Moderator: Moderators

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Wootah can prove Hell (exists?)

Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 29 here:
Wootah wrote: We can prove hell anytime you want to. You go ahead and make the thread.
For debate:

Please offer some means to confirm Hell exists.

Bonus points for offering means to confirm folks (or their spirits) go there .

I remind folks, the bible is not considered authoritative in this section of the site.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Wootah
Savant

Re: Wootah can prove Hell (exists?)

Post #151

Post by Wootah »

Tcg wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:28 pm
Wootah wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:36 pm Hell is the torment and anguish of knowing what you have lost. All of us are in hell now.
I'm not. Loss is simply one aspect of life. No need to let it torment or cause anguish. Of course if one refuses to accept this reality it may cause one displeasure if they were under the mistaken impression they'd remain fit athletes forever or never age.

So no, the reality of loss is not hell. We grow, we age, we die. That's life. Enjoy it while you got it!

Tcg
I think we all underestimate the ideology behind our statements. For you, death is a part of life, for a Christian, death is the enemy. If you would allow yourself to observe the presuppositions in your arguments you might be able to choose what you want to believe. Did you really choose death when you spoke?

(also the above sentence will definitely have to go into a future novel from one character to another.)
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #152

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Snipping to the crux...
Wootah wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:08 pm [Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #150]
I lost a dollar and half to a slot machine one time. I felt then, and feel now, not the least bit of torment or anguish.
What about all them socks we lose, is that Hell inducing?
Great examples. Losing a dollar can over time being an addicted gambler.
But it doesn't apply to me. So then, all you're doing is declaring what is Hell for others. It's a flawed means of confirming the existence of Hell.
Wootah wrote: Who hasn't wondered what hell dimension socks go to?
For all y'all keeping score at home, that's a point for Wootah, based on comedic value alone.
Wootah wrote:
JK wrote:I remind everybody the bible is not considered authoritative in this section of the site.
Pop it in your email signature perhaps?
Then it'd be out of place should I ever stumble drunkenly into TD&D, or Holy Huddle.
Wootah wrote:
JK wrote:I propose all you're doing is laying bare your own life's disappointments.
Just building some relatability. I don't expect people to share, but hopefully introspect. No harm in it.
No harm, no foul, though I see no truth in your claiming what is Hell. Other'n to call it whatever we find upsetting, which I think is off the mark from a biblical standpoint, much less here where the bible ain't considered authoritative.
Wootah wrote:
JK wrote:Ya done gone and got married, didn't ya?
You understand God more than you admit. Hosea 1: 2 When the Lord began to speak through Hosea, the Lord said to him, “Go, marry a promiscuous woman and have children with her, for like an adulterous wife this land is guilty of unfaithfulness to the Lord.” 3 So he married Gomer daughter of Diblaim, and she conceived and bore him a son.
There's quite a few claims in amongst all that you'd be hard pressed to show are true and factual, other'n to point to the bible, which this section of the site...
Wootah wrote:
JK wrote:Go to Hell God!
Why atheists hate invisible sky fairies is always the weirdest.
My point is that you said saying such is asking God to condemn others to it. So I condemn any god that'd pass such judgements and punishments on my fellow human beings.

I hate how the mere concept of em has folks killing in the name of their "loving" god/s.
I tried but I couldn't go line for line with you. Why not take something seriously?
I see no reason to take religious claims seriously, cept to note how they sometimes get folks to do some horrible things to their fellow human beings.

That said, I must also fess that I see religious belief causing others to do some really good and wonderful works. (I just think religious belief ain't necessary to doing good, or bad)

On that, I'll expound, just for background - no overt claims... I consider the concept of Hell, and Heaven a bit of a con, of God putting his big ol god thumb on the scales of human behavior. Why not avoid doing bad cause it hurts others or the self? Why not do good just for the sake of doing good? I don't wish to bog down the thread with that, unless you consider it relevant to showing Hell actually does exist.
I really think what I wrote is quite simple and relatable. I suspect giving any common sense ground is so appalling to you that you can't.
I find it hard to relate to folks who take religious claims seriously.

If common sense were so reliable, we'd all be poking sticks in the ground hoping to be us first to market with a plaid mule.

I'll grant ya this much for sure - ya stepped up to the challenge, and presented multiple data / points of evidence throughout the thread. It's just I find your conclusions (or claims) lacking so far as my personal understanding of a biblical Hell being an otherwise *physical place* of fire and torment.

*If we consider there's a place where souls go*
-Punkinhead Martin

brunumb
Savant

Post #153

Post by brunumb »

Hell is being offered proof/evidence of God/Hell/resurrection/(insert religious claim) and waiting an eternity for it to be delivered.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #154

Post by JoeyKnothead »

brunumb wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:19 pm Hell is being offered proof/evidence of God/Hell/resurrection/(insert religious claim) and waiting an eternity for it to be delivered.
At least we can confirm beyond any shadow of doubt that eternity is a property of em :wave:
-Punkinhead Martin

Wootah
Savant

Post #155

Post by Wootah »

brunumb wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:19 pm Hell is being offered proof/evidence of God/Hell/resurrection/(insert religious claim) and waiting an eternity for it to be delivered.
Reminds me of the joke: How do you keep a fool waiting?

Also at least you acknowledge you are in hell.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

brunumb
Savant

Post #156

Post by brunumb »

Wootah wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:50 am Reminds me of the joke: How do you keep a fool waiting?
Is the answer: Tell them you will be coming back from heaven soon.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

Wootah
Savant

Post #157

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to brunumb in post #157]

No bigger fool than a Christian if Christianity is false:
1 Corinthians : 13 If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14 And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15 More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised.
However, and here is something I might turn into a new thread, I do think the benefits now in this life seem to outweigh the fact of Christianity being true or false.

What a strange position Christians are in.

Wootah
Savant

Post #158

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #153]

Strange debating strategy - it doesn't apply to me. try that one on that tax man.
For all y'all keeping score at home, that's a point for Wootah, based on comedic value alone.
My posts try to inform and entertain (and still not paid a cent).
Then it'd be out of place should I ever stumble drunkenly into TD&D, or Holy Huddle.
Actually a fair point.
No harm, no foul, though I see no truth in your claiming what is Hell. Other'n to call it whatever we find upsetting, which I think is off the mark from a biblical standpoint, much less here where the bible ain't considered authoritative.
So you admit I am not trying to set a biblical standard or use the bible and are upset by it?
There's quite a few claims in amongst all that you'd be hard pressed to show are true and factual, other'n to point to the bible, which this section of the site...
Actually it was another (true) joke. You joked about marriage being hell and quite honestly God would say the same. His bride is a brazen foolish harlot most of the time.
On that, I'll expound, just for background - no overt claims... I consider the concept of Hell, and Heaven a bit of a con, of God putting his big ol god thumb on the scales of human behavior. Why not avoid doing bad cause it hurts others or the self? Why not do good just for the sake of doing good? I don't wish to bog down the thread with that, unless you consider it relevant to showing Hell actually does exist.
The celestial carrot and stick. It extrapolates for me quite well.

I've observed the world. Hurting others is required. Just look at what I had for lunch. To live, we literally have to kill en mass the rest of the world (mostly chickens, pigs and cows sure) but for you to live something and a lot of somethings if we are honest have to die. I don't think you squarely look at how bankrupt and not part of reality, the view you quote is.

How can anyone do good if there is no such thing as good?
I'll grant ya this much for sure - ya stepped up to the challenge, and presented multiple data / points of evidence throughout the thread. It's just I find your conclusions (or claims) lacking so far as my personal understanding of a biblical Hell being an otherwise *physical place* of fire and torment.
It's not hard. It's a reality-based argument. Everyone finds hell odious, do you think I don't. I am however willing to reason it out. I just realised hating hell is no different to a criminal hating prison.