Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

unknown soldier
Banned
Banned

Christianity and Hatred for People

Post #1

Post by unknown soldier »

Is there a relationship between Christianity and hatred for people? I've read that early on the critics of Christianity accused it of being hatred for humanity. Most apologists would strongly deny such a charge. They tell us that Christ taught love and that all those who would hate in his name are acting against his teachings. To begin to resolve this disagreement, let's take a look at what two "locals" have to say.
1213 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:24 pmBy what the Bible tells, God has decided to give eternal life for righteous and others will die.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but therighteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift ofGod is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

I think that is good, because if unrighteous people would live forever, they would turn the eternal life into eternal suffering for all, which I think would not be nice.

I don’t think death is evil.
EarthScienceguy wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:23 amI am sure that those that look at these societies that God destroyed and know they are doing the things that God destroyed these societies do look at these acts in fear, and dread. If they do not look at these societies that God destroyed with fear and dread then the next best thing is blame and denial...

...God knows the future. God knew the eternal destiny of all of those that He put to death before He sentenced them to eternal separation from His goodness. That is what dying without belief in Jesus or in this case God is eternal separation from the goodness of God.
When I read comments like these I tend to feel threatened and degraded. Am I such a worthless wretch that my life can be snuffed out any time at the Christian God's whim, and Christians would just shrug their shoulders saying I got what I deserved? Can my entire community be destroyed if some "guy in the sky" judges it to be disobedient to him?

In any event, I sure don't feel loved.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Christianity and Hatred for People

Post #101

Post by JehovahsWitness »

unknown soldier wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:49 pm
I don't know about that, but Christ did treat his family with contempt and in particular his mother. If there's any truth to Christ's story, it appears that Christ had a very poor relationship with his mother. I think that if he did, then that would explain his poor attitude toward women and sex.
Jesus did not treat and any members of his family with concept. The Jesus of the bible is not depicted as having a poor reltionship with his mother and there is no evidence in scripture he had a poor attitude toward women and sex.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

unknown soldier
Banned
Banned

Post #102

Difflugia wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:02 pm
unknown soldier wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:19 pmThe last thing apologists want is evidence that their cherished beliefs are untrue. When apologists demand evidence, they have no intention to ever accept it. They're just being difficult and will deny, ignore, or explain away anything you present to them that does not support their predispositions. Evidence becomes irrelevant when salvation is on the line.

Anyway, you made a good point. The apologists rarely if ever offer evidence for their beliefs. If you don't believe me, then just ask an apologist for evidence that they can prophesy or heal. All you'll get is a lot of smoke blown in your face.
Part of the problem is that most apologetics rhetoric assumes that one is justified in believing Christian dogma unless an opponent actively proves that it's untrue. This gets Christians with apologetics experience in the habit of asking for evidence supporting negative assertions without feeling the need to provide any in support of their own positive ones. The debates are often presented (or at least perceived) as defending Christianity against an attempted disproof. If an opponent cannot prove Christian dogma false, the Christian has prevailed and is justified in believing it, even absent any positive evidence supporting its truth.
What you're saying here reminds me of the apologetics of William Lane Craig. Although he does argue in favor of Christianity, in his debates he makes sure to toss in his demand for "good evidence (or arguments) that atheism is true." Of course, this demand leaves most atheists without recourse because most atheists have no arguments or evidence to disprove God. How can you disprove God when believers can change him at the drop of a hat making him a target that moves out of the way of any attempted disproof?

Very tricky, ay?

unknown soldier
Banned
Banned

Post #103

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:58 pm
I don't know about that, but Christ did treat his family with contempt and in particular his mother. If there's any truth to Christ's story, it appears that Christ had a very poor relationship with his mother. I think that if he did, then that would explain his poor attitude toward women and sex.
Jesus did not treat and any members of his family with concept. The Jesus of the bible is not depicted as having a poor reltionship with his mother and there is no evidence in scripture he had a poor attitude toward women and sex.
What can be denied without proof can be asserted without proof.

Anyway, novelist Stephen King has not missed the dim view of sex in the Gospel. In the movie Carrie which is based on King's book of the same title, Carrie's mother is a fanatical Christian whose sexuality has been crippled by her obsession with Christ. Untold millions of others have experienced similar problems in real life.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #104

unknown soldier wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:12 pm What can be denied without proof can be asserted without proof.

Why do you mention proof? Do you feel inclined to produce any?
... Christ did treat his family with contempt and in particular his mother. If there's any truth to Christ's story, it appears that Christ had a very poor relationship with his mother. I think that if he did, then that would explain his poor attitude toward women and sex.

JW

RELATED POSTS

Did Jesus act inappropriately towards women?
viewtopic.php?p=976413#p976413

But does the gospel really indicate Jesus lacked female companionship?
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=37658&p=1024704#p1024704
To learn more please go to other posts related to

SIN , "BAD JESUS", and ... WOMEN,
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

tam
Savant

Post #105

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
tam wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:38 pm Peace to you,
Hi Tam! I see you're back to make war on my views once again.
I'm pretty sure its the other way around, lol.

I am simply pointing out the error in your views (on Christ) and offering evidence as to why they are in error.

I have agreed with some of the stuff you say about Christianity; I even shared and provided evidence (in this very thread I believe) the understanding that even non-believers can enter into the Kingdom and receive the gift of eternal life.

Do you seriously want Christians to be like Christ? If they were like him, then they would hate Jews because Jews don't believe the Gospel;
Christ does not hate Jews.
I wouldn't feel too loved if I was falsely accused of murdering people, was called a fool, and was told that my father was the Devil like Christ told the Jews.
How do your personal feelings have any bearing on how Christ felt toward His own people?

Christ did not accuse anyone of something false (and the quote that JW supplied says "Jerusalem Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you..."; and you can read all about the people plotting and trying to kill Jeremiah the prophet, as well the persecution and beatings and imprisonments that he endured, and you can also read about the King killing Uriah, another prophet sent to them, at Jeremiah 26:20-23).

As for the rest, these words were said to the Jews who were trying to kill Him (which is not all Jews, obviously).

He was Himself a Jew;
Only on his mother's side of the family.
So?
His apostles (whom He loved) were Jews; most of His earliest disciples were Jews (and also Samaritans).
I wouldn't feel too loved by anybody who knowingly led me into life-threatening situations. That's the kind of love I don't need!
Again, what you feel has no bearing upon what Christ felt or even upon what the apostles and other disciples (then and now) also feel. I absolutely feel loved.

Christ loved His apostles (who were all Jews, one of them even described as the disciple Christ loved, and that disciple was a former Pharisee, loved even then) and His disciples (again, many of whom were Jews).
He even gave His life for them.
You could just as easily say that David Koresh gave his life for his followers. Both Christ and Koresh were religious leaders that not only died at the hands of the authorities but led many of their followers to die the same tragic way. Dying a violent death is not necessarily "for" anybody. In most instances it's just a violent death. I think it's a perversion of the very idea of love to say that dying for somebody means you love them. I must wonder how many men and women have died for their spouses and at the hands of their spouses because they loved their spouses.
Nope.

Christ made certain that when He was arrested and executed, that it was only Him. He did not fight His arrest and He prevented His apostles from fighting it as well... so that NO ONE ELSE would be hurt.

David Koresh did the exact opposite. Nor did David Koresh give his life for anyone. If David Koresh were doing what Christ did, he would have given himself up to arrest and made certain that none of his disciples were harmed (or caused harm).

He did not call for eye for eye upon those who had Him killed; He called for forgiveness for them. He also went FIRST to the Jews (then also Samaritans, since Samaritans are also Israel).
Tam, you know that's not true. According to the Christ myth, Christ is to destroy and damn all those who refuse to worship him.
Of course what I said is true. I'm just summarizing exactly what is written.
And I will repeat my earlier statement in this thread: Christianity is not Christ. Just because "Christianity" (the religion) does something or teaches something, this does not mean that it was inspired or taught by Christ. Some (many) listen to a religion more than (even instead of) Christ.
Why should anybody believe you were inspired or taught by Christ? I see no more evidence from you than from Christianity.
Whatever you might see or not from me has NO bearing on what I just said.

Just because one drinks alcohol does not mean that one is a drunkard. And even if one does get drunk, are you for some reason judging them for it?
In Matthew 11:19 Christ gripes of his being accused of being a drunkard.
I am not surprised that the point has been missed here.

They are like children sitting in the marketplace and calling out to one another: ‘We played the flute for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not weep.’ 33For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine, and you say, ‘He has a demon! 34The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and you say, ‘Look at this glutton and drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’

The point of course is that these people rejected the message while trying to blame the messenger, but their excuses are without merit. Their excuse to reject John the Baptist (john the baptist did not eat or drink so he must be a demon) does not hold water... because when Christ came eating and drinking, these same people used the excuse that he was eating and drinking to reject the message.

"Children in the marketplace".

You say this because Christ did not allow his mother/brothers to 'take him in hand' and stop Him from continuing to do the work that He had been sent to do? Because He did not put their request to see Him, before the needs of the people He was serving?
You have supplied nothing more than your opinion here, and you have provided no support for that opinion, and so I am just going to dismiss it.

I will comment only on your claim about the attitude that Christ had toward women and toward his mother - He has male and female disciples (both of these will reign with Him as kings and priests in His Kingdom, as His Bride); the first to witness Him at His resurrection were women; He praised (and defended) a woman who had done something beautiful for him, and rebuked the male apostle who criticized her; he ensured that his mother was cared for after his death (and resurrection/ascension); he even did as she asked at the wedding despite it not yet being his time (turning water into wine). He saved the life of the woman brought to him to be stoned for sexual immorality and He did not judge her, Himself... and He honored that same woman on other occasions as well.

I mean, there is no situation where Christ can be shown to have a poor attitude toward women.

they would preach the barbaric Mosaic Law that mandated killing insubordinate children;
You don't remember these words from Christ then:

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Or,

"Go and learn what this means: I desire mercy, not sacrifice."
Sure, Tam, much of what we are told about Christ's indoctrination of his followers is inconsistent. It appears that his story is a story of a man who thought it was more important to make a rhetorical impact on people than to get his dogma straight.
No, there is nothing inconsistent here, unknown soldier. It just does not seem to be what you want to see.

That being said, the fact that Christ preached the above words (and did not preach that anyone should kill anyone), disputes (and even refutes) your claim.

I mean, we have an example of someone whom the law of Moses said to stone, and what did Christ do? He saved her life, showed mercy, forgave her and did not condemn her. His example is the example that we (who belong to Christ) are to follow.

Or perhaps too imaginary to mention.
I'm not making anything up. Everything I post in this forum about Christian doctrine is based on my reading and studying the Bible and reading and listening to the works of Christians.
Then it is not based upon the Truth.
Christ harmed no one. He also healed the servant whom Peter harmed, and rebuked Peter for his action; Christ also rebuked His disciples when they asked Him if He wanted them to call down fire from heaven upon some people who would not welcome Him. He commanded His disciples to turn the other cheek, to pray for those who mistreat us, to bless those who curse us, to forgive those who wrong us, to be merciful, and to love even our enemies.
And as anybody who has read the New Testament knows, Christ casts most of humanity into a lake of fire.
This statement is false, but it is also besides the point (and perhaps an entirely new topic).

The words that I wrote - which you did not address - are accurate. The words that I wrote (which I bolded) show that we would do those things if we are emulating and obeying Christ:

Love our enemies; bless those who curse us; forgive those who wrong us; pray for those who mistreat us; turn the other cheek; be merciful.

“If you continue in My word, you are truly My disciples.

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

unknown soldier
Banned
Banned

Post #106

tam wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:12 pmI am simply pointing out the error in your views (on Christ) and offering evidence as to why they are in error.
Great, Tam! I need a really smart person like you to point out my dumb mistakes about Christ.
I wouldn't feel too loved if I was falsely accused of murdering people, was called a fool, and was told that my father was the Devil like Christ told the Jews.
How do your personal feelings have any bearing on how Christ felt toward His own people?
I'm generally pretty good at telling if people love me or not based on my reaction to what they say to me. So if I was a Jew living in Israel, and Christ told me my father was the Devil, then I would not believe he loved me. If I told you that your father was the Devil, would you think I love you?
Christ did not accuse anyone of something false (and the quote that JW supplied says "Jerusalem Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you..."; and you can read all about the people plotting and trying to kill Jeremiah the prophet, as well the persecution and beatings and imprisonments that he endured, and you can also read about the King killing Uriah, another prophet sent to them, at Jeremiah 26:20-23).
But not all the Jews were involved in that killing and certainly not the Pharisees. So Christ did indeed falsely accuse many of the Jews of murdering the prophets.

So thus far you've made one error about Christ. I have no errors yet.
As for the rest, these words were said to the Jews who were trying to kill Him (which is not all Jews, obviously).
I just checked the NRSV Bible, and the term "the Jews" appears sixty times in John. In every instance I've checked in John, "the Jews" refers to all Jews. So in John 5:18, for example, we read, "...the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him," which essentially is accusing all the Jews of trying to kill Christ.

So I must penalize you with one more error for a total of two. So far I have zero errors.
I wouldn't feel too loved by anybody who knowingly led me into life-threatening situations. That's the kind of love I don't need!
Again, what you feel has no bearing upon what Christ felt or even upon what the apostles and other disciples (then and now) also feel. I absolutely feel loved.
I just call them like I see them. Of course we need to use our better judgment when deciding what is or is not love. If Christ thought so little of the lives of his followers that he knowingly led them into situations in which they might get killed, then he did not love them.

I'm afraid I need to penalize you one more error for a total of three.
Christ loved His apostles (who were all Jews, one of them even described as the disciple Christ loved, and that disciple was a former Pharisee, loved even then) and His disciples (again, many of whom were Jews).
If Christ did hate Jews, then getting them killed like he did to the disciples would be a very clear expression of that hate.
Christ made certain that when He was arrested and executed, that it was only Him. He did not fight His arrest and He prevented His apostles from fighting it as well... so that NO ONE ELSE would be hurt.
Christ did appear to be suicidal deliberately getting himself killed. Contrary to what you say, however, he did get others killed too (if we can believe the Christ myth).

Four errors!
David Koresh did the exact opposite. Nor did David Koresh give his life for anyone. If David Koresh were doing what Christ did, he would have given himself up to arrest and made certain that none of his disciples were harmed (or caused harm).
Actually, Christ did cower and hide from the authorities like Koresh did.

Error five.
Tam, you know that's not true. According to the Christ myth, Christ is to destroy and damn all those who refuse to worship him.
No. You are wrong, Tam. Like I have already documented, Christ will cast all those who oppose him into a lake of fire.

Six.
Why should anybody believe you were inspired or taught by Christ? I see no more evidence from you than from Christianity.
It sure does. If you smear Christianity as teaching something that is not "from Christ," then the same can be said of you! If the same can be said of you, then what you say about Christianity is not from Christ.

How do we know that you're not talking to the Devil rather than Christ?

Anyway, seven.
I mean, there is no situation where Christ can be shown to have a poor attitude toward women.
He chose only men to be his apostles and encouraged them not to marry.

Eight.
I'm not making anything up. Everything I post in this forum about Christian doctrine is based on my reading and studying the Bible and reading and listening to the works of Christians.
If you're referring to the Bible and what Christians write and say, then yes, it often is not based on the truth.

Still eight errors.
And as anybody who has read the New Testament knows, Christ casts most of humanity into a lake of fire.
This statement is false...
It's quite true as anybody who can actually read the Bible knows.

Nine.
Then Christ's disciples must hate their families and abuse their kids.

You have not fared well. You have made nine errors about Christ in this post alone. I have no errors.

You'll need to try harder!

Let me finish by saying that I've studied Charles Manson and his followers. As you should know, Manson was influenced by the Bible and the Christ character. Like Christ, Manson recruited followers whom he expected to do what he told them to do. Manson also like Christ was an "apocalyptic prophet" expecting an imminent and violent end to the world as we know it. Manson like Christ was to rule the world upon the graves of those who opposed him. I could go on, but my most important point is that we need to be aware of the dangers of this kind of fanatical religion. Probably the key difference between Manson and Christ is that we can see Manson "up close" revealing what that kind of religious leader is really like.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #107

unknown soldier wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:13 pm
Are you suggesting that the teachings of Christ encouraged child abuse? If so, please provide a reference. If not, please explain what you are suggesting.

JW

tam
Savant

Post #108

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
unknown soldier wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:13 pm
tam wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:12 pmI am simply pointing out the error in your views (on Christ) and offering evidence as to why they are in error.
Great, Tam! I need a really smart person like you to point out my dumb mistakes about Christ.
I'm not sure what value this response adds to anything. I was responding to your accusation that I was back to 'make war on your views'.

And "smart person", "need", and "dumb mistakes" are your words, not mine.
I'm generally pretty good at telling if people love me or not based on my reaction to what they say to me. So if I was a Jew living in Israel, and Christ told me my father was the Devil, then I would not believe he loved me. If I told you that your father was the Devil, would you think I love you?
Your feelings are your own, but they have no bearing on what Christ felt.

Christ did not hate the Jews. I will repeat that a) He was a Jew, b) He came first to His own (the Jews), c) He defended the poor and downtrodden Jews from those who were mistreating them (some Jewish religious leaders); d) He forgave Jews, e) saved the lives of Jews (including their physical lives); f) healed Jews; g) fed Jews; h) asked His Father to forgive even those Jews who handed Him over to be executed.

"Forgive them Father, they know not what they do."

You must ignore all that evidence to insist that Christ hated Jews, and that if Christians were like Christ, they would also hate Jews. Again, you must ignore the evidence we have of the commands and teachings from Christ to His disciples on how they are to treat even their enemies; and we are to obey the commands of Christ if indeed we love Him and are truly His disciples.

But not all the Jews were involved in that killing and certainly not the Pharisees. So Christ did indeed falsely accuse many of the Jews of murdering the prophets.
Please show in that quote where Christ says that all Jews were involved in that killing.

I just checked the NRSV Bible, and the term "the Jews" appears sixty times in John. In every instance I've checked in John, "the Jews" refers to all Jews. So in John 5:18, for example, we read, "...the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him," which essentially is accusing all the Jews of trying to kill Christ.
See, now, what you are saying here cannot be true. It is impossible. Or have you forgotten that the apostles and first disciples were all Jews? Are you suggesting that these ones were also trying to kill Christ?

I just call them like I see them. Of course we need to use our better judgment when deciding what is or is not love. If Christ thought so little of the lives of his followers that he knowingly led them into situations in which they might get killed, then he did not love them.
This a hateful accusation. Blame the person (and people) bearing witness to the truth for being persecuted and even murdered for that reason... but don't blame the people doing the murdering and the persecuting?

My Lord loves His sheep - His words and deeds testify to that love - and I absolutely feel loved.

Christ did appear to be suicidal deliberately getting himself killed.

I believe this is a "children in the marketplace" moment.

No. You are wrong, Tam.
Once more, what I said is true. The following is what I said, just in case you have forgotten:

He did not call for eye for eye upon those who had Him killed; He called for forgiveness for them. He also went FIRST to the Jews (then also Samaritans, since Samaritans are also Israel).

It would be very easy to show that the claims I made are false. Simply provide the verse where Christ called 'eye for eye' upon those who had Him killed (though I am not sure how you would erase the verse where He asks His Father to forgive them for they know not what they do); or show that He went first to the Gentiles (or the Samaritans) before He went to the Jews.

It sure does. If you smear Christianity as teaching something that is not "from Christ," then the same can be said of you!
If the evidence is present that Christianity teaches something that is not from Christ - then regardless of what "can" be said of me (true or false) - it will still be true that Christianity teaches something that is not from Christ.

He chose only men to be his apostles and encouraged them not to marry.
That is a pretty low bar you have set for what constitutes a poor attitude toward women (and neither did He encourage His apostles not to marry, though even if He had, how does that indicate a poor attitude toward women?) You do not know why the twelve apostles were only men. They were also only Jewish, but that does not mean that Christ had a poor attitude toward Samaritans. Do you even have a single example of Him mistreating someone because they were female? I am just going to repeat what I said previously (since you appear to have ignored it), which shows that He did not have a poor attitude toward women:

I will comment only on your claim about the attitude that Christ had toward women and toward his mother - He has male and female disciples (both of these will reign with Him as kings and priests in His Kingdom, as His Bride); the first to witness Him at His resurrection were women; He praised (and defended) a woman who had done something beautiful for him, and rebuked the male apostle who criticized her; he ensured that his mother was cared for after his death (and resurrection/ascension); he even did as she asked at the wedding despite it not yet being his time (turning water into wine). He saved the life of the woman brought to him to be stoned for sexual immorality and He did not judge her, Himself... and He honored that same woman on other occasions as well.

If you're referring to the Bible and what Christians write and say, then yes, it often is not based on the truth.
I wasn't, but if you admit that your posts are not based upon the truth, then we are in agreement.

This statement is false...
It's quite true as anybody who can actually read the Bible knows.
By all means, provide some evidence for your claim that Christ casts most of humanity into a lake of fire.

That doesn't even make sense, and it ignores (again) the actual commands from Him that I wrote:

Christ harmed no one. He also healed the servant whom Peter harmed, and rebuked Peter for his action; Christ also rebuked His disciples when they asked Him if He wanted them to call down fire from heaven upon some people who would not welcome Him. He commanded His disciples to turn the other cheek, to pray for those who mistreat us, to bless those who curse us, to forgive those who wrong us, to be merciful, and to love even our enemies.

and,

The words that I wrote (which I bolded) show that we would do those things if we are emulating and obeying Christ:

Love our enemies; bless those who curse us; forgive those who wrong us; pray for those who mistreat us; turn the other cheek; be merciful.

Peace again to you all,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

unknown soldier
Banned
Banned

Post #109

tam wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:19 am...you must ignore the evidence we have of the commands and teachings from Christ to His disciples on how they are to treat even their enemies; and we are to obey the commands of Christ if indeed we love Him and are truly His disciples.
Everything you've posted I've read and I know. I've already explained to you exactly why I call it "the smile on the crocodile."
Please show in that quote where Christ says that all Jews were involved in that killing.
You've already done that for me, and I pointed it out to you!
See, now, what you are saying here cannot be true. It is impossible. Or have you forgotten that the apostles and first disciples were all Jews? Are you suggesting that these ones were also trying to kill Christ?
Tam, according to the Christ myth one of the apostles of Christ engineered Jesus' arrest and subsequent execution. His name, you should know, means "Jew." So Judas basically symbolizes the murderous Jew who killed Christ. Christ said that this "Jew" had a devil.

Of course, I know full well that in the Christ myth the apostles were Jews. It appears that if anybody forgot that detail, it was whoever wrote the Gospel of John. When people create works of fiction, they often get parts of the plot in conflict with some of the details of the story. I think that's what John did.
This a hateful accusation.
It sure is hateful. I hate it when people are duped into harmful situations like religious leaders often do. Do you love it?
Blame the person (and people) bearing witness to the truth for being persecuted and even murdered for that reason... but don't blame the people doing the murdering and the persecuting?
I suppose I can blame both parties. If I know that there are those who would kill people for doing what I convince people to do, then I share the blame if those I convince get killed. Christ knew he was endangering other Jews, so if his story is true, then he shares guilt for their execution under the Romans.
My Lord loves His sheep - His words and deeds testify to that love - and I absolutely feel loved.
That's a perversion of the very idea of love.
If the evidence is present that Christianity teaches something that is not from Christ - then regardless of what "can" be said of me (true or false) - it will still be true that Christianity teaches something that is not from Christ.
What does Christianity teach that's not from Christ?
That is a pretty low bar you have set for what constitutes a poor attitude toward women (and neither did He encourage His apostles not to marry...
That's baloney! (See Matthew 19:10-12.)

And that's enough for now. I get tired of repeating corrections.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #110

unknown soldier wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:04 pm And that's enough for now. I get tired of repeating corrections.
Your so called "corrections" seem to amount to repeating your accusations, cherry picking scripture or (in the case of the ludicrous claim Jesus hated all Jews past and present, including those he loved) scrambling for some rather inventive but ultimately comical symbolism. All this must indeed be truly exhausting!

You have accused Jesus of ...

- treating his family with contempt
- displaying a poor attitude toward women and sex.
- encouraging his disciples to abuse their children

Even the most rabid, unreasoning bible-hating, antichristian would recognise such accusations as being a gross misrepresentation of the Jesus of the bible. When asked for supporting evidence to back up your incoherent baseless accusations, you have either declined or ignored the request.

Kudos however for sticking to your guns, I (and by far the majority of people , theist or antitheist alike) might not agree with you, but one would have to go deep into the bible belt to find such passionate opinions on Jesus of Nazareth.

JW

"A man's greatness can be measured by what he leaves to grow, and whether he started others to think along fresh lines with a vigor that persisted after him. By this test Jesus stands first." - H G Wells
"As a child, I received instruction both in the Bible and in the Talmud. I am a Jew, but I am enthralled by the luminous figure of Jesus the Nazarene." -

Albert Einstein, German-born scientist