Without god....what would have happened?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

Without god....what would have happened?

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

Let's suppose there is no god. No god to create everything and set mankind up for failure, then stomp its foot and pout like a spoiled child and condemn is 'loved' creation to potential eternal hell (according to some).

If humanity would have evolved on its own, with no 'grand man' in the sky, or created by humanity, who do you think the human race would have faired?
Would it have 'crashed and burned' early on? Why or why not?
Would it have come to the same fruition it's at today? Why or why not?
Would it be more advanced in science, technology, morality? More economically sound? Why or why not?

Of course, there is no wrong answer. This is an 'opinion' piece. If the moderators deem it necessary to be 'relocated', by all means please do so. But it was placed here as there seem to be a mix of believers and nons perusing this area and, as such, seems to have the potential to be a good area for a 'cross pollination' of ideas.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Without god....what would have happened?

Post #11

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Tcg wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:05 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:38 am
Those that have full bellies will duly declare the whole thing a grand success!
This is quite clearly a statement of fact. Given that, what verifiable evidence can you provide to support this statement of fact?

Tcg

The entire post was introduced with "in my opinon ... " followed by a list, the indication being the opening phrase applied to the entire list.

I hope my clarification has been of help,

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Tcg
Savant

Post #12

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:11 am
Tcg wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:05 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:38 am
Those that have full bellies will duly declare the whole thing a grand success!
This is quite clearly a statement of fact. Given that, what verifiable evidence can you provide to support this statement of fact?

Tcg

The entire post was introduced with "in my opinon ... " followed by a list, the indication being the opening phrase applied to the entire list.

I hope my clarification has been of help,

JW
Yes, I see. So you have absolutely no verifiable evidence to support your opinion. My opinion is that your opinion is worthless absent verifiable evidence.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #13

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Ok maybe I should rephrase...

The OP asked contributers to speculate about a hypothetical future, based on my assessment of global indicators at the present time I would speculate that ...
nobspeople wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:03 pm
If humanity would have evolved on its own, ... [how] do you think the human race would have faired?
Pretty much as it has done now. In my opinion. ...
  • Mankind would have been able to send a man to the moon but be unable to ensure enough food gets to babies in africa to eliminate hunger.
  • We would have the technology to communicate in seconds across the globe but seemingly be incapble to eliminate war, lies and hatred.
  • We would have made amazing medical advances but most people would die from the effects of obesity, smoking self abuse or suicide.
  • We would be able to examine and analyse the environment to the finest detail but be incapable of figuring out and effectively implementing how not to poison our environment with pollutants.
  • Reading, writing and free access to information will be abundant for even the poorest of people, yet hatred and ignorance will not be eliminated.
  • A handful of billionaires will live like kings while the millions of others will live on less than a US dollar day.

Those that have full bellies would I think, duly declare the whole thing a grand success!

- From 2019 to 2020, the number of undernourished people grew by as many as 161 million, a crisis driven largely by conflict, climate change, and the COVID-19 pandemic - Action Against Hunger International Nutrition Security Policy, page 8

- Half a million people are killed by interpersonal violence each year, thats 1300 people a day and nine tomes the number of lives lost in open warfare - WBG Conflict and violence jn the 21st century

- Self-harm is the single biggest cause of death of people aged 20-24 in the UK - The Lancet Commission

- Pollution is one of the biggest global killers, affecting over 100 million people. That’s comparable to global diseases like malaria and HIV - World Health Organization. "Climate change and health." 2014
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #14

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to 1213 in post #4]
If we look native tribes that perhaps live as many ancient people lived, is it what we would find, if God would not have intervened?
Is it?
It seems to me that Judaism and Christianity led to this development that we now have.
In many ways, but that's not what this topic is about.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

William
Savant

Post #15

Post by William »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #13]

The list provided appears to support an assumption that The Creator has not been involved with The Creation - which leans towards supporting the atheist position that there is no Creator and we do not exist within a Creation.