Is Salvation by faith alone?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Compassionist
Guru

Is Salvation by faith alone?

Post #1

Post by Compassionist »

Is Salvation by faith alone? http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contr ... alone.html I find Christianity to be very confusing. Could a Christian please clarify how Salvation works given all the contradicting verses about it in the Bible? Thank you ever so much.

otseng
Savant

Re: Is Salvation by faith alone?

Post #61

Post by otseng »

Compassionist wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:19 pm There are many reasons I don't see the Bible as truthful historical record e.g. http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/science/long.html and http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/number.html You are most welcome to prove that God is real and good and the Bible is true and ethical. It is my studied conclusion that the Bible is false and unethical and the Biblical God is evil (imaginary or real).
Moderator Clarification

Please note:

otseng wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:59 am The purpose of this subforum is to have a place to freely engage in debates on Christian theology with the basic assumption that the Bible can be used as a primary reference without the need to defend its authority.
If the Bible is not to be considered authoritative, please create the thread in C&A.

Moderator clarifications do not count as a strike against any posters. They serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received and/or are given at the discretion of a moderator when he or she feels a clarification of the rules is required.

Compassionist
Guru

Post #62

Post by Compassionist »

otseng wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:28 pm
Compassionist wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:19 pm There are many reasons I don't see the Bible as truthful historical record e.g. http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/science/long.html and http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/number.html You are most welcome to prove that God is real and good and the Bible is true and ethical. It is my studied conclusion that the Bible is false and unethical and the Biblical God is evil (imaginary or real).
Moderator Clarification

Please note:

otseng wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:59 am The purpose of this subforum is to have a place to freely engage in debates on Christian theology with the basic assumption that the Bible can be used as a primary reference without the need to defend its authority.
If the Bible is not to be considered authoritative, please create the thread in C&A.

Moderator clarifications do not count as a strike against any posters. They serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received and/or are given at the discretion of a moderator when he or she feels a clarification of the rules is required.
Thank you for your reply. Could you please move this thread to the C&A section?

otseng
Savant

Post #63

Post by otseng »

Compassionist wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:11 am Could you please move this thread to the C&A section?
Moderator Action

Moved to C&A.

Moderator actions indicate that a thread/post has been locked, moved, merged, or split.

The way eternal

Post #64

Post by The way eternal »

I believe those who have not reached the age of accountability before they die are saved in Jesus Christ. After that we become accountable for our actions according to our knowledge. Jesus said:
(New Testament | John 14:15)

15 ¶ If ye love me, keep my commandments.

The Bible also states:
(New Testament | Hebrews 5:9)

9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

There are also scriptures about eternal life:

(New Testament | Luke 10:25 - 28)

25 ¶ And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #65

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

Compassionist wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:40 pm Is Salvation by faith alone? http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contr ... alone.html I find Christianity to be very confusing. Could a Christian please clarify how Salvation works given all the contradicting verses about it in the Bible? Thank you ever so much.
Salvation by faith alone is derived from the false gospel of the false prophet Paul (Matthew 7:13-23), and the only true path to "life" is to keep the commandments (Matthew 19:16). Paul, nor his contemporary followers were saved, they are all dead. When his life was in danger in Jerusalem, he called on his lord, Augustus Caesar, for salvation. His salvation came in the form of cohorts of Roman soldiers. Paul was supposedly finally killed by his lord, Augustus Caesar Nero.

If you want to actually know how this contradiction occurred, read Matthew 13, whereas the "good seed", the message of Yeshua, was cast in the same field (book/NT) as the message of the devil, which is lawlessness, better known as the gospel of grace. Believe what I say, and you "surely shall not die/sleep" (Genesis 3:3-4), the same message that the serpent gave to Eve. Keep in mind both Paul and Eve died after believing the serpent/devil.