Moderator: Moderators

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

New arrivals in Hades

Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 193 here:
WebersHome wrote: 1,378 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 83,790,668 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
For debate:

Please offer some means to confirm the quoted claim is true and factual.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: New arrivals in Hades

Post #11

Post by JoeyKnothead »

WebersHome wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:12 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:09 pmPlease offer some means to confirm the quoted claim is true and factual.
The numbers in the quote are not claimed to be spot-on. They are prefaced by "IF" which means they are conditional, i.e. an educated guess.
_
If grammaw had wheels, she'd be a bicycle.

The numbers ain't them the only claims going on here.

There's the claim this Hades exists.
There's the claim folks arrive in this Hades.
And the claim that a given number of folks go to Hades.

Without offering support for all of the contained claims, I propose yours is an uneducated guess based, at best, in wishful thinking, and at worst in the typical mongering in fear we've all come to expect from those who can't show they speak truth.

So we have us yet one more theist who invokes fear in an uneducated attempt to convert the, well, uneducated.

A vile, putrid attempt at 'apologetics' that does nothing to support the truth.

The liar lies, and the preacher preaches.
-Punkinhead Martin

WebersHome
Guru

Post #12

Post by WebersHome »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:21 amThere's the claim this Hades exists.
The OP of the thread that you've been quoting makes neither of those two claims. All comments are premised upon the possibility of a Hades rather than the actuality of a Hades.

Note that the last paragraph of the OP begins with "IF"

"If Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct"

JoeyKnothead wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:21 amAnd the claim that a given number of folks go to Hades.
The numbers are not claimed to be spot-on. Note that the updates are prefaced by "IF" as follows:

"If the figures in post No.1 are within reason"
_

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #13

Post by JoeyKnothead »

WebersHome wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:34 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:21 amThere's the claim this Hades exists.
The OP of the thread that you've been quoting makes neither of those two claims. All comments are premised upon the possibility of a Hades rather than the actuality of a Hades.
Note that the last paragraph of the OP begins with "IF"

"If Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct"

JoeyKnothead wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:21 amAnd the claim that a given number of folks go to Hades.
The numbers are not claimed to be spot-on. Note that the updates are prefaced by "IF" as follows:

"If the figures in post No.1 are within reason"
_
So we see the claims are nothing more'n wishful thinking.
-Punkinhead Martin

WebersHome
Guru

Post #14

Post by WebersHome »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:58 pm So we see the claims are nothing more'n wishful thinking.
The numbers and the comments are neither claims nor wishful thinking, rather, they're speculation and conjecture.

» Personally I do not approve of eternal suffering and haven't a clue how God manages to justify it. In my thinking eternal suffering is too extreme, too over the top; even for psychopaths the likes of the Bolsheviks, Joseph Stalin, Mao Tse-tung, Pol Pot, Saddam Hussein, Idi Amin, Robert Mugabe, and Kim Jong-Un.

A judicious amount of temporary suffering and humiliation followed by annihilation, okay; but eternal, perpetual suffering? No.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #15

Post by WebersHome »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:21 amSo we have us yet one more theist who invokes fear in an uneducated attempt to convert the, well, uneducated.
For some of us, fear is the only incentive that works.

A fascinating spider lives in the soils of San Diego called the Trap-door. It's about a fourth the size of a Tarantula, but far more aggressive. It's skin is smooth and shiny black like patent leather; and it's legs are stocky and stout. Mr.Trap-door looks for all the world like a spider that works out with weights.

The Trap-door's home is a burrow sealed with a hatch cover that fits the burrow's mouth so well, and blends so perfectly with the soil that it's just about impossible to see unless you know specifically what to look for. The spider lurks just under the hatch and can spring out and catch unsuspecting insects in the blink of an eye.

I know, because I once lightly brushed a small twig by one's burrow to see if I could make it come out and was startled wide-eyed and off-balance by the spider's incredibly instant appearance, and by its speed and power. It struck my twig like a professional football tackle. The impact produced an audible click, and I felt it through the twig I held in my hand. If my twig had been insect, it would died a terrible death that very instant.

That tough-skinned arachnid reminds me a lot of the strength and determination of Death. It oftentimes catches unsuspecting folk totally unprepared for its arrival. For example the World Trade Center disaster. Nobody came into work that day expecting it to be their last on Earth before lunch break; and then BOOM! Game over, in an instant.

I was a civilian employee with the US Army Corps of Engineers at the time. Some of the guys from the machine shop volunteered for TDY in New York to assist in any way they could. Upon return, one of the guys mentioned his curiosity that so many expensive cars in a nearby parking lot were allowed to get so covered with dirt and grime until he realized that those cars were left parked there by folks entombed under tons of rubble when the Twin Towers collapsed.

In many situations there is no time for people to "say your prayers" because their breath is gone too suddenly to speak.

Sudden death and freak incidents can happen to anybody in the form of a stray bullet from a drive-by, an act of nature, gas explosion, choking on a piece of meat, electrocution, a drunk driver, a fall in the bath tub; bricks dropped from an overpass, or any number of out-of-the-blue surprises; for example the sudden collapse of the Champlain Towers South in Florida last week; killing thus far 12 people and with 149 people still unaccounted for.

People need to start thinking about the afterlife now, while they have the chance; rather than risk being caught off guard by sudden death where there will be no time to think; and they find themselves suddenly thrust into the afterlife a lot sooner than they ever expected when a car accident, train wreck, plane crash, crime, heart attack, or stroke puts an abrupt end to every plan they ever made.

A Danger Foreseen;
Is Half-Avoided.

Cheyenne Proverb
_

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #16

Post by JoeyKnothead »

WebersHome wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:51 am
JoeyKnothead wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:21 amSo we have us yet one more theist who invokes fear in an uneducated attempt to convert the, well, uneducated.
For some of us, fear is the only incentive that works.

And for others speaking truth is the most powerful motivator.

As the Christian resorts to "ifs and buts", incapable of showing they speak truth.

A Danger Foreseen;
Is Half-Avoided.

Cheyenne Proverb
_
Only don't it beat all, making up imaginary evils is the only thing so many Christians can do.

Face it, you're incaple of showing your god exists, and you're incapable of showing he has him an opinion on evil.

So you fuss up through your own mind, and claim the evils you fret are the same ones a god you can't ahow exists frets him about.
-Punkinhead Martin

WebersHome
Guru

Post #17

Post by WebersHome »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:36 amyou're incaple of showing your god exists
There is a significant difference between an atheist and an agnostic. The former resolutely refuses to accept the existence of a supreme being, whereas the agnostic at least agrees to the possibility of one out there.

I'm very tolerant of agnostics because those I've encountered are typically critical thinkers, i.e. they're objective, viz: they neither deny nor affirm the existence of a supreme being.

Their position is based upon what they consider to be a lack of sufficient empirical evidence to prove one way or the other. In other words; they aren't unreasonable, they're simply not convinced; and I have to respect that because the Christian faith is not supposed to be where fools rush in; no, it's a conviction, i.e. full personal confidence.
_

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #18

Post by JoeyKnothead »

WebersHome wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:11 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:36 amyou're incaple of showing your god exists
There is a significant difference between an atheist and an agnostic. The former resolutely refuses to accept the existence of a supreme being, whereas the agnostic at least agrees to the possibility of one out there.

To be clear, I'm an atheist regarding your ability to show you speak truth regarding your challenged claims.

Fuss all you want about atheists, and agnostics, the bottom line here is your profound inability to show you speak truth.

I'm very tolerant of agnostics because those I've encountered are typically critical thinkers, i.e. they're objective, viz: they neither deny nor affirm the existence of a supreme being.

You ain't you tolerant of anyone you'd click you your ticker as they cross em them gates of Hades, without you didn't put em back on the bus.

And I ain't tolerant of me nobody who'd peddle fear in the complete and entire absence of the truth.

Their position is based upon what they consider to be a lack of sufficient empirical evidence to prove one way or the other. In other words; they aren't unreasonable, they're simply not convinced; and I have to respect that because the Christian faith is not supposed to be where fools rush in; no, it's a conviction, i.e. full personal confidence.
_
It's my position that within this thread, you've been you an abject failure at showing your claims are truth.

You've done nothing but provide ifs and buts to support your wretched, fear mongering claims. You've built you a putrid pile of dreams, ahoping them you hate would suffer em an eternity of misery. That pile emits it the steam from the excrement of unsupported, wishful thinking. It rots in its stench. Devoid of compassion, devoid of truth. It seeps, nastily, down the sidewalks of hatred. It sticks it to the bottoms of em them their shoes, those who seek a better, more compassionate way.

While not realizing it's your ideas, your notions - unsupported as they are - that spreads this misery across humanity. Your ideas are a fumble in the game of progress. They're ancient, outmoded, bereft of the data we have before us today. They're disgusting and vile, a vomit coating our love for one another with a hatred and shame only the religious can think em up.

You've shown that hatred of others can be codified in religious belief. You've shown your hatred of others in your hopes and desires they'd end em them up in a 'Hades' you've failed to show exists.You've exposed your religious based bigotry, every time you post in defense of claims you have time and again failed to support.

You've shown your god hates him everyone it is you do. Well I hate your god. I hate any god that'd dare condemn my fellow humans - even the worstn's. That's for us humans to fret.

I poke my... my... my finger in the eye of any and every god that'd try to condemn any of us.

You've aligned you your argument with the forces of hate, of lack of understanding, of fear, and violence.

You've aligned your argument with Satan.
-Punkinhead Martin