McGregor, Theories X and Y, and God.

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

McGregor, Theories X and Y, and God.

Post #1

Post by 2ndRateMind »

The American management thinker Douglas McGregor came up with this idea in 'The Human Side of Enterprise' (1960). Essentially, he distinguishes between two styles of management: Authoritarian and Participative. Authoritarian managers tend to the view that people need be driven and externally disciplined to meet organisational goals (Theory X). Participative managers tend to the view that people can be trusted to meet their goals without much in the way of supervision and meet these goals, once set, effectively and efficiently. (Theory Y)

My first question, then, is this: would you prefer a Theory X or a Theory Y manager?

My second questions are these: Which theory do you associate with God as described in a) The Old Testament, or b)The New Testament?

Best wishes, 2RM.
Non omnes qui errant pereunt
Not all who wander are lost

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: McGregor, Theories X and Y, and God.

Post #2

Post by JehovahsWitness »

GOD OF THE "OLD TESTAMENT"
PSALMS 86:15

But you, O Jehovah, are a God merciful and compassionate, Slow to anger and abundant in loyal love and faithfulness
JEREMIAH 31:3
"I have loved you with an everlasting love. That is why I have drawn you to me with loyal love
ISAIAH 49:15

Can a woman forget her nursing child or have no compassion for the son of her womb? Even if these women forget, I would never forget you
ISAIAH 43:4
For you became precious in my eyes, you were honored, and I have loved you
ZEPHANIAH 3:17

Jehovah your God is in your midst....He will become silent in his love. He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy

To learn more please go to other posts related to ....

GOD, "BAD" GOD and ...THE DIVINE PERSONALITY

GOD OF THE "NEW TESTAMENT"
JOHN 3:36

...the one who disobeys the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God remains upon him.
ACTS 12:22, 23

Then the people who were assembled began shouting: “A god’s voice, and not a man’s!” Instantly the angel of Jehovah struck him, because he did not give the glory to God, and he was eaten up with worms and died..
ROMANS 1:18

For God’s wrath is being revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men ...
EPHESIANS 5:6

Let no man deceive you with empty words, for because of such things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience.
2 THESS 1:6-9

it is righteous on God’s part to repay tribulation to those who make tribulation for you.... in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance on those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus. These very ones will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction...
REVELATION 14:10

he will also drink of the wine of the anger of God that is poured out undiluted into the cup of His wrath, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the sight of the holy angels and in the sight of the Lamb.

RELATED POSTS
Is God more killer than kind?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 54#p959154

Is God violent ?
viewtopic.php?p=978440#p978440

Is the God of the old testament angry and vengeful while the God of the new is kind and loving? [this post]
viewtopic.php?p=1033461#p1033461

Is KILLING compatible with LOVE?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 39#p952839

Should YHWH be described as a "god of war"?
viewtopic.php?p=1057285#p1057285
To learn more please go to other posts related to ....

GOD, THE DIVINE NAME and ...THE DIVINE PERSONALITY
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8