Psychopaths

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Psychopaths

Post #1

Post by Purple Knight »

If there's a God that determines right and wrong, why the flaming shipwreck did he give some people their own Jiminy Cricket and not others?

Sometimes I just want a magic bug that gives me the right answer. When it seems like nobody else has to think about it, and they certainly don't have to explain it to me, sometimes I don't want to have to think about it either.

Is there a good reason some people missed out?

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Re: Psychopaths

Post #31

Post by Zzyzx »

1213 wrote:
Zzyzx wrote: ....No verifiable evidence has been presented to indicate that the character exists outside the tales…
Bible tells God is the creator of earth, plants, animals and humans. viewtopic.php?p=1011414#1011414
As I said, 'no verifiable evidence' -- just tales in an ancient book.
1213 wrote: The things created exists, so we have verifiable evidence for God the creator. Or, do you think those don’t exist?
Actually, it was Leprechauns that created earth, plants, animals (including humans).

Don't believe me? "I have a book that says so".
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Savant

Post #32

Post by 1213 »

Tcg wrote: … He is called svayambhu because in reality none created him. As Isvara, he created himself.
…
Basically, you are now saying Brahma is no one. That kind of contradiction ruins your otherwise entertaining attempt.

Savant

Post #33

Post by 1213 »

Zzyzx wrote: …Actually, it was Leprechauns that created earth, plants, animals (including humans).
…
Please explain why do you believe so?

Tcg
Savant

Post #34

Post by Tcg »

1213 wrote:
Tcg wrote: … He is called svayambhu because in reality none created him. As Isvara, he created himself.
…
Basically, you are now saying Brahma is no one. That kind of contradiction ruins your otherwise entertaining attempt.
There is nothing entertaining about a foreign god taking credit for Brahma, the Creator's handiwork.

Brahma most certain is someone. Every time you see a living being you are viewing evidence of Brahma. This just shows that no matter how much evidence skeptics are given, they will deny the true creator, Brahma, the Creator.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #35

Post by Zzyzx »

1213 wrote:
Zzyzx wrote: …Actually, it was Leprechauns that created earth, plants, animals (including humans).
…
Please explain why do you believe so?
I have this book that says so.

It also says that if we believe the book we will find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow that Leprechauns created. Only <shudder> skeptics would doubt the book (but they are going to hell anyway, so it doesn't matter).

I have no verifiable evidence that the book is true and accurate -- just as god-worshipers have no verifiable evidence that the tales in their favorite book are true and accurate.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Savant

Post #36

Post by 1213 »

Tcg wrote:
1213 wrote:
…
…Brahma most certain is someone. …
But you just said that no one has created him and that he has created himself, which is contradiction and means he is no one. Maybe you should ask help from your god in this, because you are not really going strongly now.

Savant

Post #37

Post by 1213 »

Zzyzx wrote: ….I have this book that says so. ….
Please tell, what is the name of the book?

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #38

Post by Zzyzx »

1213 wrote:
The Big Book of Leprechaun
Non-Theist

bluegreenearth
Guru

Post #39

Post by bluegreenearth »

Zzyzx wrote: .
1213 wrote:
The Big Book of Leprechaun
Yes, the Big Book of Leprechaun (BBL) is the revealed and inspired word of the creator Leprechaun. I know the BBL is true because of the self-authenticating witness of the invisible Leprechaun avatar.

Tcg
Savant

Post #40

Post by Tcg »

1213 wrote:
Tcg wrote:
1213 wrote:
…
…Brahma most certain is someone. …
But you just said that no one has created him and that he has created himself, which is contradiction and means he is no one. Maybe you should ask help from your god in this, because you are not really going strongly now.
Not at all. Brahma works in mysterious ways. With Brahma, all things are possible. Brahma exits as a result of his own creative power. He is indeed the great Creator.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom