Moderator: Moderators

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Wootah can prove Hell (exists?)

Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 29 here:
Wootah wrote: We can prove hell anytime you want to. You go ahead and make the thread.
For debate:

Please offer some means to confirm Hell exists.

Bonus points for offering means to confirm folks (or their spirits) go there .

I remind folks, the bible is not considered authoritative in this section of the site.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Tcg
Savant

Re: Wootah can prove Hell (exists?)

Post #121

Post by Tcg »

Wootah wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:21 pm
Verify death, please?
I'd be glad to:

This guy isn't dancing, laughing, breathing, thinking, eating, feeling, etc... etc... etc... That's because he's dead.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

WebersHome
Guru

Post #122

Post by WebersHome »

My explanation herein is based upon data from the Bible; which in this area of DC is presumed fiction, maybe even fantasy. So; caveat lector.

The Bible says that Jesus went to the heart of the Earth when he passed away (Matt 12:40)

The Bible also says that he went to a paradise that day. (Luke 23:43)

Paradise and Hell are/were in the same location. (Luke 16:19-31)

So then Hell is deep underground, a location for which there are no geographic GPS co-ordinates, i.e. no matter where you stand on the surface of the Earth, the netherworld would be under your feet.

Now, don't go drilling down to the heart of the Earth expecting to find either a Hell or a paradise because they have no physical properties. In other words; those locations are in a spirit world rather than solid. So theoretically you could run your drill right through the middle of them and not hit anybody.
_

Savant

Post #123

Post by 1213 »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:55 pmYour assertion, "Nothing of history can be shown to be factual" lends credence to my claim that folks make up stories.
Still, what you say can be seen just as an non-factual claim. If people make fantasy, which most of are clearly told as just fantasy and not as factuaal stories, doesn’t mean all stories are not factual.
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:55 pmThis, this is what we get for seeking the truth from some Christians - denial of fact "stories are told", built on claims of knowledge "I think I know where Hell is", and the classic "but I won't tell".
Did I say I know where hell is? Please show the post. Maybe it is like Lee Marvin says “Do I know where hell is, hell is in hell-o”. :D

Savant

Post #124

Post by 1213 »

WebersHome wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:31 am .
Paradise and Hell are/were in the same location. (Luke 16:19-31)

Actually, more accurately Luke is speaking of Hades, which is often also translated hell. However, it is not the same as Gehenna, which is the eternal fire lake that is also called hell.

….In Hades, he lifted up his eyes, ….
Luke 16:19-31

In the end, “Hades” is thrown into “hell”.

...Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. If anyone was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire.
Revelation 20:12-15

WebersHome
Guru

Post #125

Post by WebersHome »

1213 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:44 amthe lake of fire.
Can you prove-- empirically, scientifically, and beyond a hint of sensible doubt --that such a lake is true?

BTW: Just to be clear: the Bible is not considered authoritative in this area of DC, so you should not attempt use the Bible itself to prove the Bible itself is true.
_

Savant

Post #126

Post by 1213 »

WebersHome wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:30 am
Can you prove-- empirically, scientifically, and beyond a hint of sensible doubt --that such a lake is true?
Would it be necessary for you to know it?

Tcg
Savant

Post #127

Post by Tcg »

1213 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:01 pm
WebersHome wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:30 am
Would it be necessary for you to know it?
That would be necessary for anyone to know it. One can believe it without such evidence, but one can believe pretty much anything. Do you have evidence to support a the existence of the lake of fire or not?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Wootah
Savant

Post #128

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to Tcg in post #122]

And what do you know happened after?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Tcg
Savant

Post #129

Post by Tcg »

Wootah wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:18 pm [Replying to Tcg in post #122]

And what do you know happened after?
After what? If you are referring to after death, you'll note that I've made no claims of knowing what comes after death.

No one who is alive knows what happens after death. Not even those who claim they can prove the existence of hell.

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

WebersHome
Guru

Post #130

Post by WebersHome »

1213 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:01 pmWould it be necessary for you to know it?
If the lake of fire, as depicted in Rev 20:11-15, could be proven empirically, scientifically, and beyond a hint of sensible doubt; the news of it would have a tremendous influence on not only the world's political systems but also its social norms and its economic practices. Even the likes of North Korea's Kim Jong-Un and China's Xi Jinping would straighten up and begin treating their citizens as fellow human beings instead of potential threats to their power and control.

I read somewhere sometime ago about an airline stewardess' experience during an in-flight emergency. The passengers all became very quiet and also very easy to manage. People became very courteous with each other, and nobody argued with her instructions. The stewardess was amazed to discover that when people are facing imminent death, their assertiveness and their self-reliance fails and they become sheep.

YES! (emphatically) It would be necessary for folks to know it, and to know it for sure. I am positive that knowing the lake of fire was a reality may not succeed in making everybody on earth a Christian, but I've no doubt it would make the world a much better place.

It's been my experience that it's very difficult to find Christians with integrity. Instead of candidly admitting that many of their beliefs are impossible to prove true, they circle the wagons and become defensive; and they equivocate a lot too; which aggravates skeptics even more. If only more Christians were reasonable instead of so militant, so hypocritical, and so judgemental.
_