Moderator: Moderators

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Wootah can prove Hell (exists?)

Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 29 here:
Wootah wrote: We can prove hell anytime you want to. You go ahead and make the thread.
For debate:

Please offer some means to confirm Hell exists.

Bonus points for offering means to confirm folks (or their spirits) go there .

I remind folks, the bible is not considered authoritative in this section of the site.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: Wootah can prove Hell (exists?)

Post #141

Post by JoeyKnothead »

1213 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:55 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:10 pm ...
And you, 1213, with your knowing the location of the biblical Eden, cause ya know, that's where your girlfriend goes to high school....
Funny thing is that you sound very much like any other preacher man that loves his own stories and has no problem to make baseless claims.
By all means, please point out claims I've made you'd like to challenge. I'll support, retract, or find someone else to blame :tongue:
But, I think it would be good to notice, I don’t expect you to believe and when I speak about Eden, my point is not to make you to believe it exists.
Yet you felt the need, in debate, to imply ya know where it is. I call shenanigans.
It is no problem for me, if you don’t believe it. For me, it is enough if people understand things correctly.
What I understand is that you implied ya know where Eden is, only don't it beat all, ya just can't bring yourself to show us all where it is.

I'm all for folks who try to explain their beliefs, I preciate em for it. I just think it's playing tricks when ya imply ya know the location of Eden, but dangitall, ya just don't think it's worth the bother to let us all in on your little secret.
-Punkinhead Martin

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #142

Post by nobspeople »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:17 pm
1213 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:55 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:10 pm ...
And you, 1213, with your knowing the location of the biblical Eden, cause ya know, that's where your girlfriend goes to high school....
Funny thing is that you sound very much like any other preacher man that loves his own stories and has no problem to make baseless claims.
By all means, please point out claims I've made you'd like to challenge. I'll support, retract, or find someone else to blame :tongue:
But, I think it would be good to notice, I don’t expect you to believe and when I speak about Eden, my point is not to make you to believe it exists.
Yet you felt the need, in debate, to imply ya know where it is. I call shenanigans.
It is no problem for me, if you don’t believe it. For me, it is enough if people understand things correctly.
What I understand is that you implied ya know where Eden is, only don't it beat all, ya just can't bring yourself to show us all where it is.

I'm all for folks who try to explain their beliefs, I preciate em for it. I just think it's playing tricks when ya imply ya know the location of Eden, but dangitall, ya just don't think it's worth the bother to let us all in on your little secret.
Over a dozen pages - has anyone shown where it is yet? :?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #143

Post by JoeyKnothead »

nobspeople wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:39 am Over a dozen pages - has anyone shown where it is yet? :?
Given Wootah's take on it, and the arguments before us, I can only conclude Hell is the act of trying just to define it.
-Punkinhead Martin

Wootah
Savant

Post #144

Post by Wootah »

I'll try again in a new thread.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #145

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Wootah wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:12 pm I'll try again in a new thread.
So, when you said such as if I'd just put me up the OP, you'd hop on in there and set to it, you was just funning around?

You was just hoping you wouldn't be called to actually support the claim?

I mean, I get it, some to many Christians confuse showing they speak truth with being able to thumb through the bible, and pluck em them a finger down on em on a page.

I gotta wonder why it takes two whole different and separate from em them one from em them the other'n one of em threads to show Hell exists.

But okay, if Hell's it a pair of shoes, and we're tasked with the showing both them shoes exist, well there we go...

Show us the one ruby slipper in this thread, and the other ruby slipper in the next'n.

So, for all y'all scoring along at home, that'll be Hell's the trying to define it, and needing two different threads just to do it. And how ruby are your slippers.

And, if current trends hold, somewhere here in about thread two hundred and someodd more, and a dozen and a half more of something it takes a dozen and a half to do it, Joey's gonna have him egg all on his face for ever having doubted good ol Wootah there.

I think I'm set to become a Christian, if just so I don't hafta deal with all this pesky "truth" business!
-Punkinhead Martin

WebersHome
Guru

Post #146

Post by WebersHome »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:17 amI think I'm set to become a Christian, if just so I don't hafta deal with all this pesky "truth" business!

Truth is apparently debatable because the Christians are unable to agree amongst themselves exactly what it is.
_

Wootah
Savant

Post #147

Post by Wootah »

OK here is my summary position. Please refer to here and not earlier posts.

Hell is the torment and anguish of knowing what you have lost. All of us are in hell now. It gets worse the more conscious of the reality of the understanding of what you have lost deepens.

The hell of the Bible is simply the extrapolation of the everyday knowable experience of this over eternity.

I am proving hell exists now and we extrapolate the biblical understand from there. But the extrapolation makes sense from what we know. Just like a rocket to the moon that is off by a degree after 200,000 miles it misses by a lot. So too in hell and heaven we will see the true nature of humans. but if we observe now we can get a taste of hell and heaven.

Example from my life of hell: When I think about it, being young and fit was something I loved, and something I now mourn over losing, when I go to the local park where I played sport I feel anguish about the fact that I played my last game 20 years ago and never even knew it was my last game. I thought I'll play next season and it just never happened. Hell is knowing what good and what love we have lost. The park is at best bittersweet for me. It is only my own cognitive dissonance that makes it bearable. But there are many people that cannot return to places of their childhood because of what they have come to represent. That isn't some make-believe place I am describing (I'm talking about hell, not the park). It is deeply painful for many people who are far more in touch with their experiences, even if they don't understand and call it hell.

You can use my example to discover the hell of your own life. Maybe someone died that you loved and you mourn their loss.

When we die and face reality (which is a definition of death worth considering) many will understand they are in hell because they will know God is love and then definitionally those in hell will be most acutely aware of what they lost, everything good.

Most people exist in the state of hell now. Just like we exist in the state of happiness, sadness and the continuum.

We send people to hell all the time when we say: Go to hell. We mean it on some level. We want them gone to a state of punishment. Thank God, God isn't one of us.

When you die and you deny Jesus as Lord you are telling God to go to hell and you are choosing to live eternity without God. Because God is a respecter of persons, He will depart you and you will be in hell because God is love and good and that will not be in the place you now are and this time you will know and understand what you have lost.

The reason you will know it is that the full majesty of God is undeniably known to you and you will know what you have lost. 'The Good' will have departed from you because you didn't want it, you will know it exists and cannot get it. You will be in hell.

Any questions?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Tcg
Savant

Post #148

Post by Tcg »

Wootah wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:36 pm Hell is the torment and anguish of knowing what you have lost. All of us are in hell now.
I'm not. Loss is simply one aspect of life. No need to let it torment or cause anguish. Of course if one refuses to accept this reality it may cause one displeasure if they were under the mistaken impression they'd remain fit athletes forever or never age.

So no, the reality of loss is not hell. We grow, we age, we die. That's life. Enjoy it while you got it!

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #149

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Wootah wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:36 pm OK here is my summary position. Please refer to here and not earlier posts.
I think it's fair that folks consider your earlier posts, that they might understand an evolving definition, or evolving understanding.
Wootah wrote: Hell is the torment and anguish of knowing what you have lost.
I lost a dollar and half to a slot machine one time. I felt then, and feel now, not the least bit of torment or anguish.

What about all them socks we lose, is that Hell inducing?
Wootah wrote: All of us are in hell now.
Ya done gone and got married, didn't ya?
Wootah wrote: It gets worse the more conscious of the reality of the understanding of what you have lost deepens.
Trust me, I ain't afretting them socks, nor that dollar and a half.
Wootah wrote: The hell of the Bible is simply the extrapolation of the everyday knowable experience of this over eternity.
I remind everybody the bible is not considered authoritative in this section of the site.
Wootah wrote: I am proving hell exists now and we extrapolate the biblical understand from there.
I propose all you're doing is laying bare your own life's disappointments.
Wootah wrote: But the extrapolation makes sense from what we know.
And what is it we "know" that proves Hell exists, other'n your personal torments and anghishi?
Wootah wrote: Just like a rocket to the moon that is off by a degree after 200,000 miles it misses by a lot.
Is Hell on the moon?
Wootah wrote: So too in hell and heaven we will see the true nature of humans....
What is that "true nature"?
Wootah wrote: ...but if we observe now we can get a taste of hell and heaven.
Does Heaven taste like ice cream, and Hell taste like them little round green peas the pretty thing makes me eat?
Wootah wrote: Example from my life of hell: When I think about it, being young and fit was something I loved, and something I now mourn over losing, when I go to the local park where I played sport I feel anguish about the fact that I played my last game 20 years ago and never even knew it was my last game. I thought I'll play next season and it just never happened.
So Heaven is at the park, and Hell is everywhere else?
Wootah wrote: Hell is knowing what good and what love we have lost.
I thought you said it was the taste of them nasty green peas?
The park is at best bittersweet for me.
So parks taste like cooking chocolate?
Wootah wrote: It is only my own cognitive dissonance that makes it bearable.
I do, indeed, believe you've got you a severe case of the cognitive dissonances.
Wootah wrote: But there are many people that cannot return to places of their childhood because of what they have come to represent. That isn't some make-believe place I am describing (I'm talking about hell, not the park).
Well heck, if you'da just said Hell was make believe at the start, we coulda dismissed with all this.
Wootah wrote: It is deeply painful for many people who are far more in touch with their experiences, even if they don't understand and call it hell.
Just take your boots off and find ya a puddle to stomp around in. It's like going to the park, only ya don't hafta leave home to do it.
Wootah wrote: You can use my example to discover the hell of your own life.
Where were you when I let the pretty thing move in?
Wootah wrote: Maybe someone died that you loved and you mourn their loss.
So someone dying I hated is Heaven? I thought it had a flavor?
Wootah wrote: When we die and face reality (which is a definition of death worth considering) many will understand they are in hell because they will know God is love and then definitionally those in hell will be most acutely aware of what they lost, everything good.
I want no part of no God that'd flood an entire planet, putting the lives of so many puppies at risk.
Wootah wrote: Most people exist in the state of hell now....
Divorce'll fix that right up.
Wootah wrote: ...Just like we exist in the state of happiness, sadness and the continuum.

We send people to hell all the time when we say: Go to hell. We mean it on some level. We want them gone to a state of punishment. Thank God, God isn't one of us.
That'd be quant, if weren't so many Christians dead set on putting folks through Hell based on their belief their god they can't show exists has him an opinion they can't show he does.
Wootah wrote: When you die and you deny Jesus as Lord you are telling God to go to hell and you are choosing to live eternity without God.
Go to Hell God!

Yours is nothing more'n the typical threats Christians try to present in order to get folks to believe that which the Christian is incapable of showing to be truth.
Wootah wrote: Because God is a respecter of persons...
I haven't seen where you've established God has a "respecter".

Please show us, but remember, this section of the site doesn't consider the bible authoritative.

<snip the rest of the preaching>
Any questions?
Which part of all that was where you showed Hell actually exists?
-Punkinhead Martin

Wootah
Savant

Post #150

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #150]

Yes please refer to the past. Not implying anything there.
I lost a dollar and half to a slot machine one time. I felt then, and feel now, not the least bit of torment or anguish.

What about all them socks we lose, is that Hell inducing?
Great examples. Losing a dollar can over time being an addicted gambler. Who hasn't wondered what hell dimension socks go to?
I remind everybody the bible is not considered authoritative in this section of the site.
Pop it in your email signature perhaps?
I propose all you're doing is laying bare your own life's disappointments.
Just building some relatability. I don't expect people to share, but hopefully introspect. No harm in it.
Ya done gone and got married, didn't ya?
You understand God more than you admit. Hosea 1: 2 When the Lord began to speak through Hosea, the Lord said to him, “Go, marry a promiscuous woman and have children with her, for like an adulterous wife this land is guilty of unfaithfulness to the Lord.” 3 So he married Gomer daughter of Diblaim, and she conceived and bore him a son.
Go to Hell God!
Why atheists hate invisible sky fairies is always the weirdest.

I tried but I couldn't go line for line with you. Why not take something seriously? I really think what I wrote is quite simple and relatable. I suspect giving any common sense ground is so appalling to you that you can't.