How many species did Christ's sacrifice cover?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

How many species did Christ's sacrifice cover?

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

Let's say there's multiple planets with living beings that have souls that God created.

Did the 'sacrifice' of Jesus on Earth cover the sins of those beings on all these other planets?
If so, how?

If not, do you think God would go through this 'sacrifice' for each, individual planet harboring these soulful beings?
If so, do you think there's be another 'son' God would provide of each of these planets? Or how would God do about doing this?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

nobspeople
Prodigy

Re: How many species did Christ's sacrifice cover?

Post #11

Post by nobspeople »

bjs1 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:14 am
nobspeople wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:14 pm This question wasn't about what affects you and what doesn't.
Thusly, there's no 'right' or 'wrong' response.
It's simply for speculation and a means of a thought exercise.
Ok. Enjoy your thought exercise. My only other comment is a reminder that how we answer hypotheticals like this don’t tell us anything about God. They tell us something about ourselves.
Which, for me, is the sole reason I'm here
:approve:

Savant

Post #12

Post by 1213 »

nobspeople wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:33 am ...Thank you for finally answering directly!
What do you specifically see, biblically, that led you to decide this?
I say it, because there is no reason why it could not be possible, all though I also think other planets don’t have life. But, there is also one scripture that could be interpreted to mean that:

I have other sheep, which are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will hear my voice. They will become one flock with one shepherd.
John 10:16

However, as you may know, I don’t like interpretations and rather let Bible to explain what it means.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #13

Post by nobspeople »

1213 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:41 pm
nobspeople wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:33 am ...Thank you for finally answering directly!
What do you specifically see, biblically, that led you to decide this?
I say it, because there is no reason why it could not be possible, all though I also think other planets don’t have life. But, there is also one scripture that could be interpreted to mean that:

I have other sheep, which are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will hear my voice. They will become one flock with one shepherd.
John 10:16

However, as you may know, I don’t like interpretations and rather let Bible to explain what it means.
To clarify: others planets may or may not have life?

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #14

Post by Purple Knight »

There's no problem with a "no he didn't" answer to this question that there isn't with just Earth. There were lots of people on Earth who either existed before Jesus or who existed after Jesus and never heard one thing about Jesus.

Eventually missionaries will get to the planet Marklar. We know this from the Holy Visual Records. And what about the Marklars that existed before the missionaries came? Well, either it sucks to be them (because they go to Hell for not knowing what they couldn't have known) or it sucks to be the ones who now have to live their lives around and adapt to a morality that is totally foreign to them.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #15

Post by nobspeople »

Purple Knight wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:56 pm There's no problem with a "no he didn't" answer to this question that there isn't with just Earth. There were lots of people on Earth who either existed before Jesus or who existed after Jesus and never heard one thing about Jesus.

Eventually missionaries will get to the planet Marklar. We know this from the Holy Visual Records. And what about the Marklars that existed before the missionaries came? Well, either it sucks to be them (because they go to Hell for not knowing what they couldn't have known) or it sucks to be the ones who now have to live their lives around and adapt to a morality that is totally foreign to them.
I was always told, via church members - some may call them elders - that everyone will 'know of God' be that from directly being told or inferences from nature.
Or some other way.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #16

Post by Purple Knight »

nobspeople wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:49 amI was always told, via church members - some may call them elders - that everyone will 'know of God' be that from directly being told or inferences from nature.
Or some other way.
Sadly I know this isn't true on a very personal level. Nature doesn't always point in the right direction (male bears kill their cubs), and my conscience actually points the wrong way, and I've had a great deal of evidence for this, so much that it cannot be ignored.

That's why, though personal revelation (which, as JW and Thomas Paine both note, is for that person alone) I know there can't possibly be a god. It extends, however, if there are others like me who have also noted that what they feel is right, is actually wrong, and/or what they feel is wrong, is actually perfectly right and good.

Seeing the level of disagreement there is about morality, I believe there must be many such people.

Now, you could say that it just so happens, no one with a busted conscience would be born unless the Truth was already on the table for them to pick up and read. But then, I ask, which truth ought I to submit to? There are many who have claims to morality and they all disagree. I have no basis to choose. Would God guide me to the truth if I flipped a coin? Well, we can test that. Get somebody else who has a busted conscience and have them flip, once for each religion. Let's see if we get the same one.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #17

Post by nobspeople »

Purple Knight wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:59 pm
nobspeople wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:49 amI was always told, via church members - some may call them elders - that everyone will 'know of God' be that from directly being told or inferences from nature.
Or some other way.
Sadly I know this isn't true on a very personal level. Nature doesn't always point in the right direction (male bears kill their cubs), and my conscience actually points the wrong way, and I've had a great deal of evidence for this, so much that it cannot be ignored.

That's why, though personal revelation (which, as JW and Thomas Paine both note, is for that person alone) I know there can't possibly be a god. It extends, however, if there are others like me who have also noted that what they feel is right, is actually wrong, and/or what they feel is wrong, is actually perfectly right and good.

Seeing the level of disagreement there is about morality, I believe there must be many such people.

Now, you could say that it just so happens, no one with a busted conscience would be born unless the Truth was already on the table for them to pick up and read. But then, I ask, which truth ought I to submit to? There are many who have claims to morality and they all disagree. I have no basis to choose. Would God guide me to the truth if I flipped a coin? Well, we can test that. Get somebody else who has a busted conscience and have them flip, once for each religion. Let's see if we get the same one.
I never believed what I was told above, personally. Not only did it make little sense, but it seemed like another cop-out: "we'll say something so ambiguous that it can't be shown to not be true so there!".
I have much more respect for people (believers or otherwise) if they're honest and straight forward with their responses on such things. If you don't know, say 'I'm not sure'. And it's OK, for me, to say 'I believe xyz' instead of 'I know xyz' when there's no way you can know.
Religious people put off more potential converts to their religion by being arrogant. I wonder if they realize this. Or care.