Why would God do this?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Tommy63
Student

Why would God do this?

Post #1

Post by Tommy63 »

It has been a long time since I have been on here. For 17 years I have tried my best to follow what the Bible has told me to do. I have not been perfect in my walk, but I have tried to do the best I can.

For the past 2 years now I have started to question my beliefs in my religion, and have started to lose my faith in what God can do. My whole life has been one failure after another. I have never been able to be happy due to judgement, gossip, lies, and greed being placed upon me. I was told by the bible that if you knock, it would be opened for you....ask, and you shall receive....that we are God's children....and God loves us. I have read these things, but have not seen them in my life, which has caused me to question the things I have read, and been told. Here are a few of the things that are heavy on my soul now.

1. I understand that God created the heavens and the earth, and that satan was expelled from heaven. I would have to assume that satan was kick out of heaven after God created the earth and put Adam and Eve there, for how could satan have fell to earth if it was not created yet? With that being said, If God is the most powerful, why would he allowed satan to fall to earth, a place he created, and placed man upon it to live in peace and harmony, with beauty all around? God also told Adam and Eve not to eat from the tree. If God is everywhere, all the time, why would he have allowed satan to enter the garden of Eden, and why would he allow satan to persuade Eve to eat from the tree? If he expelled satan from heaven, could He not have expelled him from earth or smite him down? Man is now punished for something God allowed to happen. Why would God do this?

2. The story of Noah talks about God flooding the earth because of sin overwhelming earth. Since God allowed satan to fall to earth, and not protect his children from this evil by destroying satan, is this not God's fault for allowing the evil to grow? Why is man to blame for a seed that God allowed to be planted on this earth? Why would God do this?

3. Man has always been a sinner since the days of Eden. I know the Bible is written by man. I know that there were debates over which books would be put in the Bible. I know that Jesus is a part of God made into man that came to earth. So if Jesus is God himself as man, then why didn't Jesus write the bible? Why would God put trust in man, who has failed short of the glory because of his vanity, greed, lies, and temptations, why would God allow man to write the Bible? Why would God do this?

2ndpillar2
Sage

Re: Why would God do this?

Post #51

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

Tcg wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:54 am
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:28 pm
Tcg wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:51 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:43 am
Apparently, according to Ezekiel 34:1-23, the "fat" "shepherds" have judgment and destruction to worry about, plus being ruled by "My servant David".
I'm not a shepherd of any kind. Beyond that, a scare tactic involving a person who died long ago doesn't worry me in the least.

As for adultery, I am thinking that if you have ever looked at a women with lust, you have already been convicted (Matthew 5:28).
Why should I consider Jesus' ramblings authoritative? As I've already stated clearly, unlike David, I am not guilty of adultery and never murdered a true war hero to cover the theft of his wife.

Scare tactics and guilt trips don't work on me. I'm not scared of events that will never happen and have nothing to feel guilty about. Now if you've got any verifiable evidence to present, that I'll consider.

Tcg
I must assume you take the Law and the prophets as true witnesses if you believe that David slept with someone's wife and let his general die in battle.
If you had paid careful attention to my posts you would have noted when I stated, "according to the story." So no, I don't take the law and prophets as a true witness.
What other evidence do you have that that occurred.
None, thus my statement, "according to the story."
If the Law and the prophets are true, then Ezekiel 34 is true, and the "fat" "shepherds" were given enough rope to hang themselves, and will be judged and destroyed. And what is a "fat" "shepherd", but someone who doesn't feed, or heal the sheep, but who eats of their fat (resources).
Nice try, but as I've already explained. I don't accept the law and the prophets as true. Given this, relying on my testimony provides no support for the claims of Ezekiel 34 or any other biblical mthology.
As for you being "scared", if you have done nothing wrong, and happy with your situation, what would you have to worry about.
As I explained quite clearly I am neither scared nor worried. This is precisely why your attempt to generate either fails completely.
When the world starts to fall apart, you can always claim that you weren't warned of what was about to happen or why.
An additional scare tactic is as useless as the original.
If you want evidence of the things to come, look at your newest progressive president, sleepy Joe. The writings is on the wall. It only takes someone who can read what is written. Not that Chief Justice Roberts won't fall because of his Epstein involvement and who is now in a situation to be black mailed, and the military might hold court on the election due to foreign involvement per the 2018 executive order, or that the Arizona Senate will get an audit, but that would be a light in a dark room, and would depend on God's love for the deplorables whose votes were switched per weighted race software.
https://www.sgtreport.com/2020/11/domin ... -response/ According to Lt General General Mcinerney, the vote was 169 million for Biden and 179 million for Trump. The military confiscated the Dominion software in Germany. https://noqreport.com/2021/01/13/lt-gen ... s-started/ The war has started, and it will play out in the middle east centered around Biden's friend, Iran (Elam), and it will affect everyone. (Zechariah 14) & (Jeremiah 49:35).
http://www.truenewshub.com/politicalite ... %20Germany.
Political based conspiracy theories don't worry me either.

Tcg
Would you be worried if you were found guilty of murder, or is there no law against murder in your world? Did you vote for Biden who signed an executive order to have you pay for abortions/murder around the world? Do you support murder of innocent children by supporting abortion? Trump's 2018 executive order was no conspiracy story. Dominion's computers in Germany were seized by the military in Germany, and that is not a conspiracy theory, much like the Russia collusion story of the progressives in the case of Trump/Russia collusion, or the Hunter Biden Russia lap top story defense. Elam, Iran's location for their nuclear activity is a historical place. Biden's support for implementation of an Iran agreement, whereas they can continue nuclear activity is historical and is being pushed by Biden. The recent decree by Israel to take out Iran if they pursue their nuclear bomb program is current and was made to your chosen sleepy creepy Biden. You can call facts "conspiracy theories", and accept "conspiracy theories" as facts, but it will not help your case. All will be judged by what they do, and not upon their false beliefs (Revelation 20:12). If you judge others according to a " story", how will you be judged? The "story" of Ezekiel 34 states that David will be king. Maybe you shouldn't make definitive statements based on stories. From the stories that I have read (Isaiah 28:20), it states that you have problem sleeping at night. Is that true?

Tcg
Savant

Post #52

Post by Tcg »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:51 am From the stories that I have read (Isaiah 28:20), it states that you have problem sleeping at night. Is that true?
I double checked and found out that it isn't true. Isaiah 28:20 doesn't mention me at all.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #53

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

Tcg wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:19 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:51 am From the stories that I have read (Isaiah 28:20), it states that you have problem sleeping at night. Is that true?
I double checked and found out that it isn't true. Isaiah 28:20 doesn't mention me at all.

Tcg
But the similarities seem uncanny. Isaiah 28:5, "for we made falsehood our refuge and we have concealed ourselves with deception". Although the description is encompassing, which seems to include the whole of the progressive world, it might be applied to individuals.

Tcg
Savant

Post #54

Post by Tcg »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:30 am
Tcg wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:19 pm

Tcg
But the similarities seem uncanny. Isaiah 28:5, "for we made falsehood our refuge and we have concealed ourselves with deception". Although the description is encompassing, which seems to include the whole of the progressive world, it might be applied to individuals.
That doesn't describe me at all. Of course if empty scare tactics fail and attempts to induce guilt with false guilt trips fail, libel may be the next attempted tactic. All this and a total absence of verifiable evidence reveals that the problem does not lie with me.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom