What is special about Jesus?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

What is special about Jesus?

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

If we can agree that bulls and lambs are insufficient propitiations for our sins then what makes Jesus a sufficient propitiation?

Especially if you think Jesus is a created being then what makes one created being sufficient and another insufficient?

If he is a human then how did he pull it off to not sin for 33 years? Was Jesus created perfect?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: What is special about Jesus?

Post #61

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Wootah wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:50 amOf all the created things God deliberately blocked them from being sinless except this created thing.
This doesn'r reflect the my theology at all, my theology is bibe based, this statement is your own and I claim no ownership of it.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #62

Wootah wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:50 am
If Jesus is a man, an actual man that is a substitute for us, then he is with sin.
Jesus isn't a man (a human) now, he is presently a mighty spirit being who sits at God's right hand. But he (Jesus) was a man, in the past. Perhaps you would like to explain why your theology doesn't allow for Jesus to have been born a human. Or why your theology rejects the biblical teaching that Jesus, during his human, life committed no sin.

HEBREWS 4:15 ISV

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses. Instead, we have one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet he never sinned.

JW

RELATED POSTS

Was Jesus really HUMAN?
viewtopic.php?p=1021352#p1021352

Did Jesus human life begin as a fertilized egg in a woman's womb?
viewtopic.php?p=1022425#p1022425

How could Mary give birth to a Male child if she was a virgin? Wouldn't she only be capable of giving birth to a female?
viewtopic.php?p=832716#p832716
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Miles
Savant

Post #63

Post by Miles »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:03 pm
Wootah wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:50 am
If Jesus is a man, an actual man that is a substitute for us, then he is with sin.
Jesus isn't a man (a human) now, he is presently a mighty spirit being who sits at God's right hand. But he (Jesus) was a man, in the past. Perhaps you would like to explain why your theology doesn't allow for Jesus to have been born a human. Or why your theology rejects the biblical teaching that Jesus, during his human, life committed no sin.
Other than Jesus, has anyone ever lived without having sinned?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #64

Miles wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:30 pmOther than Jesus, has anyone ever lived without having sinned?

If by "anyone" you are refering to any HUMAN, then biblicaly, no. Nor, as natural descendants of Adam could anyone ever hope to.

1 JOHN 1:8
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
ROMANS 5:12

... just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin,+ and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned

ECCLESIASTES 7:20

For there is no righteous man on earth who always does good and never sins.
ROMANS 3:23

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Further reading The truth about sin
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2010414

RELATED POSTS
How is it that all humans came to be sinners?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 00#p841000

Can sin be passed on from parent to Child?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 40#p909940

In what sense is Jesus "The last Adam:?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 50#p959850

What effect did the original sin have on mankind?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 89#p940489
To learn more please go to other posts related to...

SIN , PERFECTION , and ...THE RANSOM SACRIFICE
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

Wootah
Savant

Post #65

Post by Wootah »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:51 pm
Wootah wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:50 amOf all the created things God deliberately blocked them from being sinless except this created thing.
This doesn'r reflect the my theology at all, my theology is bibe based, this statement is your own and I claim no ownership of it.
Looks like a duck ....

Yes well, how would you phrase it? Your own words is best.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #66

Wootah wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:49 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:51 pm
... how would you phrase it? Your own words is best.

By "it" are you asking about my belief or yours? If you are asking me to explain what *I* believe in my own words, I would say:
I believe that everything God makes is perfect. That perfection can be lost through the deliberate acts of those creatures endowed with free will. And that God never blocks or impedes anyone from making the right choices in this regards.
I have no interest in rephrasing your statement in my own words.

JW

Wootah
Savant

Post #67

Post by Wootah »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:19 am I believe that everything God makes is perfect. That perfection can be lost through the deliberate acts of those creatures endowed with free will. And that God never blocks or impedes anyone from making the right choices in this regards.
Where does God say everything he makes is perfect? Genesis calls everything good.

Does a perfect creature need God?

I think we are all highly dependant on God.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #68

Wootah wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:12 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:19 am I believe that everything God makes is perfect. That perfection can be lost through the deliberate acts of those creatures endowed with free will. And that God never blocks or impedes anyone from making the right choices in this regards.
Where does God say everything he makes is perfect?
DEUTERONOMY 32: 3, 4

Tell about the greatness of our God! The Rock, perfect is his activity. For all his ways are justice...

RELATED POSTS
To learn more please go to other posts related to ....

GOD, PERFECTION and ...DIVINE MORALITY
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Wootah
Savant

Post #69

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #68]

Does a perfect creature need God?

Wootah
Savant

Post #70

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #68]

Do you regard a person born retarded as perfect?