Psychopaths

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Psychopaths

Post #1

Post by Purple Knight »

If there's a God that determines right and wrong, why the flaming shipwreck did he give some people their own Jiminy Cricket and not others?

Sometimes I just want a magic bug that gives me the right answer. When it seems like nobody else has to think about it, and they certainly don't have to explain it to me, sometimes I don't want to have to think about it either.

Is there a good reason some people missed out?

Thomas123
Sage

Post #11

Post by Thomas123 »

Psycho Paths

Hookah Smoking

Isn't that what the new vapour cigarettes actually are,...mobile Hookahs.

This is a new epidemic originally branded as an aid to beating nicotine dependence.

When you stop one dependence by prohibition you usually create opportunity for its immediate replacement.

Hookah harm is a reality for hundreds of millions of people in the Arab world and now beyond.

At least Islam is consistent and its Fata outlaws this practice on health grounds. This is an example of an organized religion having real relevance and it should be examined on that basis alone.
This is a Psycho Path based on reason, imho

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5115646/

"In fact, commitment to religious beliefs played a protective role against the consumption of tobacco products"

Has the Pope the moral relevance to ban cigarettes?
Has he the moral relevance to deliver condoms to Sao Paulo?
Should this be part of his doctrinal remit?
You tell me!

Savant

Re: Psychopaths

Post #12

Post by 1213 »

Purple Knight wrote: If there's a God that determines right and wrong, why the flaming shipwreck did he give some people their own Jiminy Cricket and not others?...
Why think God gave it to them?

By what I see, many people have rejected God and made own gods that they like to worship.

Thomas123
Sage

Post #13

Post by Thomas123 »

Thomas123:Has the Pope the moral relevance to ban cigarettes?
Has he the moral relevance to deliver condoms to Sao Paulo?
Should this be part of his doctrinal remit?
You tell me!
Condoms to Sao Paulo is a step way too far, and I respect that, but what about the church from the top of Rome being proactive in the fight against Covid 19. Catholic priests on the ground are doing fantastic and difficult work at parish level, as always but what about a significant statement from the top. What about getting involved in PPE distribution or its equivalent. Get proactive in current relevancy.

All the doctrinal old reliables, like a Sabbath, like Eucharist, like Ramadan, like Passover, etc are being stalled and circumvented by necessity. Maybe these historical gatherings were not as vital or as precious as previously declared, when compared to the individual moral health of their celebration congregations.
Should it be declared a disrespect to your God to wilfully do yourself harm with cigarettes and their equivalent. It is suicide by a thousand cuts if you consider the stats. It is wilful selfishness and a burden on your fellow human beings and it is disrespectful to the God that made you and to Creation's natural precepts.

brunumb
Savant

Post #14

Post by brunumb »

[Replying to post 12 by 1213]
By what I see, many people have rejected God and made own gods that they like to worship.
EVERY god is one that people have made and chosen to worship.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #15

Post by Purple Knight »

1213 wrote:Why think God gave it to them?
Because he created them. Your conscience is a part of you just like my legs are parts of me.

I'm not talking about following your conscience; I'm talking about the inherent knowledge you have when your magic bug goes off and it's like, "Yeah... don't do that."

Now I can understand creating someone without legs. Maybe it's a test. Maybe it's funny. I don't know; I'm not God.

God can continue to expect that legless person to be good regardless of hardship because he was born knowing how to be good. He may not have legs, but he has the magic bug.

Some people are born without a magic bug. If tests are to be believed I'm one of them.

So God creates people without a magic bug, so he can, what, send them straight to Hell when they don't obey the script they don't have a copy of?

I can obey the law. I can arrive at rational reasons not to do extreme things like murder others. I can (unlike many psychopaths) delay gratification. What I cannot do is just follow every word a moral person says, because they don't speak straight from their magic bug; they ignore it and choose to manipulate others.

Because I do not have a magic bug, I must rely on Reason to either accept, or discard, a specific rule. So if there is a rule I am expected to follow, but it comes only from the bug, and can't be found by Reason, I will see it as a bad rule and fail to follow it.

So follow my reasoning here: If God is benevolent, that means he must have made a way for me to come to that rule by Reason alone, because that's all I got. He can't send people born without legs to Hell, and because some of us come off the line without the magic bug, he can't make any rules that rely solely on the magic bug.

Am I right?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #16

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Purple Knight wrote:
1213 wrote:Why think God gave it to them?
Because he created them. Your conscience is a part of you just like my legs are parts of me.

Some people are born without legs, do you think God cut them off? Obviously that being born without legs is a malfunction in development rather than a purposed alternative human design. A psychopath is a malfunction, just as much a handicapped person as a cripple or a blind person, more so because empathy is a component of love, and The capacity to LOVE is what makes humans God's children.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Savant

Post #17

Post by 1213 »

brunumb wrote: …
EVERY god is one that people have made and chosen to worship.
Who made Bible God?

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #18

Post by Zzyzx »

1213 wrote:
brunumb wrote: EVERY god is one that people have made and chosen to worship.
Who made Bible God?
Bible writers
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #19

Post by Purple Knight »

JehovahsWitness wrote:Some people are born without legs, do you think God cut them off? Obviously that being born without legs is a malfunction in development rather than a purposed alternative human design.
So all-powerful God designed the person with legs, and some mistake happened (not necessarily God's) and we get no legs.
JehovahsWitness wrote:A psychopath is a malfunction, just as much a handicapped person as a cripple or a blind person, more so because empathy is a component of love, and The capacity to LOVE is what makes humans God's children.
Then a psychopath can't ever truly be accepted by God.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #20

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Purple Knight wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:A psychopath is a malfunction, just as much a handicapped person as a cripple or a blind person, more so because empathy is a component of love, and The capacity to LOVE is what makes humans God's children.
Then a psychopath can't ever truly be accepted by God.
He can be to the extent he develops the qualities he is capable of developping. Nobody gets a free ticket, even someone sick in the head like a psychopath.
  • God knows what we are capable of and does not expect more than we can truly give, a psychopath who is used to fooling everybody cannot fool God. God knows when one is saying "I can't do anything" when the reality is that they can't do much.

Psychopaths are disadvantaged as they have the personality traits of SATAN who is extremely intelliigent but manipulative and devoid of loving kindness for anyone but himself. God understands to what point the psychopath can struggle against the expression of such a base and repulsive nature and will reward those that choose to fight.
HOW TO FIGHT WHEN YOU ARE DEAD INSIDE
  • Recognising bible truths is to an extent like maths, one doesnt need to feel anything to recognise the logic and symmetry of what is true. The psychopath, due to his superior intelligence would be in a better position to quickly recognise at least intellectually what is true. Unfortunately he is hampered by his inability to think past himself or what any set of facts or information can get for him. Effectively the psychopath is doomed to remain a spiritual retard, in a vegetative state as regards the high principles of divine worship (love of truth, integrity, humilty, self sacrifice, ...). Spiritually paralized from the neck down he may only be able to do the spiritual equivalent of wiggle one of his fingers to show his creator that inside the pathetic shell of his handicapp there is the potential for him to one day become a human being in the truest sense of the word.
God thus may choose not to kill him off with the incorrigly wicked, IF he uses his intellect to identify the true God and his people when given the opportunity (either through an internet post or in the real world). This wicked world is ruled by psychopaths who have united and networked under the Father of all psychos Satan the Devil. God will not forever ignore the immeasurable suffering they have caused to the innocent. That said JEHOVAH is merciful to any individual psychopath who forces himself to refrain from actively harming others and "wiggles his finger".

Not because we are worthy, but because we are loved

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Tue May 05, 2020 10:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8