Psychopaths

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Psychopaths

Post #1

Post by Purple Knight »

If there's a God that determines right and wrong, why the flaming shipwreck did he give some people their own Jiminy Cricket and not others?

Sometimes I just want a magic bug that gives me the right answer. When it seems like nobody else has to think about it, and they certainly don't have to explain it to me, sometimes I don't want to have to think about it either.

Is there a good reason some people missed out?

Tcg
Savant

Post #51

Post by Tcg »

Purple Knight wrote:
Tcg wrote:It is a challenge to get those who accept the Big Book of Yahweh as evidence of Yahweh to see the weakness of that conclusion. If the tale of the Big Book of Leprechauns helps some readers understand the fallacious nature of the argument that the claims in Yahweh's book are evidence of his existence, it has served its purpose.
Except that there actually is a Big Book of Yahweh and it has been preserved for a very long time, with most of its preservers considering it to be actual history.
Is either it's preservation or the opinion of it's preservers evidence that it is actual history?

I'd suspect one who doubts the existence of Abraham Lincoln would answer with a resounding, "No!"

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #52

Post by Purple Knight »

Tcg wrote:
Purple Knight wrote:
Tcg wrote:It is a challenge to get those who accept the Big Book of Yahweh as evidence of Yahweh to see the weakness of that conclusion. If the tale of the Big Book of Leprechauns helps some readers understand the fallacious nature of the argument that the claims in Yahweh's book are evidence of his existence, it has served its purpose.
Except that there actually is a Big Book of Yahweh and it has been preserved for a very long time, with most of its preservers considering it to be actual history.
Is either it's preservation or the opinion of it's preservers evidence that it is actual history?

I'd suspect one who doubts the existence of Abraham Lincoln would answer with a resounding, "No!"
Of course I doubt it. I'm just pointing out that others might not, and that the Bible at least exists.

Stuff other people might have made up is not quite as doubtful as stuff you personally know you just made up.

I don't believe in either, of course.