Hiding The Truth

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

Hiding The Truth

Post #1

Post by William »

There are instances where biblical writ tells us that "God" [through various mediums] hides the whole truth.

Is hiding the whole truth [about something] and thus not fully informing those who come in contact with something which not only claims to be the truth, but also claims to hide the whole truth about that particular claim of truth, a good thing to do?

nobspeople
Prodigy

Re: Hiding The Truth

Post #51

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to William in post #51]
From what I understand of the process, any hidden truth which can be shown to be hidden because one is not interested [thus hides the truth from themselves] is a truth which does not hide itself.
A 'truth' isn't alive and as such, can't do anything on its own. It requires input from 'others'. So one had to hide it or reveal it. Like Easter eggs in the garden: someone has to hide them and someone else has to find them. Outside of that, they're just eggs sittin' in a garden somewhere.
Truth which is purposefully hidden [either from or by] is pretty much a lie perpetrated by those hiding it.
Seems that way to me, as well.
In the case of Jesus and what he spoke about in public, he concealed the truth within what he said, which could be considered a lie, depending upon what his intentions were.
I'm not sure if his intentions mattered or not. Unless, he is all powerful. Otherwise, anything he chose to hide could be found out at some point no matter what his intentions were IMO.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!