Why is sex so interesting to God?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

Why is sex so interesting to God?

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

We see 'the church' actively trying, throughout history, to control the sex lives of humanity. From saying what's right or what's wrong, to birth control, it seems like 'the church' has an interest in the sex lives of everyone, even committed couples. People even use the bible to say what's right and wrong in the context of sex.
While we can guess why 'the church' is interested in the sex lives of people, what's God's deal?
If he can see everything you do, why does sex seem to be one of his (many) hot buttons? Why does God want to control who (and in some cases, what) people have sex with?
Or does he not care and it's 'the church' that's taking up the battle?

MODS: If this better suits the RELIGION AND SEXUALITY section, feel free to move as necessary.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

brunumb
Savant

Re: Why is sex so interesting to God?

Post #81

Post by brunumb »

nobspeople wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:04 am I would hazard a guess that there is no rationale in your eyes past 'God said'. Which is fine, of course, for those that accept what they're told from the bible, watchtower, watchtower leader, editor, elder, guy on the street corner.
I, maybe in a sinful way, choose to think about what was done and avoid the ''cause God said' and 'anything God says of does is right and I have to contort reality to make it seem right to me'.
When an act like drowning an entire planet is so obviously abhorrent and immoral, one has to accept that devout believers will invent rationales in an attempt to cleanse their consciences and whitewash their God.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #82

Post by nobspeople »

brunumb wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:45 pm
nobspeople wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:04 am I would hazard a guess that there is no rationale in your eyes past 'God said'. Which is fine, of course, for those that accept what they're told from the bible, watchtower, watchtower leader, editor, elder, guy on the street corner.
I, maybe in a sinful way, choose to think about what was done and avoid the ''cause God said' and 'anything God says of does is right and I have to contort reality to make it seem right to me'.
When an act like drowning an entire planet is so obviously abhorrent and immoral, one has to accept that devout believers will invent rationales in an attempt to cleanse their consciences and whitewash their God.
I worry when people are so blinded by their need to believe in something, they loose all common sense. Belief is a powerful thing, but it shouldn't over-ride common sense and logic. And this goes for any religion, not just Christianity.

William
Savant

Post #83

Post by William »

Pretty much the way people use what they know are false tales, to blackwash any idea of a Creator/god

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #84

Post by nobspeople »

William wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:01 pm
Pretty much the way people use what they know are false tales, to blackwash any idea of a Creator/god
To what false tales are you referring? Maybe I've heard one or two of them!
Last edited by nobspeople on Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

William
Savant

Post #85

Post by William »

nobspeople wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:31 pm
To what false tales are you referring? Maybe I've heard one or tow of them!
Don't you mean "Won or Toe of them!"?

The best example is the bullet-point story of Adam and Eve. Without a doubt the story is false, yet the Creator/god is still maligned by those who have fun maligning the very thought that a Creator exists and we exist with a Creation.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #86

Post by nobspeople »

William wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:54 pm
nobspeople wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:31 pm
To what false tales are you referring? Maybe I've heard one or tow of them!
Don't you mean "Won or Toe of them!"?

The best example is the bullet-point story of Adam and Eve. Without a doubt the story is false, yet the Creator/god is still maligned by those who have fun maligning the very thought that a Creator exists and we exist with a Creation.

Thanks for the reply
I'm fairly dyslexic. Correction made :approve:
What is the correct creation story? I'm not challenging you as to what's wrong or right, just curious about your POV on it.

William
Savant

Post #87

Post by William »

[Replying to nobspeople in post #87]
Thanks for the reply
What is the correct creation story? I'm not challenging you as to what's wrong or right, just curious about your POV on it.
The easiest way to answer that is to direct you to the correct creation story, that you might quickly understand that a Creator of this Universe, does not have to be a bad bugger.

Do you want the link?

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #88

Post by nobspeople »

William wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:04 pm [Replying to nobspeople in post #87]
Thanks for the reply
The easiest way to answer that is to direct you to the correct creation story, that you might quickly understand that a Creator of this Universe, does not have to be a bad bugger.

Do you want the link?
So long as it's not a thread in a forum with multiple opinions, sure!

William
Savant

Post #89

Post by William »

nobspeople wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:12 pm
William wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:04 pm [Replying to nobspeople in post #87]
Thanks for the reply

Do you want the link?
So long as it's not a thread in a forum with multiple opinions, sure!
Decide for yourself then. The Thread is called "Sorry. It Was Me. I Did It." Here's the [Link] It contains only my opinion.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #90

Post by nobspeople »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:04 pm QUESTION Why is sex so interesting to God?

ANSWER: Because He invented it. It's normal to be intersted in one's own inventions: God created humans (who are sexuel beings), God invented sexual attraction, sexual intercourse, male and female genitilia, and God invented the orgasm.

JW
To learn more please go to other posts related to...

SEX, SIN and ...HOMOSEXUALITY

NOTE All posts I write represent my personal faith based beliefs as one of Jehovah's Witnesses

So?
Does 'inventing it' give him the right to tell others what to do with it? He invented everything that exists, as the story is told. So what?
I don't think so.
Sure, he could give guidelines, but other than that, if he invented it and gave it to humanity, he should be done with it. It's not like it's a tactile thing that can be damaged.

Does Elon Musk tell his customers "You can't drive this Model X this way, because I invented it!"
That's rather silly.