Why would God do this?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Tommy63
Student

Why would God do this?

Post #1

Post by Tommy63 »

It has been a long time since I have been on here. For 17 years I have tried my best to follow what the Bible has told me to do. I have not been perfect in my walk, but I have tried to do the best I can.

For the past 2 years now I have started to question my beliefs in my religion, and have started to lose my faith in what God can do. My whole life has been one failure after another. I have never been able to be happy due to judgement, gossip, lies, and greed being placed upon me. I was told by the bible that if you knock, it would be opened for you....ask, and you shall receive....that we are God's children....and God loves us. I have read these things, but have not seen them in my life, which has caused me to question the things I have read, and been told. Here are a few of the things that are heavy on my soul now.

1. I understand that God created the heavens and the earth, and that satan was expelled from heaven. I would have to assume that satan was kick out of heaven after God created the earth and put Adam and Eve there, for how could satan have fell to earth if it was not created yet? With that being said, If God is the most powerful, why would he allowed satan to fall to earth, a place he created, and placed man upon it to live in peace and harmony, with beauty all around? God also told Adam and Eve not to eat from the tree. If God is everywhere, all the time, why would he have allowed satan to enter the garden of Eden, and why would he allow satan to persuade Eve to eat from the tree? If he expelled satan from heaven, could He not have expelled him from earth or smite him down? Man is now punished for something God allowed to happen. Why would God do this?

2. The story of Noah talks about God flooding the earth because of sin overwhelming earth. Since God allowed satan to fall to earth, and not protect his children from this evil by destroying satan, is this not God's fault for allowing the evil to grow? Why is man to blame for a seed that God allowed to be planted on this earth? Why would God do this?

3. Man has always been a sinner since the days of Eden. I know the Bible is written by man. I know that there were debates over which books would be put in the Bible. I know that Jesus is a part of God made into man that came to earth. So if Jesus is God himself as man, then why didn't Jesus write the bible? Why would God put trust in man, who has failed short of the glory because of his vanity, greed, lies, and temptations, why would God allow man to write the Bible? Why would God do this?

Tcg
Savant

Re: Why would God do this?

Post #31

Post by Tcg »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:12 pm And everyone dies for their own iniquities (Jeremiah 31:30).
Well, except for David and Bathsheba's child. He died because of his father's iniquities.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

brunumb
Savant

Post #32

Post by brunumb »

Overcomer wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:23 pm You cannot sit in a room alone and get what you need to know about God. You HAVE to trust that he has used men and women through whom he has spoken -- because he has and he still does.
We have no evidence that he has ever done that. All we have are these alleged intermediaries claiming that God has spoken to them. They are a dime a dozen. You really have to wonder why God has to speak through some men and women rather than directly to everyone. Maybe it's because there is no God there and there will always be manipulative people taking advantage of those who are vulnerable to suggestion or simply gullible.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

brunumb
Savant

Post #33

Post by brunumb »

Overcomer wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:23 pm With the Lord, it's all about relationship with him and that means studying the Bible and using information from others who are filled with the Holy Spirit and hearing from him. It means being part of a church where God is at work.
It's pretty hard to have a relationship with a being that is always hiding. He allegedly communicates with you through intermediaries and you have to trust that they are somehow filled with the Holy Spirit. Of course there is no sign that they are indeed filled with any such thing. Anyone can make that claim and you have to simply trust that they are telling you the truth. Why should you? There is also absolutely no sign that God is at work anywhere, let alone in a church.
Overcomer wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:23 pm Just don't let the devil win -- because if he wins, you lose.
Another claim for which there is absolutely no evidence. It's little more than a scare tactic to entice people to join the club. Of course membership is not free and therein lies the truth behind it all.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

Savant

Post #34

Post by 1213 »

William wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:35 pm ...Adam sinned first. ...
Please tell where do you get that idea, because according to the Bible, Eve rejected God before Adam.
William wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:35 pm...
Therefore the element referred to as "sin" can also be removed from the story because without the God, The Serpent, and the fruit, "sin" becomes redundant.

In that, the human desire to want to know, [be like those who know] is not sinful. As we should all be able to appreciate, it is actually helpful...
No, wanting to know is not a sin, rejecting God is. There is a way to get knowledge without rejecting God. And even if it was people who wanted, it was God who they rejected and thus God can’t be removed from the story.

Mithrae
Prodigy

Post #35

Post by Mithrae »

brunumb wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:34 am You really have to wonder why God has to speak through some men and women rather than directly to everyone.
Indeed, especially since that's what he supposedly promised to do:
  • "I will put my laws in their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall not teach one another or say to each other, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest." ~ Hebrews 8, quoting Jeremiah 31

"As for you, the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and so you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, abide in him." ~ 1 John 2
Non-Christians assume that Yahweh isn't really putting his law in anyone's hearts and minds... which biblicists and churchgoers seem to confirm by insisting that Christians need to look in the bible for that stuff, that they need to be taught to 'know the Lord' by prophets, apostles, priests and pastors.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #36

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

[Replying to Tcg in post #32]

All men die, including David for his iniquities, and Paul and his contemporary followers for their sins. Paul's false gospel did not save them, or will it save is present followers. The child's death was just a further punishment for David, who actually repented, was judged, and did good works/good fruits (Psalms), and who will eventually rule the world (Ezekiel 37:24 & Zechariah 14:17). According to the false beliefs of many "Christians", the child was born in sin, which they call "original sin". What sin did the 40 million US unborn children do who have been aborted? Maybe they were a failed test by those involved which results in their judgments. Just maybe judgments and rewards are a part of the kingdom of heaven. Maybe one should repent and seek the kingdom of heaven, get baptized by water, plus bring fruits in keeping their repentance (Matthew 3:7-10), or risk being cut down and thrown into the fire.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #37

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

[Replying to Mithrae in post #36]

One is supposed to learn by the "Helper"/"Anointing (1 John 2:27), Spirit of God, not the teachers, etc. appointed by the false prophet Paul of the approximately 38,000 different Christian sects.

As far as a new mind, and a new heart of Jeremiah 31:31-34, well that was directed at the "house of Judah", the Jews, and the "house of Israel", the northern lost tribes/Joseph (Ephraim). The house of Israel remains scattered among the nations (Ezekiel 36:19-25), and have not been taken from the nations and given a "new heart" and a "new spirit". They remain among the nations and have not been reunited with Judah in the land God gave to Jacob, with David as their king (Ezekiel 37:15-28).

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #38

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

1213 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:47 am
William wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:35 pm ...Adam sinned first. ...
Please tell where do you get that idea, because according to the Bible, Eve rejected God before Adam.
William wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:35 pm...
Therefore the element referred to as "sin" can also be removed from the story because without the God, The Serpent, and the fruit, "sin" becomes redundant.

In that, the human desire to want to know, [be like those who know] is not sinful. As we should all be able to appreciate, it is actually helpful...
No, wanting to know is not a sin, rejecting God is. There is a way to get knowledge without rejecting God. And even if it was people who wanted, it was God who they rejected and thus God can’t be removed from the story.
Actually, Eve didn't actually reject God, she believed the serpent/devil, when the devil's message was you surely shall not die if you eat of the fruit of good and evil, and can determine good and evil separately from the commandment/commandments of God. Christian's do the same thing, and believe the serpent's servant, the wolf in sheep's clothing, the false prophet Paul, when he says you surely shall not sleep/die, and the Law (commandments of God), have been nailed to a tree. The law and the prophets are the essence of God, and to "disappear" or make them "obsolete" (Hebrew 8:13) is to reject the essence of God. The "new covenant", per Jeremiah 31:31 is to write that Law on one's heart, not to make it disappear. The beast with two horns like a lamb, Constantine with his church built on Peter and Paul, have deceived those who dwell on the earth (Revelation 13:14).

Tcg
Savant

Post #39

Post by Tcg »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:52 am [Replying to Tcg in post #32]

All men die, including David for his iniquities, and Paul and his contemporary followers for their sins.
The coward David got away with adultery and the murder of a true war hero.

The child's death was just a further punishment for David...
Yes. Just as I said. The child died because of his father's iniquity not because of his own.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Savant

Post #40

Post by 1213 »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:13 pm Actually, Eve didn't actually reject God, she believed the serpent/devil, …
Yes, she did. She had two options, either believe the one she just met, or believe Him, who had given everything to them. She rejected God by choosing the serpents path.
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:13 pm… Christian's do the same thing, and believe the serpent's servant, the wolf in sheep's clothing, the false prophet Paul, when he says you surely shall not sleep/die, and the Law (commandments of God), have been nailed to a tree. The law and the prophets are the essence of God, and to "disappear" or make them "obsolete" (Hebrew 8:13) is to reject the essence of God. The "new covenant", per Jeremiah 31:31 is to write that Law on one's heart, not to make it disappear. The beast with two horns like a lamb, Constantine with his church built on Peter and Paul, have deceived those who dwell on the earth (Revelation 13:14).
I think you have misunderstood Paul. After all, he says:

But we know that the law is good, if a man uses it lawfully,
1 Tim. 1:8