Are the stars falling from heaven?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

2ndpillar2
Sage

Are the stars falling from heaven?

Post #1

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

Is the pope, the supposed holder of the keys of David, on his way of being like a peg driven into a wall giving way, and all who hang onto him, being cut off? (Isaiah 22:15-25) The cardinal who represents the Vatican in the US gave an interview whereas he told how the pope has promoted pedophile cardinals among the pedophile mafia of the Vatican , after the pope had vowed to have zero tolerance for pedophiles. He spoke of the pedophile Vatican mafia's ties with Biden, Clinton, the Democrat party etc. Apparently US cardinals are asking for the pope to resign. I think the pope will "fall", but I don't see him resigning. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +to+resign

tam
Savant

Re: Are the stars falling from heaven?

Post #31

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
2ndpillar2 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:56 pm
tam wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:33 pm Peace to you,
2ndpillar2 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:24 am
tam wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:03 pm Peace to you,
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:16 pm Return message to Tam:

As for Paul being a "disciple of Christ"/apostle, that would be according to Paul. Yeshua's message was that if I witness for myself, my witness is not true (John 5:31) Which is to say you shouldn't believe what Paul says. Was Paul a chosen "shepherd"? According to Zechariah 11, Peter, Paul, and Judas Iscariot (Matthew 27:9-10) & (Zech 11:13) were all chosen as so called shepherds (Ezekiel 34) for a particular reason. As for Peter falling away, he also told Yeshua he would feed, care and tend the sheep (John 21:15-16). The 3rd "worthless" shepherd of Zechariah 11:16-17, Peter, was said to have not have fed, cared and tended the sheep, in the same ratio as he said he would not deny Yeshua.

I do not see a reason to connect those prophecies about shepherds to Peter or Paul or even Judas.

For us (who are in Christ, who are His sheep), there is one Shepherd:

I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. John 10:16

One flock. One Shepherd.

See also Ezekiel 34:23, where God appoints ONE Shepherd.

Just because some men claim that their religion is built upon Peter (like the RCC), does not mean that Peter (or Christ) had anything to do with that.

As for the Word of God, the Scriptures, the living water, that entails the Law and the prophets, it did not entail the canon of the Roman Church, which is mostly filled by the leaven of the Pharisee.

The Word of God is Christ, the living water that flows from Him is holy spirit (the breath, blood, seed of JAH).

(As for the gospel accounts and letters written by Paul, John, James, Peter, etc, these may have been chosen by people connected to the RCC to be included in "canon", but they were not actually written by the RCC. Of course even with these the words of Christ come first, and we should be listening to Him, holding all things up to Him to see if they are true; remaining in His word.)

and in Matthew 16:23, Yeshua calls Peter, both a "stumbling block" to me, and "Satan".
No, Christ calls Satan a stumbling block to Him. Christ was not calling Peter, Satan. Christ was directly rebuking Satan (who was using Peter at that moment, to try and stumble Christ).

Peter is one of the Twelve apostles who makes up the foundation in the wall of the city (the New Jerusalem, the Bride of Christ).

The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. Rev 21:14

(Judas was replaced with Mathias, because Judas abandoned his place. Acts 1:20-26. Peter was a man, and could make mistakes as all men can, but Peter was chosen/anointed by Christ and he did not abandon his place).

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
Matthew 27:9-10 specifically quotes from Zechariah 11:11-13 with respect to Judas Iscariot.
With respect to the 30 silver coins as being the price set upon Christ, and throwing those coins to the potter, which involves Judas Iscariot... but there is still no connection to Judas Iscariot and '3 worthless shepherds'.
Zechariah 11 is about 3 shepherds chosen by the "Lord my God" to fail, and not feed, care or tend the sheep (Zechariah 11:16).
Zechariah 11:16 does not mention 3 shepherds. I also see no reason to connect that to Judas (or Peter or Paul).
As for the "one shepherd" of Ezekiel 34:23, that would be David, after "My flock is delivered" and "no longer be a prey", and the "fat shepherds" are judged and destroyed (Ez 34:16).
The One Shepherd is Christ. Because that is what Christ teaches us, and Christ is the Truth, the One to whom God told us to listen.

Personal interpretation (yours or mine or from someone else) cannot override what Christ teaches.

He is the Good Shepherd.

He said that there will be one flock with one shepherd, and He is the Shepherd who calls His sheep, and whose voice the sheep listen to and follow.
Yeshua told Peter, "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you shall bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven etc." the same message the Lord gave to Shebna, the precursor of Peter in Isaiah in 22. Peter was set up to fulfill the Law and the prophets (Matthew 5:17)
1 - Isaiah 22 is not referring to Peter. I responded to this in a previous post.

2 - Christ fulfilled the law and the prophets. Not Peter. Christ is speaking at Matthew 5:17, and He is speaking of Himself:

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

Fulfilling of the Law and the prophets, the Word of God, the Spirit of God, is Yeshua, and it has not been fulfilled at this time. The prophets and the Law have not been fulfilled.

Christ came to fulfill the law and the prophets, He said that is what He came to do, and so that is what He did.
Both Peter and Judas were chosen by Yeshua.

As were the other ten apostles.
They were both weak men, unlike John the Baptist, and Peter was tossed into a foreign country and was deposed from his office (Isaiah 22:15-20).

Isaiah 22 is not referring to Peter.

Plus, you seem to be interpreting Isaiah 22 as referring to Peter as the one who is deposed from his office, and then after that given the keys to the house of David. That does not make sense. One is deposed (Isaiah 22:15-20), then one is appointed in his place (Isaiah 22:20-21). The same person cannot be both of these people.

You're connecting scriptures all over the place that cannot be connected, when all you really need to do if you want to know the truth is to listen to CHRIST. He is the Truth, and the One to whom God said to listen.
Apparently both Peter and Judas were hung from a tree into the night, which shows they were both accursed.

A - it is being hung on a tree that is the curse, not whether it goes into the night or not.

If a man has committed a sin worthy of death, and he is executed, and you hang his body on a tree, 23you must not leave the body on the tree overnight, but you must be sure to bury him that day, because anyone who is hung on a tree is under God’s curse. Deuteronomy 21:22-23

"For it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree." Galatians 3:13

B - Christ was also hung on a tree (crucified on the pole). He suffered this so that He would cover the sins of even those who had been executed in this manner. But He was not at fault, He did nothing wrong, He was sacrificing Himself, laying down His life for others. So just because someone is 'hung on a tree' does not mean that they were guilty of what they'd been executed for.

C - Judas hung himself. Whatever happened with Peter, we do not know. But even if he had been executed in that manner (hung on a tree, crucified), it would not mean that he had done anything deserving of that execution. Because Christ did not deserve the execution He received.

Peter did nothing mentionable while alive except "shame your master's house" (Isaiah 22:18), and his heir, Eliakim, the pope, will "fall" and bring down all who hang onto him (Isaiah 22:25). This is all in lock step with the fulfilling of the prophets.
No, this is a mishmash of scriptures and interpretations being connected even when it is clear that some of these connections and interpretations contradict Christ's own words. It is also giving credit to the RCC and their claims. If the RCC is false, then why are you listening to them when they claim that the Bishop of Rome (the 'pope') is the heir of Peter? What makes you think they are not just using the name of "Peter" to give themselves a (false) appearance of authority?

(Though what would it matter of someone was an heir of Peter? Peter is not Christ. The Church does not belong to Peter or his heirs. The Church is not built upon Peter or his heirs. And the twelve apostles were equal, brothers, with Christ as their ONE Master, their ONE Teacher. Peter was not elevated above the rest of the apostles.)
Yeshua called Peter "Satan" because Satan ruled both Peter and Paul (2Cor 12:7) because they set their minds on man's interest, and not God's.
Christ did not call Peter "Satan" (as stated above). And just because Paul said that he had been given a 'thorn' in his flesh, a messenger of Satan, does not mean that Satan was ruling him, instead of just tormenting him. Didn't Satan torment Job by taking away Job's children, property and health? Does that mean Satan ruled Job?

Peace again to you,
tammy
Yeshua's words do not come first.

Unfortunately, this is true of too many people who claim to follow Christ, but who listen to others (perhaps even themselves) instead of Christ.

But His words SHOULD come first. Because HE is the Truth and the Word of God. He is also the One to whom God SAID we are to listen. He speaks the words that God has given Him:

"I have not spoken on My own, but the Father who sent Me has commanded Me what to say and how to say it. And I know that His command leads to eternal life. So I speak exactly what the Father has told Me to say.” John 12:49, 50

As for the scriptures:

You pore over the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the very words that testify about Me, 40yet you refuse to come to Me to have life.

Those people studied and searched the scriptures (as people also do today), yet they did not recognize and/or come to the very person those scriptures were pointing TO. The scriptures testify to Christ. We are to come to Him to have life. We are to listen to Christ, as God has said. As Moses also testified:

"[The LORD] your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him." Deuteronomy 18:15

Peace again to you,
tammy

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #32

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

tam wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:12 pm Peace to you,
2ndpillar2 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:56 pm
tam wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:33 pm Peace to you,
2ndpillar2 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:24 am
tam wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:03 pm Peace to you,
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:16 pm Return message to Tam:

As for Paul being a "disciple of Christ"/apostle, that would be according to Paul. Yeshua's message was that if I witness for myself, my witness is not true (John 5:31) Which is to say you shouldn't believe what Paul says. Was Paul a chosen "shepherd"? According to Zechariah 11, Peter, Paul, and Judas Iscariot (Matthew 27:9-10) & (Zech 11:13) were all chosen as so called shepherds (Ezekiel 34) for a particular reason. As for Peter falling away, he also told Yeshua he would feed, care and tend the sheep (John 21:15-16). The 3rd "worthless" shepherd of Zechariah 11:16-17, Peter, was said to have not have fed, cared and tended the sheep, in the same ratio as he said he would not deny Yeshua.

I do not see a reason to connect those prophecies about shepherds to Peter or Paul or even Judas.

For us (who are in Christ, who are His sheep), there is one Shepherd:

I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. John 10:16

One flock. One Shepherd.

See also Ezekiel 34:23, where God appoints ONE Shepherd.

Just because some men claim that their religion is built upon Peter (like the RCC), does not mean that Peter (or Christ) had anything to do with that.

As for the Word of God, the Scriptures, the living water, that entails the Law and the prophets, it did not entail the canon of the Roman Church, which is mostly filled by the leaven of the Pharisee.

The Word of God is Christ, the living water that flows from Him is holy spirit (the breath, blood, seed of JAH).

(As for the gospel accounts and letters written by Paul, John, James, Peter, etc, these may have been chosen by people connected to the RCC to be included in "canon", but they were not actually written by the RCC. Of course even with these the words of Christ come first, and we should be listening to Him, holding all things up to Him to see if they are true; remaining in His word.)

and in Matthew 16:23, Yeshua calls Peter, both a "stumbling block" to me, and "Satan".
No, Christ calls Satan a stumbling block to Him. Christ was not calling Peter, Satan. Christ was directly rebuking Satan (who was using Peter at that moment, to try and stumble Christ).

Peter is one of the Twelve apostles who makes up the foundation in the wall of the city (the New Jerusalem, the Bride of Christ).

The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. Rev 21:14

(Judas was replaced with Mathias, because Judas abandoned his place. Acts 1:20-26. Peter was a man, and could make mistakes as all men can, but Peter was chosen/anointed by Christ and he did not abandon his place).

Peace again to you,
tammy
Matthew 27:9-10 specifically quotes from Zechariah 11:11-13 with respect to Judas Iscariot.
With respect to the 30 silver coins as being the price set upon Christ, and throwing those coins to the potter, which involves Judas Iscariot... but there is still no connection to Judas Iscariot and '3 worthless shepherds'.
Zechariah 11 is about 3 shepherds chosen by the "Lord my God" to fail, and not feed, care or tend the sheep (Zechariah 11:16).
Zechariah 11:16 does not mention 3 shepherds. I also see no reason to connect that to Judas (or Peter or Paul).
As for the "one shepherd" of Ezekiel 34:23, that would be David, after "My flock is delivered" and "no longer be a prey", and the "fat shepherds" are judged and destroyed (Ez 34:16).
The One Shepherd is Christ. Because that is what Christ teaches us, and Christ is the Truth, the One to whom God told us to listen.

Personal interpretation (yours or mine or from someone else) cannot override what Christ teaches.

He is the Good Shepherd.

He said that there will be one flock with one shepherd, and He is the Shepherd who calls His sheep, and whose voice the sheep listen to and follow.
Yeshua told Peter, "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you shall bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven etc." the same message the Lord gave to Shebna, the precursor of Peter in Isaiah in 22. Peter was set up to fulfill the Law and the prophets (Matthew 5:17)
1 - Isaiah 22 is not referring to Peter. I responded to this in a previous post.

2 - Christ fulfilled the law and the prophets. Not Peter. Christ is speaking at Matthew 5:17, and He is speaking of Himself:

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

Fulfilling of the Law and the prophets, the Word of God, the Spirit of God, is Yeshua, and it has not been fulfilled at this time. The prophets and the Law have not been fulfilled.

Christ came to fulfill the law and the prophets, He said that is what He came to do, and so that is what He did.
Both Peter and Judas were chosen by Yeshua.

As were the other ten apostles.
They were both weak men, unlike John the Baptist, and Peter was tossed into a foreign country and was deposed from his office (Isaiah 22:15-20).

Isaiah 22 is not referring to Peter.

Plus, you seem to be interpreting Isaiah 22 as referring to Peter as the one who is deposed from his office, and then after that given the keys to the house of David. That does not make sense. One is deposed (Isaiah 22:15-20), then one is appointed in his place (Isaiah 22:20-21). The same person cannot be both of these people.

You're connecting scriptures all over the place that cannot be connected, when all you really need to do if you want to know the truth is to listen to CHRIST. He is the Truth, and the One to whom God said to listen.
Apparently both Peter and Judas were hung from a tree into the night, which shows they were both accursed.

A - it is being hung on a tree that is the curse, not whether it goes into the night or not.

If a man has committed a sin worthy of death, and he is executed, and you hang his body on a tree, 23you must not leave the body on the tree overnight, but you must be sure to bury him that day, because anyone who is hung on a tree is under God’s curse. Deuteronomy 21:22-23

"For it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree." Galatians 3:13

B - Christ was also hung on a tree (crucified on the pole). He suffered this so that He would cover the sins of even those who had been executed in this manner. But He was not at fault, He did nothing wrong, He was sacrificing Himself, laying down His life for others. So just because someone is 'hung on a tree' does not mean that they were guilty of what they'd been executed for.

C - Judas hung himself. Whatever happened with Peter, we do not know. But even if he had been executed in that manner (hung on a tree, crucified), it would not mean that he had done anything deserving of that execution. Because Christ did not deserve the execution He received.

Peter did nothing mentionable while alive except "shame your master's house" (Isaiah 22:18), and his heir, Eliakim, the pope, will "fall" and bring down all who hang onto him (Isaiah 22:25). This is all in lock step with the fulfilling of the prophets.
No, this is a mishmash of scriptures and interpretations being connected even when it is clear that some of these connections and interpretations contradict Christ's own words. It is also giving credit to the RCC and their claims. If the RCC is false, then why are you listening to them when they claim that the Bishop of Rome (the 'pope') is the heir of Peter? What makes you think they are not just using the name of "Peter" to give themselves a (false) appearance of authority?

(Though what would it matter of someone was an heir of Peter? Peter is not Christ. The Church does not belong to Peter or his heirs. The Church is not built upon Peter or his heirs. And the twelve apostles were equal, brothers, with Christ as their ONE Master, their ONE Teacher. Peter was not elevated above the rest of the apostles.)
Yeshua called Peter "Satan" because Satan ruled both Peter and Paul (2Cor 12:7) because they set their minds on man's interest, and not God's.
Christ did not call Peter "Satan" (as stated above). And just because Paul said that he had been given a 'thorn' in his flesh, a messenger of Satan, does not mean that Satan was ruling him, instead of just tormenting him. Didn't Satan torment Job by taking away Job's children, property and health? Does that mean Satan ruled Job?

Peace again to you,
tammy
Yeshua's words do not come first.

Unfortunately, this is true of too many people who claim to follow Christ, but who listen to others (perhaps even themselves) instead of Christ.

But His words SHOULD come first. Because HE is the Truth and the Word of God. He is also the One to whom God SAID we are to listen. He speaks the words that God has given Him:

"I have not spoken on My own, but the Father who sent Me has commanded Me what to say and how to say it. And I know that His command leads to eternal life. So I speak exactly what the Father has told Me to say.” John 12:49, 50

As for the scriptures:

You pore over the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the very words that testify about Me, 40yet you refuse to come to Me to have life.

Those people studied and searched the scriptures (as people also do today), yet they did not recognize and/or come to the very person those scriptures were pointing TO. The scriptures testify to Christ. We are to come to Him to have life. We are to listen to Christ, as God has said. As Moses also testified:

"[The LORD] your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him." Deuteronomy 18:15

peace again to you,
tammy
I would suggest that you listen to him, for he says to enter into life you must keep the commandments (Matthew 17:19). He also said, that you must heed his words, not just listen to his words, or else the winds, rains, and floods will wash your house away. The winds are blowing, the rains are falling, and the floods are in progress. (Matthew 7:26-28). The "rock"/petras/foundation stone, that the church is built on is that "flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My father who is in heaven", which is to say the spirit of Revelation, spoken through the prophets of the Law and the prophets, manifested spiritually in the son of man, and yet still to this day unfilled physically, for the physical kingdom of God is still on the horizon. (Matthew 16:17). Neither petros/Peter, or acknowledging what the demons acknowledge, that "thou are Christ, the son of the living God", is the rock. The "rock" is the Word, or as expressed in Revelation 19:13, the "Word of God", which is the Law and the prophets, not the traditions of men and false prophets. If you want to discern the "Word of God", one must throw out the words of the serpent/devil, who says along with his false prophet that, "you surely shall not die"/sleep (Genesis 3:4), when according to the Word of God, Jeremiah 31:30, you surely shall die for your transgressions. You apparently are on the wide crooked path to destruction (Matthew 7:13-15), following wolves in sheep's clothing. You have to separate the wheat from the chaff, or the tare seed from the good seed.

otseng
Savant

Post #33

Post by otseng »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:12 amYou apparently are on the wide crooked path to destruction (Matthew 7:13-15), following wolves in sheep's clothing.
Moderator Comment

This would be considered a personal attack and also the post is considered to be preaching.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

tam
Savant

Post #34

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
[Replying to 2ndpillar2 in post #33]

I would suggest that you listen to him,

I am not sure why this is your response to my post, a post where I emphasized that His words come first, that we are to listen to Him, follow Him. Unless I misunderstood you (please correct me if I misunderstood), you are the one who said that His words do not come first.
for he says to enter into life you must keep the commandments (Matthew 17:19).
These words were not spoken to me. These words were spoken to a Jewish person who was under the law covenant, in response to a question that man asked. The law covenant is the covenant that God made with Israel, mediated by Moses. Christ is the mediator of a new covenant. The law of the new covenant, the law that is from God from the beginning, is love.

“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

"But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Love God with your whole heart, soul, mind. Love your neighbor as yourself. Love your enemies. Love one another as Christ has loved us.

And of course love also covers over a multitude of sins (Proverbs 10:12; 1 Peter 4:8).

Christ also said that 'do unto others as you would have them do unto you' sums up the law and the prophets.

He also said, that you must heed his words, not just listen to his words, or else the winds, rains, and floods will wash your house away.
Yes.
The "rock"/petras/foundation stone, that the church is built on is that "flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My father who is in heaven", which is to say the spirit of Revelation, spoken through the prophets of the Law and the prophets, manifested spiritually in the son of man, and yet still to this day unfilled physically, for the physical kingdom of God is still on the horizon. (Matthew 16:17).
The Rock that the church is built upon is Christ. Who else would He build His Church upon other than Himself? The twelve apostles (including Peter) are all built upon Christ, the cornerstone.

The Church is built upon Christ (the Rock), with the faith that Peter showed in believing what the Father revealed to him.
Neither petros/Peter, or acknowledging what the demons acknowledge, that "thou are Christ, the son of the living God", is the rock.
Agreed.
The "rock" is the Word, or as expressed in Revelation 19:13, the "Word of God",

The Rock is the Word... but that Word, as expressed in Rev 19:13 as the "Word of God", is Christ.

He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.
which is the Law and the prophets, not the traditions of men and false prophets. If you want to discern the "Word of God", one must throw out the words of the serpent/devil, who says along with his false prophet that, "you surely shall not die"/sleep (Genesis 3:4), when according to the Word of God, Jeremiah 31:30, you surely shall die for your transgressions.
Jeremiah is speaking specifically against the saying that children are punished for the sins of their parents.

In those days people will no longer say,

The parents have eaten sour grapes,
and the children’s teeth are set on edge.’

Instead, everyone will die for their own sin; whoever eats sour grapes—their own teeth will be set on edge.

It is the same as the prophet Ezekiel said (Ezekiel 18):

The Word of [the Lord] came to me: 2 “What do you people mean by quoting this proverb about the land of Israel:

“‘The parents eat sour grapes,
and the children’s teeth are set on edge’?

3 “As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, you will no longer quote this proverb in Israel. 4 For everyone belongs to me, the parent as well as the child—both alike belong to me. The one who sins is the one who will die.

and from the same chapter (the whole things is on the same topic):

“But suppose this son has a son who sees all the sins his father commits, and though he sees them, he does not do such things:

“He does not eat at the mountain shrines
or look to the idols of Israel.
He does not defile his neighbor’s wife.
He does not oppress anyone
or require a pledge for a loan.
He does not commit robbery
but gives his food to the hungry
and provides clothing for the naked.
He withholds his hand from mistreating the poor
and takes no interest or profit from them.
He keeps my laws and follows my decrees.

He will not die for his father’s sin; he will surely live. 18 But his father will die for his own sin, because he practiced extortion, robbed his brother and did what was wrong among his people.

“Yet you ask, ‘Why does the son not share the guilt of his father?’ Since the son has done what is just and right and has been careful to keep all my decrees, he will surely live. 20 The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child.

And Christ has also said:

“I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in Me will live, even though he dies. And everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?”

The Adversary (the one called satan) did indeed lie when he told Adam and Eve that they would not die if they ate from the tree of knowing good and bad. And some religions have spoken falsely when they claimed Christ would return by a certain date, and that there were 'millions now living who will never die'. Because Christ did not return by that date, and most of those millions have long since died.

But it is not a lie to say that some will never die, because some who belong to Christ will be alive when He returns. He is not going to kill them, He gives them eternal life.

You apparently are on the wide crooked path to destruction (Matthew 7:13-15), following wolves in sheep's clothing.
I am following Christ. The Good Shepherd.

Peace again to you,
tammy

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #35

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

tam wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:05 pm Peace to you,
[Replying to 2ndpillar2 in post #33]

I would suggest that you listen to him,

I am not sure why this is your response to my post, a post where I emphasized that His words come first, that we are to listen to Him, follow Him. Unless I misunderstood you (please correct me if I misunderstood), you are the one who said that His words do not come first.
for he says to enter into life you must keep the commandments (Matthew 17:19).
These words were not spoken to me. These words were spoken to a Jewish person who was under the law covenant, in response to a question that man asked. The law covenant is the covenant that God made with Israel, mediated by Moses. Christ is the mediator of a new covenant. The law of the new covenant, the law that is from God from the beginning, is love.

“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

"But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Love God with your whole heart, soul, mind. Love your neighbor as yourself. Love your enemies. Love one another as Christ has loved us.

And of course love also covers over a multitude of sins (Proverbs 10:12; 1 Peter 4:8).

Christ also said that 'do unto others as you would have them do unto you' sums up the law and the prophets.

He also said, that you must heed his words, not just listen to his words, or else the winds, rains, and floods will wash your house away.
Yes.
The "rock"/petras/foundation stone, that the church is built on is that "flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My father who is in heaven", which is to say the spirit of Revelation, spoken through the prophets of the Law and the prophets, manifested spiritually in the son of man, and yet still to this day unfilled physically, for the physical kingdom of God is still on the horizon. (Matthew 16:17).
The Rock that the church is built upon is Christ. Who else would He build His Church upon other than Himself? The twelve apostles (including Peter) are all built upon Christ, the cornerstone.

The Church is built upon Christ (the Rock), with the faith that Peter showed in believing what the Father revealed to him.
Neither petros/Peter, or acknowledging what the demons acknowledge, that "thou are Christ, the son of the living God", is the rock.
Agreed.
The "rock" is the Word, or as expressed in Revelation 19:13, the "Word of God",

The Rock is the Word... but that Word, as expressed in Rev 19:13 as the "Word of God", is Christ.

He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.
which is the Law and the prophets, not the traditions of men and false prophets. If you want to discern the "Word of God", one must throw out the words of the serpent/devil, who says along with his false prophet that, "you surely shall not die"/sleep (Genesis 3:4), when according to the Word of God, Jeremiah 31:30, you surely shall die for your transgressions.
Jeremiah is speaking specifically against the saying that children are punished for the sins of their parents.

In those days people will no longer say,

The parents have eaten sour grapes,
and the children’s teeth are set on edge.’

Instead, everyone will die for their own sin; whoever eats sour grapes—their own teeth will be set on edge.

It is the same as the prophet Ezekiel said (Ezekiel 18):

The Word of [the Lord] came to me: 2 “What do you people mean by quoting this proverb about the land of Israel:

“‘The parents eat sour grapes,
and the children’s teeth are set on edge’?

3 “As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, you will no longer quote this proverb in Israel. 4 For everyone belongs to me, the parent as well as the child—both alike belong to me. The one who sins is the one who will die.

and from the same chapter (the whole things is on the same topic):

“But suppose this son has a son who sees all the sins his father commits, and though he sees them, he does not do such things:

“He does not eat at the mountain shrines
or look to the idols of Israel.
He does not defile his neighbor’s wife.
He does not oppress anyone
or require a pledge for a loan.
He does not commit robbery
but gives his food to the hungry
and provides clothing for the naked.
He withholds his hand from mistreating the poor
and takes no interest or profit from them.
He keeps my laws and follows my decrees.

He will not die for his father’s sin; he will surely live. 18 But his father will die for his own sin, because he practiced extortion, robbed his brother and did what was wrong among his people.

“Yet you ask, ‘Why does the son not share the guilt of his father?’ Since the son has done what is just and right and has been careful to keep all my decrees, he will surely live. 20 The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child.

And Christ has also said:

“I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in Me will live, even though he dies. And everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?”

The Adversary (the one called satan) did indeed lie when he told Adam and Eve that they would not die if they ate from the tree of knowing good and bad. And some religions have spoken falsely when they claimed Christ would return by a certain date, and that there were 'millions now living who will never die'. Because Christ did not return by that date, and most of those millions have long since died.

But it is not a lie to say that some will never die, because some who belong to Christ will be alive when He returns. He is not going to kill them, He gives them eternal life.

You apparently are on the wide crooked path to destruction (Matthew 7:13-15), following wolves in sheep's clothing.
I am following Christ. The Good Shepherd.

Peace again to you,
tammy
You seem to be believe the unknown writer of Hebrews 8:13. The new covenant, was announced to the house of Judah, and the house of Israel (Jeremiah 31:31), whereas the Law will be written on their hearts, and no one will have to teach his brother to know the Lord, for they will all know him. That is not the case as of today. And it didn't end death. When the millennium comes, the saints will rise from the grave, but the living saints will die at a minimum of 100 years of age (Isaiah 65:20). The house of Israel, who is apart from the house of Judah, and scattered among the nations (Ezekiel 36:17-29) will get a new heart, a new spirit, and be cleansed from their filthiness, and will live on the land given to Jacob, and be careful to observe My ordinances. In Ezekiel 37, it goes on to say that Judah and Joseph, the house of Israel, which is scattered among the nations will be reunited, and live together on the land given to Jacob. At this time, only Judah lives on the land (Zechariah 12) given to Jacob, and is not reigned over yet by king David. Zechariah 14, whereas the nations will be completely defeated after coming after Jerusalem, and the king will rule from Jerusalem. As for the approximately 38,000 Christian sects of today listening to Yeshua, they apparently do not heed his message, but apparently follow the traditions of men. The kingdom is described when all nations will keep the Feast of Booths, and worship the King in Jerusalem every year on the Feast of Booths, or suffer the rod of iron of the Word of God (Revelation 19:15) when their lands receive no rain (Zechariah 14:17). According to the testimony of Yeshua, until heaven or earth passes away, not one jot of the Law will be struck down. Unless you are living in a different universe, heaven and earth still exists (Matthew 5:18). Right now, the US president is propping up Iran, whose goal is to destroy the Jewish nation of Israel, whose center is Jerusalem. That would put the US under the radiation poisoning curse of Zechariah 14:12, were their "flesh will rot while the stand on their feet, and their eyes will rot in their sockets". As for the one Shepherd, "My servant David" of Ezekiel 34:16-25, he will only take over after I deliver my flock, and they will no longer be a prey, and I will judge between one sheep the same message given in Matthew 25:31-32. That has not happened yet. I believe the Word, and that everyone shall die (Jeremiah 31:30). Now whether they live after they die, that kind of depends if they have the mark of the beast or not (Revelation 20:4). Also there is a spiritual death, whereas you also have the walking dead. To enter into spiritual life (Matthew 19:16) one must keep the commandments. Now the rules are not as strict for the unlearned, who cannot read, and must depend on the traditions of men, fed to them by priest and ministers, the fat ones (shepherds), are those to be judged and destroyed (Ezekiel 34:16). As for the verse "believing in Me" "shall live", that kind of begs the question of who is "Me". If "Me" is the "Word of God", made flesh, then if one doesn't believe the Word of God, then of course, one probably isn't among the walking living now or will be in the future, and lives under the delusion that they are protected by a "covenant with death", which will "not stand" (Isaiah 28:18).

tam
Savant

Post #36

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
[Replying to 2ndpillar2 in post #36]

You seem to be believe the unknown writer of Hebrews 8:13.
Christ spoke Himself of the new covenant that He instituted, beginning with His apostles:

In the same way, after supper He took the cup, saying, This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is poured out for you." Luke 22:20

Though I did not reference Hebrews, the author of Hebrews simply understood this from Christ.

(and the law is written upon the hearts of those who are in that covenant)

Peace again to you,
tammy

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #37

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

tam wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:02 pm Peace to you,
[Replying to 2ndpillar2 in post #36]

You seem to be believe the unknown writer of Hebrews 8:13.
Christ spoke Himself of the new covenant that He instituted, beginning with His apostles:

In the same way, after supper He took the cup, saying, This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is poured out for you." Luke 22:20

Though I did not reference Hebrews, the author of Hebrews simply understood this from Christ.

(and the law is written upon the hearts of those who are in that covenant)

Peace again to you,
tammy
And who is Luke? Matthew's stated observation was what happened was a little different (Matthew 26:28), and the object was on "behalf of many", not directed at "you", and reflects on the original covenant (Commandments) and the blood associated with it in Exodus 24:8, and Yeshua references not drinking it (new wine) until in my Father's kingdom" (Mt 26:29). It is not until the son of man comes that the sheep are separated from the goats (fat shepherds). (Matthew 25:31-33). The new covenant was targeted to the house of Judah and the house of Israel, whereas the Law will be written on their hearts, not that it will be made "obsolete". (Jeremiah 31:31). That hasn't happened as to this day (Ezekiel 36 & 37). As for Paul and his false prophecy of "we shall not all sleep" (1 Cor 15:51), false prophets only get one false prophecy, to expose themselves (Dt 18:20-22). That would also undercut their associates and followers.