A Simple Argument Against the Christian god's existence

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Rational Atheist
Student

A Simple Argument Against the Christian god's existence

Post #1

Post by Rational Atheist »

1. If the Christian god exists, then he is all-powerful.
2. If the Christian god exists, then he wants the gospel message of Jesus spread to people throughout the world.
3. If the Christian god is all-powerful and wants the gospel spread, it follows that he would use the most efficient means to achieve this end of spreading the gospel.
4. Since the only way the gospel is spread is through human missionaries and scribes (hence why it took nearly 1500 years for Christianity to reach North America), then God is not using the most efficient means to spread the gospel.
5. Conclusion: The Christian God, as defined in premises 1 and 2, does not exist.

The only way to refute this argument is to show that premise 1 or premise 2 is false. I think that very few Christians would call premise 1 into question. Perhaps some might question premise 2, but I think that the Christian's denial of premise 2 entails nonsense when it comes to its practical implication for Christians. If premise 2 is false, it would mean that Christian missionaries who are spreading the message of the gospel around the world are working against the will of their God and, by definition, are actually sinning by telling people about Jesus. I think that very few Christians actually believe that trying to spread Christianity throughout the world is a sin, and thus, I believe premises 1 and 2 are solid, and hence the entire argument is sound. I think that this simple argument disproves the existence of the Christian God. What do you think? Is this argument persuasive to you? Do you have any critiques or suggestions as to how it could be refined? And, for Christians specifically, how would you respond to this argument?

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Re: A Simple Argument Against the Christian god's existence

Post #41

Post by theQuestion »

1. If the Christian god exists, then he is all-powerful.
2. If the Christian god exists, then he wants the gospel message of Jesus spread to people throughout the world.
3. If the Christian god is all-powerful and wants the gospel spread, it follows that he would use the most efficient means to achieve this end of spreading the gospel.
4. Since the only way the gospel is spread is through human missionaries and scribes (hence why it took nearly 1500 years for Christianity to reach North America), then God is not using the most efficient means to spread the gospel.
5. Conclusion: The Christian God, as defined in premises 1 and 2, does not exist.

Conclusion on his conclusion: God should have used Tik-Tok.....
You MUST worship with spirit & TRUTH!- Jesus

Difflugia
Prodigy

Re: A Simple Argument Against the Christian god's existence

Post #42

Post by Difflugia »

theQuestion wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:15 pmConclusion on his conclusion: God should have used Tik-Tok.....
"If you'd come today, you could have reached a whole nation. Israel in 4 BC had no mass communication." — "Superstar" from Jesus Christ Superstar