Col 3:17

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Col 3:17

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
JWs and friends:

Why would I thank God through a not God being?

Why would all my words and deeds be in the name of a not God being?

When did the Shema get dropped? If I thought Jesus was not God I would consider the NT blasphemy of the worst kind.

nb:
This is the same question as this one but in a different forum for more participation and questioning of the Bible (while staying on topic).
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=38389
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Wootah
Savant

Re: Col 3:17

Post #41

Post by Wootah »

Tcg wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:29 am
Wootah wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:24 am
brunumb wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:00 pm
Wootah wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:06 am If anything, I acknowledge my filthiness and unworthiness, and that helped me come to Christ.
Ew. I do not regard myself as filthy or unworthy and I guess that's why I don't need to come to the alleged Christ.
Agreed. That would be the problem.
It's not a problem, but rather the reason that there is no need to "come to Jesus" or whatever term may be used to describe that imaginary process. Christians invented a problem so that they can provide a solution. In reality there is no problem that needs solving.

Tcg
When a young person is failing at school due to their lack of effort, they often have a realisation and then turn their study habits. It's a highly useful imaginary process. Imagination is probably required in actuality before we get out of bed each day. Calling something an imaginary process doesn't invalidate anything other than your understanding of the power of imagination and processes and the mighty combination of both that is possible.

Humility is a very powerful process that is at the basis of any change we make.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

tam
Savant

Re: Col 3:17

Post #42

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
Wootah wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:08 am [Replying to tam in post #29]

If you can't see the point of the thread Tam I won't help you further today.
I can see the point you are trying to make with the thread (the same as the other threads where you are trying to prove the trinity), and the point that you attempted to make with 1213, but those points don't hold up when examined. See previous responses. It is kind of hard to have a discussion with you if you don't really respond to the points and questions I raised.

Peace again to you.