Who Started That Lie Faith Comes by Hearing the Word of God?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Who Started That Lie Faith Comes by Hearing the Word of God?

Post #1

Post by jimtatertayte »

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

How many times have you spoken the word of God to someone
and it did not give them any faith?

Atheist read the words of God and it does not change them or give them any faith.

Many many people saw Jesus with their own eyes raise the dead and heal the lame, sick and blind
it did not give them any faith nor did it convert them. Many many people
walked and followed Jesus but turned back. Even His own 12 apostles had little faith,
for Jesus was always rebuking them for their lack of faith
and one of them betrayed Him.

So...Who Started That Lie Faith Comes by Hearing the Word of God?

And where and how do you obtain your faith?

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Re: Who Started That Lie Faith Comes by Hearing the Word of God?

Post #81

Post by jimtatertayte »

1213 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:21 am
jimtatertayte wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:04 pm
1213 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:33 pm
jimtatertayte wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:30 am So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

How many times have you spoken the word of God to someone
and it did not give them any faith?...
Faith comes by so, but not necessary always. It does not say it will be so every time.
What you stated does not make any sense.
Sorry, if I was unclear. I meant, person can become faithful (loyal) to God, when he hears about God and God’s message. Before hearing, person can’t become loyal, because he doesn’t know about the matter. But, not all want to be loyal to God, even if they hear the message. So, even if person hears the message, it is possible that he rejects it and doesn’t want to be loyal (faithful) to God.
If what you said was true then this would not be possible...

Luke 1:15
For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord,
and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink;
and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #82

Post by jimtatertayte »

The Tanager wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:26 am [Replying to jimtatertayte in post #79]

How does one who disagrees with you go about challenging their own belief and possibly changing it to agree with what you know?
The truth is flawless and without error or contradiction.

If what you believe is flawless and without error or contradiction,
then you know the truth and you know it is correct.

The Tanager
Savant

Post #83

Post by The Tanager »

jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:41 amIf what you believe is flawless and without error or contradiction, then you know the truth and you know it is correct.
Yes, but I am asking you to show me that there is no flaw, error, or contradiction in the statement that God gave everyone faith at their creation, so that I can know that this is true and correct.

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #84

Post by jimtatertayte »

The Tanager wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:30 pm
jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:41 amIf what you believe is flawless and without error or contradiction, then you know the truth and you know it is correct.
Yes, but I am asking you to show me that there is no flaw, error, or contradiction in the statement that God gave everyone faith at their creation, so that I can know that this is true and correct.
No, you are trying to trap me in my own words to which you have failed miserably.
If you want to see then look for yourself.

The Tanager
Savant

Post #85

Post by The Tanager »

jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:00 pmYes, but I am asking you to show me that there is no flaw, error, or contradiction in the statement that God gave everyone faith at their creation, so that I can know that this is true and correct.
No, you are trying to trap me in my own words to which you have failed miserably.
If you want to see then look for yourself.[/quote]

I don't play those games. Your assumptions about me are getting in the way of truth. I don't see why your words would trap you. You seem to think you can play a role in someone else coming to this knowledge. If not, then coming to a discussion forum doesn't seem to be a good use of one's time. If so, then help me see why this knowledge is knowledge.

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #86

Post by jimtatertayte »

The Tanager wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:17 pm

I don't play those games. Your assumptions about me are getting in the way of truth. I don't see why your words would trap you. You seem to think you can play a role in someone else coming to this knowledge. If not, then coming to a discussion forum doesn't seem to be a good use of one's time. If so, then help me see why this knowledge is knowledge.
I cannot help you concerning this matter, for it requires the Spirit of God
and I cannot give it to you. You will have to get it from Him.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #87

Post by 2timothy316 »

jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:21 pm

So Jim, you have been trapped by your own words. If you can't lead us to anything and help us with faith then what is the point of posting here? Are you here to just rub our faces in the fact that you have something that you can't give anyone? Maybe I'm the only one but you don't seem to want to discuses with or lead us but only tell us. Yet tell us what? That you can't help us? What exactly do you want to talk about?

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #88

Post by jimtatertayte »

2timothy316 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:33 pm

So Jim, you have been trapped by your own words. If you can't lead us to anything and help us with faith then what is the point of posting here? Are you here to just rub our faces in the fact that you have something that you can't give anyone? Maybe I'm the only one but you don't seem to want to discuses with or lead us but only tell us. Yet tell us what? That you can't help us? What exactly do you want to talk about?
My Name is not Jim, it is Stephen. I am not sent here to teach you or lead you.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #89

Post by 2timothy316 »

jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:39 pm

Then what are you here to do?
(I use your screen name because it's not safe to broadcast your real name on the internet. I call you jim for your protection.)

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #90

Post by jimtatertayte »

2timothy316 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:44 pm
jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:39 pm

Then what are you here to do?
(I use your screen name because it's not safe to broadcast your real name on the internet. I call you jim for your protection.)
To converse with whomever converses with me.