Who Started That Lie Faith Comes by Hearing the Word of God?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Who Started That Lie Faith Comes by Hearing the Word of God?

Post #1

Post by jimtatertayte »

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

How many times have you spoken the word of God to someone
and it did not give them any faith?

Atheist read the words of God and it does not change them or give them any faith.

Many many people saw Jesus with their own eyes raise the dead and heal the lame, sick and blind
it did not give them any faith nor did it convert them. Many many people
walked and followed Jesus but turned back. Even His own 12 apostles had little faith,
for Jesus was always rebuking them for their lack of faith
and one of them betrayed Him.

So...Who Started That Lie Faith Comes by Hearing the Word of God?

And where and how do you obtain your faith?

2timothy316
Under Probation

Re: Who Started That Lie Faith Comes by Hearing the Word of God?

Post #91

Post by 2timothy316 »

jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:47 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:44 pm
jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:39 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:33 pm
jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:21 pm
The Tanager wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:17 pm

I don't play those games. Your assumptions about me are getting in the way of truth. I don't see why your words would trap you. You seem to think you can play a role in someone else coming to this knowledge. If not, then coming to a discussion forum doesn't seem to be a good use of one's time. If so, then help me see why this knowledge is knowledge.
I cannot help you concerning this matter, for it requires the Spirit of God
and I cannot give it to you. You will have to get it from Him.
So Jim, you have been trapped by your own words. If you can't lead us to anything and help us with faith then what is the point of posting here? Are you here to just rub our faces in the fact that you have something that you can't give anyone? Maybe I'm the only one but you don't seem to want to discuses with or lead us but only tell us. Yet tell us what? That you can't help us? What exactly do you want to talk about?
My Name is not Jim, it is Stephen. I am not sent here to teach you or lead you.
Then what are you here to do?
(I use your screen name because it's not safe to broadcast your real name on the internet. I call you jim for your protection.)
To converse with whomever converses with me.
To converse about what? Apparently no one has your level of 'spirit' connection and we can't have it because God didn't give it to us and you can't lead us to it so....what do you want to talk about? Perhaps it's just me, but I truly do not know what you want to converse about with us lower life forms. Do you want to make us feel bad? Feel good? Feel nothing?
Last edited by 2timothy316 on Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #92

Post by jimtatertayte »

2timothy316 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:10 pm

I don't play those games. Your assumptions about me are getting in the way of truth. I don't see why your words would trap you. You seem to think you can play a role in someone else coming to this knowledge. If not, then coming to a discussion forum doesn't seem to be a good use of one's time. If so, then help me see why this knowledge is knowledge.

He told me you are long overdue.
So Jim, you have been trapped by your own words. If you can't lead us to anything and help us with faith then what is the point of posting here? Are you here to just rub our faces in the fact that you have something that you can't give anyone? Maybe I'm the only one but you don't seem to want to discuses with or lead us but only tell us. Yet tell us what? That you can't help us? What exactly do you want to talk about?
(I use your screen name because it's not safe to broadcast your real name on the internet. I call you jim for your protection.)
To converse about what? Apparently no one has your level of 'spirit' connection and we can't have it because God didn't give it to us and you can't lead us to it so....what do you want to talk about? Perhaps it's just me, but I truly do not know what you want to converse about with us lower life forms.
Let's talk about you paying the vow
that you made to God that you have yet to pay Him.

He told me you are long overdue.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #93

Post by 2timothy316 »

jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:12 pm

To converse about what? Apparently no one has your level of 'spirit' connection and we can't have it because God didn't give it to us and you can't lead us to it so....what do you want to talk about? Perhaps it's just me, but I truly do not know what you want to converse about with us lower life forms.
I can't pay a vow unless He made me vow...furthermore I can't keep a vow to Him unless He determined I would keep the vow according to your theology. Why should I talk about it to you? You can't help me keep it and you can't lead me to it or through it.

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #94

Post by jimtatertayte »

2timothy316 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:14 pm

I can't pay a vow unless He made me vow...furthermore I can't keep a vow to Him unless He determined I would keep the vow according to your theology. Why should I talk about it to you? You can't help me keep it and you can't lead me to it or through it.
Do you have anything else to say about it or are you done?

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #95

Post by 2timothy316 »

jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:19 pm

According to you I was done, judged, sealed, consigned to hell before you got here. So the question is not what do I have to say, because what I have to say apparently is completely irrelevant, but are you willing to perhaps evolve your theology to include freedom of choice? Do I have the freedom to take your point of view? If I have no choice, then it's not me who is done with you but you who are done with me, because you've got it all figured out right?

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #96

Post by jimtatertayte »

2timothy316 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:24 pm
jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:19 pm
jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:21 pm I cannot help you concerning this matter, for it requires the Spirit of God
According to you I was done, judged, sealed, consigned to hell before you got here. So the question is not what do I have to say, because what I have to say apparently is completely irrelevant, but are you willing to perhaps evolve your theology to include freedom of choice? Do I have the freedom to take your point of view? If I have no choice, then it's not me who is done with you but you who are done with me, because you've got it all figured out right?
What is stopping you from paying your vow to God?

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #97

Post by 2timothy316 »

jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:34 pm
God. I mean if everything is predetermined up to and including my name before the world was created. Then this vow was predetermined as well. So why talk about? I don't have a choice right? He is either going to make me keep it or not. The choice as been made. Or are you saying I do have a choice?

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #98

Post by jimtatertayte »

2timothy316 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:49 pm
jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:34 pm
God. I mean if everything is predetermined up to and including my name before the world was created. Then this vow was predetermined as well. So why talk about? I don't have a choice right? He is either going to make me keep it or not. The choice as been made. Or are you saying I do have a choice?
The outcome has already been determined.

brunumb
Savant

Post #99

Post by brunumb »

jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:21 am Would you be willing to put up all the blessings you have from God on it?
Please demonstrate that I have any blessings and that they come from some alleged god.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #100

Post by jimtatertayte »

brunumb wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:51 pm
jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:21 am Would you be willing to put up all the blessings you have from God on it?
Please demonstrate that I have any blessings and that they come from some alleged god.
I can't because at this point in time God took them all from you and gave them to me.
So now I agree with you, you have no blessings from God.
It will show up in your everyday life.