Exodus 32:30

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

SallyF
Guru

Exodus 32:30

Post #1

Post by SallyF »

The "Lord" in this case is the biblical Yahweh god.

Yahweh is the mythological deity of Jewish folks.

The writers have the mythological god refuse Moses' offer of himself as atonement for the sins of others.

The human writers have written that the "theology" is that everyone is responsible for their own sins.

It's Jewish biblical theology, right here in the "Word of God".

Why did the Jewish sect the Jesus character belonged to contradict that theology …?
"God" … just whatever humans imagine it to be.

"Scripture" … just whatever humans write it to be.

Wootah
Savant

Re: Exodus 32:30

Post #11

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to SallyF]

I think this interpretation is correct. If Moses could pay for our sins God would have allowed him. No different to Abraham and Isaac. This fits in well with a sacrifice acceptable to God in Jesus.

If the law could get Moses into the promised land it would have as well.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

SallyF
Guru

Re: Exodus 32:30

Post #12

Post by SallyF »

Wootah wrote: [Replying to SallyF]

I think this interpretation is correct. If Moses could pay for our sins God would have allowed him. No different to Abraham and Isaac. This fits in well with a sacrifice acceptable to God in Jesus.

If the law could get Moses into the promised land it would have as well.

Please take a careful look at what the writers actually have the god say.

What these writers have the god say is contradicted by what the writers of the Pauline propaganda say.

SallyF
Guru

Post #13

Post by SallyF »

Christians, I suggest, should have a very careful examination of the Jewish perspective on the Jesus dying for the sins of all mankind notion …

If we are supposedly reading the "Word of God" …

The newer "scripture" …

Supposedly inspired/dictated/whatever by the same version of "God" …

CLEARLY contradicts the earlier "scripture".

Which says to me that people are just makin' stuff up to suit themselves …

And "God" has nothing to do with it …

Because "God" seems to me to be nothing more than human make-believe.

(But my door is WIDE open.)

Savant

Post #14

Post by 1213 »

SallyF wrote: Christians, I suggest, should have a very careful examination of the Jewish perspective on the Jesus dying for the sins of all mankind notion ……
I agree with that. But, it would be good, if people would even look what the NT says about death of Jesus and what was the reason for it. Would make things much easier for those who like the truth.

SallyF
Guru

Post #15

Post by SallyF »

We have ZERO evidence that the Jesus character was the "Son of (the Jewish) God".

The Christian-Jewish "scriptures" were written by humans to promote their notions.

The Christian message …

Is in clear contradiction of the earlier human-written "scriptures" …

Which is part of the reason I consider Christianity to have been a fraud from the start.

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #16

Post by Zzyzx »

1213 wrote:
SallyF wrote: Christians, I suggest, should have a very careful examination of the Jewish perspective on the Jesus dying for the sins of all mankind notion ……
I agree with that. But, it would be good, if people would even look what the NT says about death of Jesus and what was the reason for it. Would make things much easier for those who like the truth.
What assurance do we have that the NT presents truth?
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

SallyF
Guru

Post #17

Post by SallyF »

This is what the presumably Jewish followers of the Yahweh god wrote ...

(WHEN they wrote it can't be dated before c. 200 BCE)

The Jewish sect/cult that eventually became known as "Christianity" wrote of an entirely DIFFERENT notion ...

Given that not a soul ever begins to demonstrate that any version of "God" had ANYTHING whatsoever to do with EITHER of these notions ...

We may be safe in expecting that different people were just makin' up different stuff about different imaginings they were having about different versions of "God".

But this New Atheist is QUITE happy to examine any sort of good, hard, verifiable evidence to the contrary.

Savant

Post #18

Post by 1213 »

Zzyzx wrote: .
1213 wrote:
What I said before was just about that person would know what the Bible tells, different matter is does one believe it is also true. But, to your question, Bible has many things, I don’t think your question can be answered without going through all claims in the Bible separately. So, if you want answer, I think you should define more accurately what point in the Bible. For example, is it true that murder is wrong, or is it true that Jesus was on earth are different kind of matters. To me, it doesn’t matter do you believe Jesus was on earth. To me it is more important if people understand for example that murder is wrong.

SallyF
Guru

Post #19

Post by SallyF »

1213 wrote:
Zzyzx wrote: .
1213 wrote:
What I said before was just about that person would know what the Bible tells, different matter is does one believe it is also true. But, to your question, Bible has many things, I don’t think your question can be answered without going through all claims in the Bible separately. So, if you want answer, I think you should define more accurately what point in the Bible. For example, is it true that murder is wrong, or is it true that Jesus was on earth are different kind of matters. To me, it doesn’t matter do you believe Jesus was on earth. To me it is more important if people understand for example that murder is wrong.

Would you care to have a shot at actually addressing the OP question …?

Given that not a soul EVER demonstrates that Jehovah and/or Jesus, and/or the Holy Ghost had ANYTHING whatsoever with ANY biblical "scripture" …

Why did the writers of the Christian-Jewish promotional literature clearly contradict the writers of the earlier Jewish promotional literature …?

Savant

Post #20

Post by 1213 »

SallyF wrote: …Why did the writers of the Christian-Jewish promotional literature clearly contradict the writers of the earlier Jewish promotional literature …?
No one has ever demonstrated that NT contradicts OT. Your interpretations and opinions are not same as what is written in the Bible.