Moderator: Moderators

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Wootah can prove Hell (exists?)

Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 29 here:
Wootah wrote: We can prove hell anytime you want to. You go ahead and make the thread.
For debate:

Please offer some means to confirm Hell exists.

Bonus points for offering means to confirm folks (or their spirits) go there .

I remind folks, the bible is not considered authoritative in this section of the site.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

WebersHome
Guru

Re: Wootah can prove Hell (exists?)

Post #111

Post by WebersHome »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:39 amI also understand you've been carrying on about a god you've yet to show exists.
The Bible is about as useful for proving the existence of Jehovah as the Koran for proving the existence of Allah, and/or Hindu literature for proving the existence of Lord Vishnu.

Those holy books all contain proprietary information rather than universally verified facts. In other words: they're useful for catechizing people who believe in them but nigh unto useless as academic text books for people who don't.

For example according to Matt 10:28, the body and the soul are perishable; and though the body is perishable by any means, the soul is perishable only by divine means; i.e. the deaths of body and soul aren't necessarily simultaneous, viz: the soul lives on until such a time as God decides to give it either a thumb up or a thumb down.

Now, death is a verified fact; however the existence of soul and the existence of God are unverified, i.e. they're assumed true by believers rather than proven true. Were the existence of soul and the existence of God to be scientifically proven true beyond even a hint of sensible doubt; news of the discovery would make headlines all 'round the world, even on FaceBook and Twitter, and in China and North Korea.
_

Savant

Post #112

Post by 1213 »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:44 pm
1213 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:51 am
JoeyKnothead wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:27 pm ...
There's a rich literary tradition of folks creating imaginary places in order to support their stories.
Please give one example of such story that is intended to be taken as a true story and not fiction?
The bible comes to mind.
Please offer some means to confirm that someone imagined places for the Bible story.
JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:44 pmCan anyone here provide the GPS coordinates to the biblical Eden?
I think I know where it is, but I think it is better if people don’t generally know it.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #113

Post by JoeyKnothead »

1213 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:33 am
There's a rich literary tradition of folks creating imaginary places in order to support their stories.
Please give one example of such story that is intended to be taken as a true story and not fiction?
The bible comes to mind.
Please offer some means to confirm that someone imagined places for the Bible story.
I offer the claim as a resonable and logical conclusion based on various assertions of supernatural occurances, set in various loci, none of which can be showm to be factual.
JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:44 pmCan anyone here provide the GPS coordinates to the biblical Eden?
I think I know where it is, but I think it is better if people don’t generally know it.
"I do too have a girlfriend, it's just she goes her to a different high school."
-Punkinhead Martin

Wootah
Savant

Post #114

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to WebersHome in post #112]

Verify death, please?

The sun always rises does not mean that the sun will always rise.

I just googled for this story of the two babies in the womb: https://matthewwarner.me/story-of-two-babies
In a mother’s womb were two babies.

One asked the other: “Do you believe in life after delivery?”

The other replies, “Why, of course. There has to be something after delivery. Maybe we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will be later.”

“Nonsense,” says the other. “There is no life after delivery. What would that life be?”

“I don’t know, but there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths.”

The other says, “This is absurd! Walking is impossible. And eat with our mouths? Ridiculous. The umbilical cord supplies nutrition. Life after delivery is to be excluded. The umbilical cord is too short.”

“I think there is something and maybe it’s different than it is here.”

The other replies, “No one has ever come back from there. Delivery is the end of life, and in the after-delivery it is nothing but darkness and anxiety and it takes us nowhere.”

“Well, I don’t know,” says the other, “but certainly we will see mother and she will take care of us.”

“Mother?!” You believe in mother? Where is she now?”

“She is all around us. It is in her that we live. Without her there would not be this world.”

“I don’t see her, so it’s only logical that she doesn’t exist.”

To which the other replied, “sometimes when you’re silent you can hear her, you can sense her. I believe there is a reality after delivery and we’re here to prepare ourselves for that reality.”
In summary two babies are arguing there is no life outside the womb, when we know that is ridiculous.

Please admit you don't know what happens after death.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

brunumb
Savant

Post #115

Post by brunumb »

Wootah wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:21 pm In summary two babies are arguing there is no life outside the womb, when we know that is ridiculous.

Your example achieves nothing. Life existing outside of the womb has absolutely no bearing on there being life after death.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

Savant

Post #116

Post by 1213 »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:45 am
The bible comes to mind.
I offer the claim as a resonable and logical conclusion based on various assertions of supernatural occurances, set in various loci, none of which can be showm to be factual....
Sorry, I think that is not reasonable logic, because nothing of history can be shown to be factual. If we can’t see now something, it does not mean it didn’t exist at some point.

Tcg
Savant

Post #117

Post by Tcg »

Wootah wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:21 pm [Replying to WebersHome in post #112]
This would be a very good suggestion for anyone claiming they can prove hell exists.

It is rather odd for this to be directed to one who has stated this:
WebersHome wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:46 am
After 90+ postings nobody yet has managed to prove conclusively, empirically, and/or scientifically, beyond a shadow of sensible doubt, that there's even an afterlife let alone an afterlife place where people are dying of thirst and roasting in fire.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #118

Post by JoeyKnothead »

1213 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:54 am
JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:45 am
The bible comes to mind.
I offer the claim as a reasonable and logical conclusion based on various assertions of supernatural occurances, set in various loci, none of which can be showm to be factual....
Sorry, I think that is not reasonable logic, because nothing of history can be shown to be factual. If we can’t see now something, it does not mean it didn’t exist at some point.
Do you deny that tales exist? Do you deny the bible exists? What exactly do you find so illogical in saying tales get told and some of em are fiction?

Your assertion, "Nothing of history can be shown to be factual" lends credence to my claim that folks make up stories.

Then you declare "If we can't now see something, that doesn't mean it didn't exist".

But you snipped out the part where you declared you think you know where Hell is, only so conveniently, implied it wouldn't be good to actually show you speak trurh.

This, this is what we get for seeking the truth from some Christians - denial of fact "stories are told", built on claims of knowledge "I think I know where Hell is", and the classic "but I won't tell".

1213, please do let us know when you find Hell. Some of us are atrying to get there, but we's just lost as a cow at a square dance. Hahahahahahahaha

That'n just kills me. In a thread about the existence of Hell, someone comes along and says they think they migt know where it is - implying Hell exists - only to refuse to point it out on a map.

:yawn:
-Punkinhead Martin

Wootah
Savant

Post #119

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to Tcg in post #118]

Which part of my posts didn't prove hell exists now?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Tcg
Savant

Post #120

Post by Tcg »

Wootah wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:48 am [Replying to Tcg in post #118]

Which part of my posts didn't prove hell exists now?
Which part of my post causes you to think that the phrase, "after death", addresses the present?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom