What is the worst form of discrimination?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

aapatil@cox.net

Post #1

Post by aapatil@cox.net »

Topic for debate: What is the worst form of discrimination?

Discrimination is to treat others unjustly. Discrimination frequently occurs based on age, sex, looks, greed, height, hate, jealousy, pride, religion, political affiliation, and personality. The worst and most ruthless form of discrimination is by mothers against their own unborn innocent babies through abortion, which has killed 1.5 billion, including 47% of black babies after it was legalized. Unfortunately, those who promote and support this genocide also claim to care for the poor and marginalized. If their compassion is true, how can they commit such blatant discrimination and totally disregard the most helpless and innocent babies? Their failure to recognize and protect the most helpless shows their total blindness to the Truth. To see the Truth
we must open our heart to God’s love within us. Because, then we will see the Spirit of God in every human life, and respect and honor them,

Paul of Tarsus
Banned
Banned

Re: What is the worst form of discrimination?

Post #11

Post by Paul of Tarsus »

Overcomer wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:35 pmThe Christian counts every life, born or unborn, as important because we are all made in the image of God.
Is it safe to say that you oppose the death penalty?
Our value rests in him and it means that all are equal.
We're really not all equal as Tom Brady has made obvious, but it's nice to say that we are all equal.
Worth doesn't depend on one's intelligence, for example, meaning that the person with Downs Syndrome has as much value as the person who does not.
That's another nice sentiment, but almost nobody really puts it into practice. If they did really practice it, then people with Downs Syndrome wouldn't be the second-class citizens we've made them to be.
Yet we see people abort babies with Downs Syndrome all the time because they are viewed as defective and, concomitantly, of no value.
Seeing them as having no value doesn't stop at birth, and some mothers may fear that their children with Downs Syndrome will need to live with that kind of stigma..
The question is: In what does the atheist ground human dignity? Or do they believe that not all humans have it? If not, why not? What criteria are they using to make an assessment re: the value of a human being?
I used to think atheists might respect human dignity more than Christians do, but I have been left disappointed. The answers to your questions no doubt will vary with the individual atheist.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #12

Post by Clownboat »

aapatil@cox.net wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:20 pm Topic for debate: What is the worst form of discrimination?

Discrimination is to treat others unjustly. Discrimination frequently occurs based on age, sex, looks, greed, height, hate, jealousy, pride, religion, political affiliation, and personality. The worst and most ruthless form of discrimination is by mothers against their own unborn innocent babies through abortion, which has killed 1.5 billion, including 47% of black babies after it was legalized. Unfortunately, those who promote and support this genocide also claim to care for the poor and marginalized. If their compassion is true, how can they commit such blatant discrimination and totally disregard the most helpless and innocent babies? Their failure to recognize and protect the most helpless shows their total blindness to the Truth. To see the Truth
we must open our heart to God’s love within us. Because, then we will see the Spirit of God in every human life, and respect and honor them,
You argue from emotion it seems and I personaly find your argument off base due to the fact that we do not abort babies.
ba·by
/ˈbābē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a very young child, especially one newly or recently born.

The majority of abortions in 2018 took place early in gestation: 92.2% of abortions were performed at ≤13 weeks’ gestation.
https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/ ... ortion.htm

Yet you want to paint a picture that babies are being murdered. I feel that you are too emotional about this topic to discuss it rationally. I'm not a fan of abortions, but I would much rather see an unwanted fetus smaller than a lemon removed from a women (keep in mind, this fetus is unwanted by definition) then a baby murdered.

You lose credibility when you conflait the two IMO.

The reality is, a 13 week or less fetus has less value then a born baby. Therefore it is dishonest IMO to say we abort babies, yet the dishonest is the go to (again, for an emotional appeal). We can unpack this if you would like.

If the removal of an unwanted fetus became illegal, who would take care of all these now unwanted babies? Who would fund them, care for them and love them? Certainly not a mother that has already deemed them as being undesired! How many would you care for personaly?

And the big one... would the world be a better place? How many unwanted babies is the best amount to have born to make the world the best place possible?

Could you imagine a billion unwanted babies in a year? I think humans would look at this and realize that the unwanted was and is unwated. Even as crass as that is.

As far as discrimination goes, racism boggles me the most as we are one race. The human race. (Not going to argue it being the worst as all discrimination should be viewed as bad IMO).
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #13

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to aapatil@cox.net in post #1]
The kind that discriminates against you, I suspect is the honest answer. Even if most won't admit it.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #14

Post by Purple Knight »

The one no one thinks of as discrimination. The one that "doesn't count". The group that isn't protected. The people that don't matter.

I don't think I should have to spell out that I don't mean discrimination against white people.