Who Started That Lie Faith Comes by Hearing the Word of God?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Who Started That Lie Faith Comes by Hearing the Word of God?

Post #1

Post by jimtatertayte »

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

How many times have you spoken the word of God to someone
and it did not give them any faith?

Atheist read the words of God and it does not change them or give them any faith.

Many many people saw Jesus with their own eyes raise the dead and heal the lame, sick and blind
it did not give them any faith nor did it convert them. Many many people
walked and followed Jesus but turned back. Even His own 12 apostles had little faith,
for Jesus was always rebuking them for their lack of faith
and one of them betrayed Him.

So...Who Started That Lie Faith Comes by Hearing the Word of God?

And where and how do you obtain your faith?

brunumb
Savant

Re: Who Started That Lie Faith Comes by Hearing the Word of God?

Post #101

Post by brunumb »

jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:55 pm So now I agree with you, you have no blessings from God.
You're right. My blessings actually come from my fellow human beings. No gods necessary.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #102

Post by 2timothy316 »

jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:56 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:49 pm
jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:34 pm
What is stopping you from paying your vow to God?
God. I mean if everything is predetermined up to and including my name before the world was created. Then this vow was predetermined as well. So why talk about? I don't have a choice right? He is either going to make me keep it or not. The choice as been made. Or are you saying I do have a choice?
The outcome has already been determined.
Then all your talk, all of these posts and everything you say to all of us is completely useless. You're powerless to convince. This entire debating forum is for those that think we have a choice and despite you telling us we don't, you can't convince us that we don't because it's not up to you whether we believe it or not. According to your own theology, your posts telling this or that have no purpose here as they are powerless and pointless. Earlier you said you wanted conversation, but conversations are two way not one way. One way talking is called preaching. Too bad according to your theology your preaching falls on deaf ears as according to you, God determined thousands of years ago we wouldn't be able to respond to your preaching and change our thinking to yours.

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #103

Post by jimtatertayte »

2timothy316 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:08 am
God. I mean if everything is predetermined up to and including my name before the world was created. Then this vow was predetermined as well. So why talk about? I don't have a choice right? He is either going to make me keep it or not. The choice as been made. Or are you saying I do have a choice?
Then all your talk, all of these posts and everything you say to all of us is completely useless. You're powerless to convince. This entire debating forum is for those that think we have a choice and despite you telling us we don't, you can't convince us that we don't because it's not up to you whether we believe it or not. According to your own theology, your posts telling this or that have no purpose here as they are powerless and pointless. Earlier you said you wanted conversation, but conversations are two way not one way. One way talking is called preaching. Too bad according to your theology your preaching falls on deaf ears as according to you, God determined thousands of years ago we wouldn't be able to respond to your preaching and change our thinking to yours.
Mark 4:12
That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear,
and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted,
and their sins should be forgiven them.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #104

Post by 2timothy316 »

jimtatertayte wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:22 am
2timothy316 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:08 am
Mark 4:12
That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear,
and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted,
and their sins should be forgiven them.
Your theology has made your quoting scripture useless. Your god is making you waste your time. I seriously don't know what you are trying to accomplish given your beliefs. You can't teach me or anyone anything remember? So why post anything at all? is it just make you feel better? You could do that by reading the scripture to yourself. Why quote it here to me? What are you hoping to accomplish by quoting a book to me that you yourself don't believe is to be trusted? viewtopic.php?p=1021759#p1021759

Savant

Post #105

Post by 1213 »

jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:37 am
1213 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:21 am Sorry, if I was unclear. I meant, person can become faithful (loyal) to God, when he hears about God and God’s message. Before hearing, person can’t become loyal, because he doesn’t know about the matter. But, not all want to be loyal to God, even if they hear the message. So, even if person hears the message, it is possible that he rejects it and doesn’t want to be loyal (faithful) to God.
If what you said was true then this would not be possible...

Luke 1:15
For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord,
and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink;
and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.
Sorry, I don’t see how that would be in contradiction with what I said. Please explain what do you mean?

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #106

Post by jimtatertayte »

1213 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:55 am
jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:37 am
1213 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:21 am Sorry, if I was unclear. I meant, person can become faithful (loyal) to God, when he hears about God and God’s message. Before hearing, person can’t become loyal, because he doesn’t know about the matter. But, not all want to be loyal to God, even if they hear the message. So, even if person hears the message, it is possible that he rejects it and doesn’t want to be loyal (faithful) to God.
If what you said was true then this would not be possible...

Luke 1:15
For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord,
and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink;
and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.
Sorry, I don’t see how that would be in contradiction with what I said. Please explain what do you mean?
No matter which way or how I explain it to you, you will not understand it.
I did not reply it to you for you to understand it, I replied it to you to defeat that to which
you stated as truth. To the victor goes the spoils.

brunumb
Savant

Post #107

Post by brunumb »

jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:47 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:33 pm
Then what are you here to do?
To converse with whomever converses with me.
You should be aware that this site is for debate. Perhaps a chat room would be more fitting to your purpose.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #108

Post by jimtatertayte »

brunumb wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:38 pm
jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:47 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:33 pm
Then what are you here to do?
To converse with whomever converses with me.
You should be aware that this site is for debate. Perhaps a chat room would be more fitting to your purpose.
And to you I say in return,
you should be aware that you have to converse with another to debate them.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #109

Post by Clownboat »

I did not reply it to you for you to understand it, I replied it to you to defeat that to which
Christians debating Christians! Taste of their own medicine.
Fun aint it!

Why make an argument when you can just claim a lack of understanding? Fortunately, not all Christians stoop to this level.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #110

Post by jimtatertayte »

Clownboat wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:48 pm
Christians debating Christians! Taste of their own medicine.
Fun aint it!

Why make an argument when you can just claim a lack of understanding? Fortunately, not all Christians stoop to this level.
I am not a Christian. Oops you are wrong again.