nobspeople
Prodigy

Why did Jesus have to be male?

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

Along the same lines of the thread here
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38174
I assume he is though some may debate it if the above thread is any indication about what words mean and what terms were used then as they are now.

But why did God (whatever gender it is or isn't) decide to make a male version of himself/son (whichever you choose to believe)?
Why couldn't Jesus have been a female? Would the sacrifice he's said to have made been any more of less successful?
Was Jesus needed to be male in order to get respect and attention? If so, could this be why God is male?
What was the reason why Jesus was and had to be male?
Or was if simply random?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Re: Why did Jesus have to be male?

Post #41

Post by Purple Knight »

Tcg wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:14 pmAmongst the Israelites, women are kept furthest from the Holy of Holies. Priests, who were all men, had the closest access. Jesus' initial mission, reportedly, was to reform Judaism. He could not possibly have done this as a woman.
It's difficult for people to admit that people in the past were sexist, if the people doing the admission are also supposed to be holding those past people in high reverence. One-way ticket to cognitive dissonance city.

I do a lot of defending the religious but I won't really come to their defence here. They can either believe that egalitarianism is wrong or the ancient Jews were wrong. Pick only one.

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Post #42

Post by The Nice Centurion »

bjs1 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:16 am [Replying to nobspeople in post #1]

Jesus did not have to be male. He had to have a sex because humans have a sex. For God to be “one of us” – for God to become fully human – he had to be one of the sexes. He could have been female. He was male.

Why? Within orthodox Christianity’s understanding of God, the Lord rarely explains why He does something. He does not appear to have a need to explain himself to us. We have, at best, unsupported conjecture as to why God chose to be male instead of female in the incarnation.
So why were all his apostles male ???
bjs1 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:16 am [Replying to nobspeople in post #1]
No matter how many times you say it, within orthodox Christianity God is still not male.
Didnt god make adam to resemble his own countenance?
Didnd Jesus call god father???
“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you drown a man in a fish pond, he will never have to go hungry again🐟

"Only Experts in Reformed Egyptian should be allowed to critique the Book of Mormon❗"

"Joseph Smith can't possibly have been a deceiver.
For if he had been, the Angel Moroni never would have taken the risk of enthrusting him with the Golden Plates❗"

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #43

Post by Athetotheist »

nobspeople wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:48 am Along the same lines of the thread here
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38174
I assume he is though some may debate it if the above thread is any indication about what words mean and what terms were used then as they are now.

But why did God (whatever gender it is or isn't) decide to make a male version of himself/son (whichever you choose to believe)?
Why couldn't Jesus have been a female? Would the sacrifice he's said to have made been any more of less successful?
Was Jesus needed to be male in order to get respect and attention? If so, could this be why God is male?
What was the reason why Jesus was and had to be male?
Or was if simply random?
Rather than "Why did Jesus have to be male?", a better question may be, "How could Jesus have been male?" It's been pointed out by some observers that if Jesus was human through his mother, he should have been female since she had no Y-chromosome to contribute to his conception.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #44

Post by Clownboat »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:32 am Adam (not Eve) stood at the door of mankind, his job was to protect his unborn children. Had he done his job, the sin that his wife committed would have affected her alone. As it is, Adam let her sin get through him to us.

It hit us like a 16-wheeler truck and we are still paying for his negligence.
I see, so because of what Adam did, all females on earth must then suffer in child birth. Something is not adding up here about who is really suffering due to this claimed act.

Shame on you Adam, I'm going punish women when they give birth! :shock:
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #45

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Clownboat wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:07 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:32 am Adam (not Eve) stood at the door of mankind, his job was to protect his unborn children. Had he done his job, the sin that his wife committed would have affected her alone. As it is, Adam let her sin get through him to us.

It hit us like a 16-wheeler truck and we are still paying for his negligence.
I see, so because of what Adam did, all females on earth must then suffer in child birth.
Pretty much. And that is not the worst of it... all suffering, all grief, all sickness, cancer, hospitializations pain and death are laid firmly at his door. Shame on the man that sells his children down the river for his own selfish désires; shame indeed!

JW

Are birth pains sexist?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 03#p801703
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 43#p801843
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Clownboat
Savant

Post #46

Post by Clownboat »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:51 pm Pretty much (and more....)
I know right! Doesn't even make sense does it?

It would be like preparing slaughter for someones children for the iniquity of their fathers.
Isaiah 14:21
King James Version
21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

Good thing the Bible god in Deuteronomy would not say what the Bible god said in Isaiah.

Deuteronomy 24:16
King James Version
16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

Isaiah Bible god: Shame on you Adam and the rest of humanity that isn't born yet. Have some cancer!
Deuteronomy Bible god: Shame on you Adam, I will not make the rest of humanity suffer. Have some cancer Adam!

'Pretty much' indeed...
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #47

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Clownboat wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:33 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:51 pm Pretty much (and more....)
I know right! Doesn't even make sense does it?

It make sense to me.
Clownboat wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:33 pm
It would be like preparing slaughter for someones children for the iniquity of their fathers.
No, not really.

Are Adams children being punished for HIS Sin?
viewtopic.php?p=381280#p381280
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

brunumb
Savant

Post #48

Post by brunumb »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:51 pm And that is not the worst of it... all suffering, all grief, all sickness, cancer, hospitializations pain and death are laid firmly at his door. Shame on the man that sells his children down the river for his own selfish désires; shame indeed!
The worst of it is that Adam could not make any of that happen himself. All those consequences could only be the product of deliberate intervention on the part of God in an act of vicious retribution for merely being disobeyed. Wow. All that in response to disobedience! Shame on a deity that acts in such a barbarian fashion to people he claims to love. And shame on those he attempt to justify his miserable actions. Shame indeed.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #49

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Cause it was a female who ate from the tree of knowledge.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Post #50

Post by The Nice Centurion »

What jews would have accepted a female leader?
AND
Did the romans even cruzify women?
“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you drown a man in a fish pond, he will never have to go hungry again🐟

"Only Experts in Reformed Egyptian should be allowed to critique the Book of Mormon❗"

"Joseph Smith can't possibly have been a deceiver.
For if he had been, the Angel Moroni never would have taken the risk of enthrusting him with the Golden Plates❗"