Apologetic Best Practices?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

bluegreenearth
Guru

Apologetic Best Practices?

Post #1

Post by bluegreenearth »

Does the discipline of Christian apologetics have recommended best practices for its theistic practitioners?

If so, what are those best practices?

Are they demonstrably effective?

Could they be improved upon?

If so, what improvements are needed?

Do you have a recommendation for a new best practice or for improving an existing best practice?

All proposed answers to the above questions should be open for debate.

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Re: Apologetic Best Practices?

Post #51

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:33 pm
:D Some of what posted Was incomprehensible.
Speaking of incomprehensible^.
If you are gong to retract your position n view of the evidence, assuming we ever get to discussing the evidence rather than do trashtalk, be my guest. The rest of the viewers will be lauging at your "?" because you will be one of the few to be at a loss.
h
Okey dokey.
We agree that the 'shut up and go away' game plan or mindset is unworthy, we agree on that. We clearly disagree that this is what the Bible apologist mindset and method oils down to in the end.
Agreed.
And I don't ned you permission to expose fallacies and false reasoning. Say safe and have a great week :)
I wasn't giving you my permission. I was giving you my support.

See the difference?
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #52

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

Tcg wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:43 pm This reminds me of one of the funniest things I've ever read. On the now defunct Amazon forums a poster asked what the first thing posters will do once they get to heaven. Almost all those who answered said that they'd sit next to Jesus for a meal and a heart to heart chat not realizing of course that there'd be millions hoping the same thing.
I guess if you look at it from a finite, earthly perspective, that would be a big deal.

But, when you look at it from an infinite, heavenly perspective, you will realize that an eternity in heaven means that everyone will have ample opportunity to spend with Christ.
The fantasy of an intimate moment, in this version at the front of a bus, with Jesus is an absurdity. I suppose it brings some comfort to think their savior would recognize them as individuals. In reality, if such a fantasy were to occur, it'd be more like a book signing where the author has no knowledge of or true concern for those who they're signing the book for.

Tcg
False equivalency.

Comparing finite, limited knowledge/understanding (humans) to omniscient, infinite knowledge and understanding (God).

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Smh.

Shame on you.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #53

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

bluegreenearth wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:35 pm It is more often the case that some theist interlocutors are usually the first to inform those skeptics of where fallacies exist in their arguments. Therefore, I do not feel compelled to duplicate that effort.
Fair enough.
If I were to encounter a fallacious argument from a skeptic that hadn't already been adequately refuted by a theist, I would do my part to target that skeptic with some critical thinking questions.
Fair enough.
My apologies but I must have misinterpreted your question. I thought you were asking me for an example of a time when a proposed conclusion was established as the goal of an investigation.
I have no clue what you are talking about right now lol.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!