Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

The flood (again)

Post #1

Post by Zzyzx »

In a current thread someone said:
Would you like to have a debate on the deluge or Jesus' resurrection?
As people join the Forum they maybe unaware that some topics have been debated many, many times. Perhaps they think they have 'killer arguments' that are compelling.

Question for debate: Was the Earth flooded 'to the tops of mountains' as described in Genesis?
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Re: The flood (again)

Post #101

Post by Zzyzx »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:15 am That is true my response is your post presumes the mountains we presently have have always been as high as they are now; there is evidence that this was not the case.
My post does NOT assume any such thing. I am fully aware that some mountains increase in elevation and others decrease.

However, I ask that those who propose mountains were much lower at the supposed time of the 'flood', to provide verifiable evidence to support their contention. [/quote]
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Willum
Savant

Re: The flood (again)

Post #102

Post by Willum »

I had an idea.
Maybe “ark” should be read in plural!
There was an ark in all the regions of the world, and the ark in the Bible is told from Noah’s point of view.

He spent all that time traveling the world, building many life boats, about the same size, or whatever.

(I’ve just let Abrahamists survive until the next century, huh? :D )