Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Paul of Tarsus
Banned
Banned

Christian Apologist Sexually Assaulted Several Women

Post #1

Post by Paul of Tarsus »

The late Christian apologist Ravi Zacharias (died 19 May 2020 (aged 74)), has been accused of sexual misconduct by several women including his groping them, masturbating in front of them, and propositioning them. Wikipedia quoting Christianity Today says of the apologist's alleged misconduct:
Zacharias masturbated in front of one of the women more than 50 times, according to her recollection. He told her he was burdened by the demands of the ministry, and he needed this "therapy." He also asked her to have sex with him twice, she said, and requested explicit photos of her...

"He would touch my leg, which was kind of by his hand, but then he would run his hand up to the middle of my thighs and then to the private area," one woman said. Another woman recalled Zacharias touching her lower back. It seemed friendly, almost comforting. Then he moved his hand down and inside of her pants. Several other times, he moved his hand up her side and touched her breast.
These allegations are especially revealing considering that Zacharias often blamed society's ills on unbelief.

How are other Christian apologists responding to these revelations? Frank Turek, who worked with Zacharias at times, admits that Zacharias is guilty of the allegations but that Christianity is not to blame.

Is it true that we cannot blame Christian faith for these sad events, or is Christian faith responsible in some ways?"

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: Christian Apologist Sexually Assaulted Several Women

Post #51

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Paul of Tarsus wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:26 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:01 amIn short, from his usage that which is wicked /evil is not necessarily that which is adulterous.
Sure, but Jesus still appears to be obsessed with the idea of adultery.
He's a man. Scant few of us can look us at a pretty thing and not think about how fancy it'd be to see her fancy parts.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin