Will Jesus be Prime Minister?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

marco
Savant

Will Jesus be Prime Minister?

Post #1

Post by marco »

I have just read this somewhere, a prediction about our future planetary history:

God's Kingdom is a government ( a rulership with a domain or territory to rule over) that is comprised of144,000 individuals headed by Jesus, who will rule over the territory of the entire planet earth.

Had I been told this as a boy I would have welcomed atheism. Unfortunately I was given piety sandwiches and holy drinks, with poems about the meek being blessed. Not only did the Light Brigade of Tennyson's poem enter the valley of death, I was invited there to fear none ill. It was nice stuff with no intrusive politics.

What makes the above passage so obviously hostile to reason? Why would we discard it as soon as we had read planet earth?

My question is: If people can be driven to accepting this as truth is our education system useless?
If this is the turn taken by Christianity, has it finally lost all rationality?

Avoice
Guru

Re: Will Jesus be Prime Minister?

Post #21

Post by Avoice »

Jesus had his chance. He did nothing.

Diogenes
Guru

Re: Will Jesus be Prime Minister?

Post #22

Post by Diogenes »

Why not jettison the entire book of Revelation? It's obviously the product of a great imagination drenched with religious nonsense, Old Testament images, and hallucinations from a crazed mind. Christian theologians have tried without success to make sense of it for a millennia, a fools errand.

Before You Embark On A Journey Of Revenge, Dig Two Graves

— Confucius