is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that.
He suggested to have it checked out. I see a question mark in that statement as well. That is far from saying that he was suggesting for people to try it or that it would work. The left-wing news media spinned it that way but that's to be expected. Watching CNN is like listening to a Democrat take on things. And we all know that's far from NON-partisan/unbiased news reporting!

Trump thinking was correct on Remsdesivir:
FDA reportedly will approve Covid-19 treatment remdesivir, which US-funded trial shows has 'positive effect' on recovery
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/29/health/g ... index.html

Touted by Trump, hydroxychloroquine and remdesivir fail as coronavirus therapy in preliminary studies....
https://news.yahoo.com/touted-by-trump- ... 31030.html

Hmmm, Mr. Yahoo? So it goes from FAIL to being proven and approved?
It seems like Trump being wrong is what is important. Not whether he said what it is claimed he said. The hatred for this president is strong and I'm not saying it is not rightfully so, but I do think it clouds the judgement of people much more intelligent than myself.

Trump being just about every slanderous name in the book is what is important for far too many people.

If we find a cure, it better not be Trump that makes the announcement.

To illustrate this, as AgnosticBoy showed:

https://news.yahoo.com/touted-by-trump- ... ir-fail-as...

Like I said, Trump being wrong seems to be far too important.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Clownboat
Savant

Post #174

Post by Clownboat »

Bust Nak wrote:
Clownboat wrote: . . . and I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute, and is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that.

Bold added to show how an important word was left out (intentionally?) and to show that a question was being asked.
It being a question stops what he said from being a suggestion, how?

Just watch the video. Clearly he is speculating and he is specifically speculating to Bill Bryan, the head of the science and technology directorate at the Department of Homeland Security. This IMO does not warrant American citizens sueing their government which is what brought me in to this thread.
This question, by the way, is me suggesting that the question mark is what made it a suggestion as opposed to a recommendation.
When I watch the video, he is clearly addressing Bill Bryan, not suggesting to the American people that they need to do what the media is claiming he is suggesting.

Quoted from the article: "Again this was in regard to a discussion between Trump and Bill Bryan of the Department of Homeland Security."
https://www.thestreet.com/mishtalk/econ ... mment-ever

Seems like a case of 'Trump being wrong is what is important', not accuracy. The media has even convinced people here on this forum that there should be grounds to sue the government over what he suggested to the American people (or speculated on to Bill Bryan if we are being honest).

What the media has done here will sure not encourage Trump to be more transparent though. With him being such a terrible speaker IMO, perhaps that's not all bad.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #175

Post by Bust Nak »

Clownboat wrote: Just watch the video. Clearly he is speculating and he is specifically speculating to Bill Bryan, the head of the science and technology directorate at the Department of Homeland Security. This IMO does not warrant American citizens sueing their government which is what brought me in to this thread.
Okay, not warranting being sued is one thing, not being a suggestion is quite another.
When I watch the video, he is clearly addressing Bill Bryan, not suggesting to the American people that they need to do what the media is claiming he is suggesting.
Suggesting to Bryan is still a suggestion.
Seems like a case of 'Trump being wrong is what is important', not accuracy. The media has even convinced people here on this forum that there should be grounds to sue the government over what he suggested to the American people (or speculated on to Bill Bryan if we are being honest).
So watch the video for yourself and see him what he said.
What the media has done here will sure not encourage Trump to be more transparent though. With him being such a terrible speaker IMO, perhaps that's not all bad.
Fat chance of that. Trump will continue to do his thing, and his base will not hold him responsible for anything.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #176

Post by Clownboat »

Bust Nak wrote:Suggesting to Bryan is still a suggestion.
And to pretend that he was suggesting (some would say inquiring) this to the American people and not to Bill Bryan would seem to be evidence for my claim (Bill Mahers actually) that it is more important for Trump to be wrong than to report accurately about the man.

Certainly that Americans should be able to sue their government over this has not been justified.
So watch the video for yourself and see him what he said.
I have and that is what I'm doing. You can even see Trump turning his head many times to address Bill when he is saying these words that the media has convinced some that they have grounds to sue over.

Do you not possibly see this as a case of 'Trump must be wrong'? Even Bill Maher acknowledges this phenomenon.

I'm going to assume that many here have read these words
(Quoted from the article) "Again this was in regard to a discussion between Trump and Bill Bryan of the Department of Homeland Security."
and ignored them. Again, it is far too important to them that Trump is wrong. Acknowledging that this was between Trump and Bill Bryan doesn't fit with the narrative that Trump must be wrong.

Donray
Guru

Post #177

Post by Donray »

God not Trump created the virus and does nothing to stop it. God does not answer prays about it.

How many people does God intend to murder this time? God murdered all but a few people by drowning them. Can you imagine a mother with a baby and having the baby drown in front of her? God not only murders, but does it by torturing people.

What about burning babies with fire as God did in the past?

What about allowing his army to rape and murder civilians?

How many people did God let die a hobble death by the black plague? How many of HIS People did tortures to dearth in Nazi camps?

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #178

Post by Danmark »

Donray wrote: God not Trump created the virus and does nothing to stop it. God does not answer prays about it.

How many people does God intend to murder this time? God murdered all but a few people by drowning them. Can you imagine a mother with a baby and having the baby drown in front of her? God not only murders, but does it by torturing people.

How many people did God let die a hobble death by the black plague? How many of HIS People did tortures to dearth in Nazi camps?
The traditional fundamentalist response to God creating mosquitoes, misery dealing viruses and other pathogens is:

"God created a perfect world, and gave man free will. Man made evil choices that unleashed diseases and birth defects." If that statement does not strike you as hopelessly idiotic, uninformed, and stupid, then there is no point debating the issue.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #179

Post by AgnosticBoy »

Donray wrote: God not Trump created the virus and does nothing to stop it. God does not answer prays about it.

I would hope that Christians like myth-one.com would be willing to stand and debate on these issues rather than just dropping one or two POLITICAL comments, and then running off. The drive-by rants are getting old.

We get you dislike Trump, but how does that help or prove your side? Myth-one.com, please stick around and debate these issues.

William
Savant

Post #180

Post by William »

AgnosticBoy wrote:

I would hope that Christians like myth-one.com would be willing to stand and debate on these issues rather than just dropping one or two POLITICAL comments, and then running off. The drive-by rants are getting old.

We get you dislike Trump, but how does that help or prove your side? Myth-one.com, please stick around and debate these issues.

I just don't get how 'God Murders'. What is being murdered? The avatar? The human form?

In terms of the big picture, CVD19 has given an opportunity for things to heal somewhat - Mother Nature has shown us so succinctly just how quickly she can reboot Her systems and if that requires some culling off, then what of that and why is it called 'murder'?

We don't even know for certain that we actually cease to exist, so how can we cry 'murder!' if it turns out the only thing that gets culled off is the human form - while the one who occupied said form, continues to live, albeit in another reality?

If God is aware of this, how would God see such as a case of 'God-Murder'? :-k