Which Jesus was the real one?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

marco
Savant

Which Jesus was the real one?

Post #1

Post by marco »

People today worship or honour a variety of Christs. One is God, independent from the Father; one is a strange incarnation of God, who made a temporary appearance on earth; another is a very good man chosen by God to tell people good news, whatever that is; another is a wandering preacher full of good words but just a man like other men; some think Jesus is eternally present and can even advise them today.

Unfortunately the folk who gave us the photos were perhaps fake photographers, such as Matthew who had no problem in making things up for a good story. John confused the issue by writing there was the word and it had a bit to do with God - No, it was actually God. We can spend a few hours trying to make sense of that. If the carriers of truth are themselves vague or untruthful, where do you find truth?

Is Christ a multi-coloured invention? God, goodness, truth, shepherd, misunderstood preacher, blasphemer, redeemer....?

Is it possible to make a decision on who Christ was, or is?

Or should we accept the advice of religious experts of the time, the Jews who rejected him?

Savant

Re: Which Jesus was the real one?

Post #21

Post by 1213 »

Elijah John wrote: …What does the Bible say about who Jesus is?
I think it would be best if you read the book and see what Bible says about Jesus. I don’t think it is reasonable that I copy it to here, therefore you could use some internet page that has the Bible, for example:

https://raamattu.uskonkirjat.net/servle ... site.Bible

But, I have also collected some main points from the Bible in here:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/r.berg/Who_Jesus_is.html

Maybe that could be useful for you. And if you insist a short answer, I think this is one of the best:

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
1 Timothy 2:5
Elijah John wrote:…
What do you think the Bible says about who Jesus is?
I think Bible says what it says. It would be wrong if I would give own meanings to it.

SallyF
Guru

Post #22

Post by SallyF »

The "Gospel" propaganda depicts the Jesus character as a political character.

Pilate …

A character confirmed by an independent historical source …

Is investigating the Jesus character's claim to a political position.

I doubt that Pilate was investigating the idea that the Jesus character may be visiting this hillbilly outpost of the Roman Empire as an emissary (or son) of the local Jehovah god with a view to tricking the empire into making him a human blood sacrifice to mollify a wrathful Jehovah …

And thereby save the soul of Pilate and billions of others.

I doubt this was the purpose of the court hearing.

The donkey-parading, temple-trashing Jesus character was claiming the Throne of David.

The Herods and the Romans judged this as political insurrection.

Simple.

Down to Earth.

In my view, closer to reality than the "Sacrifice for the Sins of the World" propaganda that came later.
"God" … just whatever humans imagine it to be.

"Scripture" … just whatever humans write it to be.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #23

Post by Elijah John »

1213 wrote:
Elijah John wrote: …What does the Bible say about who Jesus is?
I think it would be best if you read the book and see what Bible says about Jesus. I don’t think it is reasonable that I copy it to here, therefore you could use some internet page that has the Bible, for example:

https://raamattu.uskonkirjat.net/servle ... site.Bible

But, I have also collected some main points from the Bible in here:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/r.berg/Who_Jesus_is.html

Maybe that could be useful for you. And if you insist a short answer, I think this is one of the best:

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
1 Timothy 2:5
Elijah John wrote:…
What do you think the Bible says about who Jesus is?
I think Bible says what it says. It would be wrong if I would give own meanings to it.
If those links are to your book, (PDF when I read it), it is good and I recommend it. Don't agree with everything, but it is internally consistent and a very plausible interpretation. Well supported by Scripture.

I think where you and I differ is that I see the Bible as imperfect. Good on the whole, but with some serious flaws.

Also, I don't think Jesus was a mediator. I am convinced that the real, historical Jesus taught direct access to God, bypassing the Temple. Evidence? The LORD's prayer. He taught us to go directly to God in prayer, with no mediation. And certainly no blood needed.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Savant

Post #24

Post by 1213 »

Elijah John wrote: …If those links are to your book, (PDF when I read it), it is good and I recommend it…
Yes the link (r.berg) was to my book, thank you! :)
Elijah John wrote:… I think where you and I differ is that I see the Bible as imperfect. Good on the whole, but with some serious flaws.
Please tell one example of serious flaw?
Elijah John wrote:…Also, I don't think Jesus was a mediator. I am convinced that the real, historical Jesus taught direct access to God, bypassing the Temple. Evidence? The LORD's prayer. He taught us to go directly to God in prayer, with no mediation. And certainly no blood needed.
I agree that no blood necessary. But, because Jesus mediates message from God (at least according to the Bible), I think he can be logically called mediator between men and God. But obviously, it does not mean that person can’t pray God directly.