Could Brian Laundrie be in Heaven?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Tcg
Savant

Could Brian Laundrie be in Heaven?

Post #1

Post by Tcg »

Those who have been following the news covering the disappearance of Gabi Petito and then subsequent discovery of her body are familiar with name, Brian Laundrie. Gabi and Brian traveled from the Eastern U.S. in her van to the West intending to visit key sites and national parks. Brian returned to his parent's house in Florida with Gabi's van, but without her. Her body was later discovered not far from the last known camp site they shared together. Gabi's death has been ruled a homicide, but the perpetrator has not been determined. Brain is of course the key suspect, but recently his skeletal remains have been found so we may never know the details of Gabi's death for sure.

The question for debate relies on the teaching some claim is the path to heaven, that being acceptance of Jesus as one's personal savior. The following is an example though others may describe it slightly differently:

How can I accept Jesus as my personal savior?

A Savior is a rescuer, redeemer, or one who saves someone else. Jesus is Savior of the world in every aspect of this word. Jesus rescues us from sin and eternal punishment when we trust in Him by faith. He is a redeemer because He paid the cost of our sins through His death on the cross. He can save us because He has the power to forgive sins and the desire to save those who trust in Him.

To accept Jesus as your personal Savior is to acknowledge who Jesus is in your own life. It is to believe in Him. John 1:12 says: "But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God." John 3:16 adds, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

https://www.compellingtruth.org/personal-savior.html
Assuming that Brian was responsible for her death and that he at some point before his death accepted Jesus as his savior, could Brian Laundrie be in heaven?

Tcg

Tcg
Savant

Re: Could Brian Laundrie be in Heaven?

Post #61

Post by Tcg »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:58 am
You forget that the "Christians" believe that calling on a name will save them.
Christians say a great many things about how to attain eternal life. I suspect that if there were a god, it wouldn't get terribly upset about pronunciation.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tcg
Savant

Re: Could Brian Laundrie be in Heaven?

Post #62

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to Tcg in post #1]

Recent news reports that Brian Laundrie died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Does suicide result in the forfeiture of eternal life even if one has accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom