Nephilim

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

Nephilim

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

Nephilim, in the Hebrew Bible, a group of mysterious beings or people of unusually large size and strength who lived both before and after the Flood. The Nephilim are referenced in Genesis and Numbers and are possibly referred to in Ezekiel. The Hebrew word nefilim is sometimes directly translated as “giants” or taken to mean “the fallen ones” (from the Hebrew naphal, “to fall”), but the identity of the Nephilim is debated by scholars.
https://www.britannica.com/topic/Nephilim

Some within the cryptozoology field believe sasquatch are nephilim (or descendants of). They site things like: strength, height, supernatural abilities (tracks disappearing in the middle of no where, gliding stride, speed, 'clocking' and lack of dead bodies for examples), sightings from almost every continent and inability to be photographed (though, to be fair, there are photos and videos showing alleged bigfoot).

Is it possible the nephys (my term) survived into modern day and are, in fact, cryptic creatures like bigfoot*?
Why or why not?

*Nephys could also be said to be reason for sightings of things like dogmen, goatmen, glimmerman, among others.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: Nephilim

Post #51

Post by JoeyKnothead »

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:33 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:58 pm History tells us some goats suffer the affections of men.
Which is probably why we don't look at certain things in history with glee.
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:58 pm What's your point?
The point is; from what I gather, Doc was making the case that Og's bed was that big because he had 20-30 women (concubines) that he slept with..in other words, the more women you have, the more room in your bed you need. :D

I think that is the point he was getting at.

My point is; if the king's quarters were separate from the royal harem (according to history), then chances are, Og wouldn't have slept in a bed that big if it weren't for the fact that he was a giant sized human being.

Get it? :approve:
This bible stuff...

But a sincere thanks for the explanation. I was lost as a cow at a square dance.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #52

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

nobspeople wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:56 am Maybe he liked a big bed. Maybe he moved around a lot. Maybe he had a complex. Maybe he was a giant. Maybe the story isn't true at all. Chances are all sorts of reasonings are available. Which is more likely?
"Maybe he was a giant" is my answer.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #53

Post by nobspeople »

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:10 pm
nobspeople wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:56 am Maybe he liked a big bed. Maybe he moved around a lot. Maybe he had a complex. Maybe he was a giant. Maybe the story isn't true at all. Chances are all sorts of reasonings are available. Which is more likely?
"Maybe he was a giant" is my answer.
How's 'giant' defined here?
More than 5' tall?
6'?
8?

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #54

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

nobspeople wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:44 am
More than 5' tall?
6'?
8?
Scripture doesn't say...but hey, if the bed was 13ft, my guess is that he was between 11 and 12ft.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #55

Post by nobspeople »

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:55 pm
nobspeople wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:44 am
More than 5' tall?
6'?
8?
Scripture doesn't say...but hey, if the bed was 13ft, my guess is that he was between 11 and 12ft.
He could have had a long bed. Maybe he was 6"? Guessing he's almost as tall as the bed is long is justifying a need to complete 'scripture' since scripture doesn't say.

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #56

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

nobspeople wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:15 am He could have had a long bed. Maybe he was 6"?
6" with a 13" bed. Sorry, Charlie...not buying it.
Guessing he's almost as tall as the bed is long is justifying a need to complete 'scripture' since scripture doesn't say.
Then take my assessment of his height the same way you do with everything else Bible-related....with a grain of salt.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #57

Post by nobspeople »

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:53 pm
nobspeople wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:15 am He could have had a long bed. Maybe he was 6"?
6" with a 13" bed. Sorry, Charlie...not buying it.
Guessing he's almost as tall as the bed is long is justifying a need to complete 'scripture' since scripture doesn't say.
Then take my assessment of his height the same way you do with everything else Bible-related....with a grain of salt.
Salt is paramount when it comes to biblical things, ironically enough
:approve: