Moderator: Moderators

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Wootah can prove Hell (exists?)

Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 29 here:
Wootah wrote: We can prove hell anytime you want to. You go ahead and make the thread.
For debate:

Please offer some means to confirm Hell exists.

Bonus points for offering means to confirm folks (or their spirits) go there .

I remind folks, the bible is not considered authoritative in this section of the site.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Wootah
Savant

Re: Wootah can prove Hell (exists?)

Post #2

Post by Wootah »

Hell is separation from God.

Most people exist in the state of hell now. Just like we exist in the state of happiness, sadness and the continuum (What I doubt non-Christians ever experience is joy).

We send people to hell all the time when we say: Go to hell. We mean it on some level. We want them gone to a state of punishment. Thank God, God isn't one of us.

When you die and you deny Jesus as Lord you are telling God to go to hell and you are choosing to live eternity without God. You will be in hell and this time you will know it.

The reason you will know it is that the full majesty of God is undeniably known to you and you will know what you have lost. The Good will have departed from you because you didn't want it, you will know it exists and cannot get it. You will be in hell.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by Goat »

Wootah wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:05 pm Hell is separation from God.

Most people exist in the state of hell now. Just like we exist in the state of happiness, sadness and the continuum (What I doubt non-Christians ever experience is joy).

We send people to hell all the time when we say: Go to hell. We mean it on some level. We want them gone to a state of punishment. Thank God, God isn't one of us.

When you die and you deny Jesus as Lord you are telling God to go to hell and you are choosing to live eternity without God. You will be in hell and this time you will know it.

The reason you will know it is that the full majesty of God is undeniably known to you and you will know what you have lost. The Good will have departed from you because you didn't want it, you will know it exists and cannot get it. You will be in hell.
Then, for there to be a hell, you have to show that there is something there to be separated from. Else, it is a term without meaning, and therefore can not be proved. So, can you show there is a God to be separated from>
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Couple tag edits...
Wootah wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:05 pm Hell is separation from God.
Woah, woah, woah, were have you established this God exists? Certainly nowhere I'm aware of.

Your trying to support your OP claim with another unevidenced claim doesn't bose well for the OP claim, but let's see...
Most people exist in the state of hell now.
2nd unsupported claim.
(What I doubt non-Christians ever experience is joy).
Please explain how this supports your OP contention.

I actually gain much, much pleasure in showing how Christians are incapable of showing their claims are truth, so right there's reason enough to put a smile on this non-Christian's face.
Go to Hell God.

There, I just sent him to Hell. Poor thing. Without supper too!

Again, please explain how this shows your OP claim to be truth.
When you die and you deny Jesus as Lord you are telling God to go to hell and you are choosing to live eternity without God.
Please explain how this shows your OP claim is truth.

You can make assertions all day long, where is the truth in your assertions?
You will be in hell and this time you will know it.
3rd unsupported claim - "you'll be in hell".

4th unsupported claim - "and you'll know it".

Have you ever engaged in a debate outside of church?
The reason you will know it is that the full majesty of God is undeniably known to you and you will know what you have lost.
5th unsupported claim.

Where have you show the God you claimed in your unsupported claim number 1 that he exists, and has the quality of "majesty"?
The Good will have departed from you because you didn't want it, you will know it exists and cannot get it. You will be in hell.
Ah yes, more threats with not the first bit of confirmable evidence whatsoever.

That was easy, wasn't it boys and girls :wave:

This claimant can no more show his claims are truth than I can show I'm Teddy Roosevelt.

Claimant can't do anything but make unsopported claims and threats based on a beleif[/ b] In a God he can't even show exists, claims has a "majesty" he can't show he does, in order to so sadly try to support his OP claim of there being a Hell he can't show exists.

Alas...

The liar lies, and the preacher preaches!
-Punkinhead Martin

Wootah
Savant

Post #5

Post by Wootah »

Goat wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:39 pm Then, for there to be a hell, you have to show that there is something there to be separated from. Else, it is a term without meaning, and therefore can not be proved. So, can you show there is a God to be separated from>
God is a person. There are people. You cannot see the vast majority of people alive or dead now but you know they exist.

Separating from others and living in hell is quite a common human trait.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Wootah
Savant

Post #6

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #4]

God is a person. There are people. You cannot see the vast majority of people alive or dead now but you know they exist. Do you need me to establish God further or do you accept people exist?

brunumb
Savant

Post #7

Post by brunumb »

Wootah wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:23 pm God is a person.
Jumping in here ahead of JoeyKnothead, but that looks just like yet another unsupported assertion.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by JoeyKnothead »

brunumb wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:05 pm
Wootah wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:23 pm God is a person.
Jumping in here ahead of JoeyKnothead, but that looks just like yet another unsupported assertion.
Saved me some typing. Much obliged.
-Punkinhead Martin

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by Goat »

Wootah wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:23 pm
Goat wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:39 pm Then, for there to be a hell, you have to show that there is something there to be separated from. Else, it is a term without meaning, and therefore can not be proved. So, can you show there is a God to be separated from>
God is a person. There are people. You cannot see the vast majority of people alive or dead now but you know they exist.

Separating from others and living in hell is quite a common human trait.
How is God a person? How does defining God as a person show that person exists? I mean, I can define Harry Potter as a person, but that does not mean Harry Potter exists.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

Tcg
Savant

Post #10

Post by Tcg »

Wootah wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:05 pm (What I doubt non-Christians ever experience is joy).
You shouldn't. I experience joy quite regularly and I'm a non-Christian and I experience way more than when I was a Christian.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom