Does god need protected, vindicated or otherwise supported?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

Does god need protected, vindicated or otherwise supported?

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

Some recently told me 'it is the vindication of his Fathers name' that makes it worth it.
It made me wonder:
What does god and or his name need vindication of or from?

Going further, does god need people to 'speak up for him', as it were (oft times believers will get angry when their god is questioned)? God's said to wipe out entire cities - even a whole planet - so what can a few million or billion meek people do to 'protect' their god's name, legacy, word or whatever?
Can't god fend for himself?

Or does god command this - protection of his name? If so, why?

Or is it simply over zealous people over stepping their bounds?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

Miles
Savant

Re: Does god need protected, vindicated or otherwise supported?

Post #2

Post by Miles »

nobspeople wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:36 pm Some recently told me 'it is the vindication of his Fathers name' that makes it worth it.
It made me wonder:
What does god and or his name need vindication of or from?
According to the Bible he did some pretty dastardly things, and in order to let him wear white he's going to have to be cleared of them all. Obviously not an easy job, which is why they remain in the book as-is I suspect.
Going further, does god need people to 'speak up for him', as it were (oft times believers will get angry when their god is questioned)? God's said to wipe out entire cities - even a whole planet - so what can a few million or billion meek people do to 'protect' their god's name, legacy, word or whatever?
Can't god fend for himself?
If he's as all powerful and all wise as he's said to be I reckon he would, but lacking any such action I gather he's either not all powerful or not all wise, or perhaps both Image

Savant

Post #3

Post by 1213 »

nobspeople wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:36 pm ...Going further, does god need people to 'speak up for him', as it were (oft times believers will get angry when their god is questioned)? God's said to wipe out entire cities - even a whole planet - so what can a few million or billion meek people do to 'protect' their god's name, legacy, word or whatever?
Can't god fend for himself?...
I think I speak for you. And I think I couldn’t do this without God. So, it is not God who needs help, I am the one who needs God to do this. And I want to do this, because I care. It is more like what Jesus said:

I can of myself do nothing. …
John 5:30

For I spoke not from myself, but the Father who sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. I know that his commandment is eternal life. The things therefore which I speak, even as the Father has said to me, so I speak."
John 12:49-50

…"My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me. If anyone desires to do his will, he will know about the teaching, whether it is from God, or if I am speaking from myself.
John 7:16-17

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #4

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to 1213 in post #3]
I think I speak for you.
Not correctly. And with your quoted arrogant and misinformed statement, we have nothing further to discuss.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!