Are we living in the last days?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

Post #1

Post by otseng »

JehovahsWitness wrote: From speaking with my brothers and sister, far from undermining our faith and causing confusion, the impact of coronavirus only serves to strengthen our conviction we are living in the last days and our resolve to preach the good news of the kingdom before the Lord tells us the work is complete.
For debate:

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Re:

Post #321

Post by JehovahsWitness »

nobspeople wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:39 am
Many of "God's people" have claimed 'the time is at hand' in the past with nothing more to show for it than a bruised ego. IMO, those that claim they will recognize it are fooling themselves.

As I said its only naturel you (and those like you) should feel this way; we do not. Do you have a problem with that?

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #322

Post by nobspeople »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:32 pm
nobspeople wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:39 am
Many of "God's people" have claimed 'the time is at hand' in the past with nothing more to show for it than a bruised ego. IMO, those that claim they will recognize it are fooling themselves.

As I said its only naturel you (and those like you) should this way; we do not. Do you have a problem with that?

JW
Actually, I'm not sure what exactly you said as the wording was odd so I don't know how to answer your question: "scripture indicates even God s (God's?) people would have to pay attention. n(N)ot to believe Christs (Christ's?) return is far when he in reality is close at hand. Maybe there will be a fake "calm" for the nations to say P&S (P&S peace and safety?) or maybe it will be pure propagande (propaganda?) ... who knows."

But what you said understandably is : "only God's people will recognize the significance of the events leading up to the Great tribulation."
And the bible seems to say you're wrong - no one will know.
Matthew 24:36-44 NIV
36 "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
Mark 13:32 NIV
32 "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

I suppose, we could argue semantics about what 'recognize' means here, but, according to the NIV bible, you won't know or likely recognize.

Now, if you have a problem with that, you might want to take it up with your biblical writers :thumb:
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #323

nobspeople wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:55 pm Actually, I'm not sure what exactly you said as the wording was odd so I don't know how to answer your question:
Yes sorry, I seem to be missing a verb: duly corrected.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #324

nobspeople wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:55 pm
you said understandably is : "only God's people will recognize the significance of the events leading up to the Great tribulation."

36 "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
32 "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
I suppose, we could argue semantics about what 'recognize' means here, but, according to the NIV bible, you won't know or likely recognize.

• Is there not a difference between "the events leading up" to something and the day of something ?
  • Was Jesus refering above to an event/events or to a day /hour?
  • What is "The Great Tribulation" to which I referred ?
I generally try to know what someone is talking about before I declare them wrong about it.

JW

RELATED POSTS

What are "the last days"? [FAQ]
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 42#p898842

Is it possible to pinpoint the exact DATE this present system will be destroyed?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 23#p891423
To learn more please go to other posts related to...

MESSIANIC PROPHECY, LAST DAYS and ...THE SECOND COMING *
*The Return of Christ
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #325

Post by nobspeople »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:18 pm
nobspeople wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:55 pm
you said understandably is : "only God's people will recognize the significance of the events leading up to the Great tribulation."

Is there not a difference between "the events leading up" to something and the day of something ?

JW

RELATED POSTS

What are "the last days"? [FAQ]
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 42#p898842

Is it possible to pinpoint the exact DATE this present system will be destroyed?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 23#p891423
To learn more please go to other posts related to...

MESSIANIC PROPHECY, LAST DAYS and ...THE SECOND COMING *
*The Return of Christ
No, not as I read it.
Last edited by nobspeople on Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #326

Post by nobspeople »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:13 pm
nobspeople wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:55 pm Actually, I'm not sure what exactly you said as the wording was odd so I don't know how to answer your question:
Yes sorry, I seem to be missing a verb: duly corrected.
Apology accepted :approve:

Diagoras
Guru

Post #327

Post by Diagoras »

2timothy316 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:18 amThere are several things that must happen before the end of this system of things aka 'the world as we know it'. The last days, the declaration of peace and security, a sudden attack on religions, the Great Tribulation, the attack of Gog of Magog and Armageddon are all separate things.

We have been in the last days of the world as we know it since the turn of the century. The Great Tribulation is still to come. As bad as we are seeing things today, though it might be hard to fathom, this is nothing compared to what is to come.
It seems that some people have worked out Gog’s plan in quite some detail:
https://www.crosswalk.com/church/pastor ... -days.html

Admittedly, that was just the first biblical link that came up when I searched for ‘Gog of Magog’, so there’s a decent chance that there exist other interpretations of biblical prophesy. [/sarcasm]

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #328

Post by 2timothy316 »

Diagoras wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:51 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:18 amThere are several things that must happen before the end of this system of things aka 'the world as we know it'. The last days, the declaration of peace and security, a sudden attack on religions, the Great Tribulation, the attack of Gog of Magog and Armageddon are all separate things.

We have been in the last days of the world as we know it since the turn of the century. The Great Tribulation is still to come. As bad as we are seeing things today, though it might be hard to fathom, this is nothing compared to what is to come.
It seems that some people have worked out Gog’s plan in quite some detail:
https://www.crosswalk.com/church/pastor ... -days.html

Admittedly, that was just the first biblical link that came up when I searched for ‘Gog of Magog’, so there’s a decent chance that there exist other interpretations of biblical prophesy. [/sarcasm]
That is why I have this thread bookmarked. So when everything I have been taught and I repeated here comes true you'll know what the true interpretation was. That is, if this forum is still accessible to us when these things take place. Folks are always looking for some miraculous sign, well they will get it when the things posted in this thread happen in order they were given. There is a warning that must be said, when the 'Peace & Security' proclamation happens it might be too late to learn what one needs in order to save one's self from the things that follow.

Diagoras
Guru

Post #329

Post by Diagoras »

2timothy316 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:57 amThat is why I have this thread bookmarked. So when everything I have been taught and I repeated here comes true you'll know what the true interpretation was. That is, if this forum is still accessible to us when these things take place. Folks are always looking for some miraculous sign, well they will get it when the things posted in this thread happen in order they were given.
You’re placing quite a heavy burden on this site, if it’s being taken as ‘the true interpretation’ of what the End Times will be like.

A Google search of “interpretation of the end times” suggested there are about three hundred and four million posts and articles on the subject. It is of course possible that what you’ve been taught and repeated is the most accurate and likely source of information, but then there’s this as well:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overconfidence_effect

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #330

Post by nobspeople »

Diagoras wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:47 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:57 amThat is why I have this thread bookmarked. So when everything I have been taught and I repeated here comes true you'll know what the true interpretation was. That is, if this forum is still accessible to us when these things take place. Folks are always looking for some miraculous sign, well they will get it when the things posted in this thread happen in order they were given.
You’re placing quite a heavy burden on this site, if it’s being taken as ‘the true interpretation’ of what the End Times will be like.

A Google search of “interpretation of the end times” suggested there are about three hundred and four million posts and articles on the subject. It is of course possible that what you’ve been taught and repeated is the most accurate and likely source of information, but then there’s this as well:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overconfidence_effect
Additionally, I wonder if all the varying opinions on the same topics by fellow believers, posted on this site, will come to pass.
Personally, if things happen as the poster thinks, this site would be the LAST place I'd come. Seems, to me, coming here wouldn't be productive and only allow for the elementary school "Nah nah nah na boo boo I told ya' so!" mentality.