Is God always justified in his actions?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

Is God always justified in his actions?

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

Of course this is based on personal opinion (some of you may not like that), but is all of God's more 'negative' decisions made in the bible justified? I'm sure all Christians would say YES, while non-Christians may be mixed in their responses.

For those that say YES, God's more 'negative' actions (drowning most of the life on the planet, drowning Pharoah and his army when they crossed after Moses (God likes to drown, it seems - weird), killing of Egypt's first born, allowing Job to be tortured to prove a point when he already knew how faithful he was, etc), are you saying YES because he is God and can do no wrong (in other words, you question his motives based on your understanding but stand behind him nonetheless) or do you believe, 100%, he was right in his actions?
Can you provide reference as to why and how he was 100% justified?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Is God always justified in his actions?

Post #41

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Tcg wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:46 am You described it as holy.
No, I did not I used its colloquial title.

Tcg wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:46 am If you want to retract that claim please do.
Tcg
I made no such claim.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #42

X duplicate
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Tcg
Savant

Post #43

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:50 am
Tcg wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:46 am You described it as holy.
No, I did not I used its colloquial title.

Tcg wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:46 am If you want to retract that claim please do.
Tcg
I made no such claim.

JW
Of course you did as I have shown numerous times. It's okay if you can't support it, most religious claims from theists can't be. Irrationality it is then.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #44

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:30 am I used the term to identify the book.

Will you acknowledge in writing that I made the claim above? I ask because you have consistently ignored my statement.

Tcg
Savant

Post #45

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:56 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:30 am I used the term to identify the book.

Will you acknowledge in writing that I made the claim above? I ask because you have consistently ignored my statement.
I've addressed your claim numerous times. It is you who prefers to ignore this fact.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #46

Tcg wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:59 am

I've addressed your claim numerous times. ...

Tcg

Thank you! So you acknowleged my claim to have used the term as a title. Finally! I am confident you are not suggesting I am lying, so that settles the issue.

We got there in the end, no harm done,

JW

Tcg
Savant

Post #47

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:01 am
Tcg wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:59 am

I've addressed your claim numerous times. ...

Tcg

Thank you! So you acknowleged I used the term as a title.
No, I didn't. That is clear from every reply I've given. You could of course end this confusion you've created by stating clearly whether you think the bible is holy, as you claimed earlier, or that it is not holy. There are only two choices. Which is yours?

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #48

I've addressed your claim numerous times. You have acknowledge my claim to have used the term holy as a title.

That much is from every reply you've given

Tcg
Savant

Post #49

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:09 am I've addressed your claim numerous times
None successfully. Do you or do you not think that the bible is holy? It's not complicated. There are only two answers. Yes or no. Which do you choose?

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tcg
Savant

Post #50

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:09 am You have acknowledge my claim to have used the term holy as a title.
Please provide a link where I did so. I don't recall it.

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom