Could Brian Laundrie be in Heaven?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Tcg
Savant

Could Brian Laundrie be in Heaven?

Post #1

Post by Tcg »

Those who have been following the news covering the disappearance of Gabi Petito and then subsequent discovery of her body are familiar with name, Brian Laundrie. Gabi and Brian traveled from the Eastern U.S. in her van to the West intending to visit key sites and national parks. Brian returned to his parent's house in Florida with Gabi's van, but without her. Her body was later discovered not far from the last known camp site they shared together. Gabi's death has been ruled a homicide, but the perpetrator has not been determined. Brain is of course the key suspect, but recently his skeletal remains have been found so we may never know the details of Gabi's death for sure.

The question for debate relies on the teaching some claim is the path to heaven, that being acceptance of Jesus as one's personal savior. The following is an example though others may describe it slightly differently:

How can I accept Jesus as my personal savior?

A Savior is a rescuer, redeemer, or one who saves someone else. Jesus is Savior of the world in every aspect of this word. Jesus rescues us from sin and eternal punishment when we trust in Him by faith. He is a redeemer because He paid the cost of our sins through His death on the cross. He can save us because He has the power to forgive sins and the desire to save those who trust in Him.

To accept Jesus as your personal Savior is to acknowledge who Jesus is in your own life. It is to believe in Him. John 1:12 says: "But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God." John 3:16 adds, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

https://www.compellingtruth.org/personal-savior.html
Assuming that Brian was responsible for her death and that he at some point before his death accepted Jesus as his savior, could Brian Laundrie be in heaven?

Tcg

2ndpillar2
Sage

Re: Could Brian Laundrie be in Heaven?

Post #51

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

1213 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:01 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:35 pm ...
As for Luke 18:10-14, the same time event account (Luke 18:18-23) was given in Matthew 19:16-23, by an actual witness, and they don't match. ...
Sorry, I don't see how they don't match.
The Matthew 19:16-23 account didn't contain the Luke 18:10-14 account which according to Luke, apparently happened at the same time. Probably because the Luke account per (Luke 1:1-3) was a hearsay account, and is questionable, as Luke was not a direct witness, and therefore the matter could not be admitted into a court of law proceeding, or used to establish any matter.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #52

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

Tcg wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:36 pm .
Those who have been following the news covering the disappearance of Gabi Petito and then subsequent discovery of her body are familiar with name, Brian Laundrie. Gabi and Brian traveled from the Eastern U.S. in her van to the West intending to visit key sites and national parks. Brian returned to his parent's house in Florida with Gabi's van, but without her. Her body was later discovered not far from the last known camp site they shared together. Gabi's death has been ruled a homicide, but the perpetrator has not been determined. Brain is of course the key suspect, but recently his skeletal remains have been found so we may never know the details of Gabi's death for sure.

The question for debate relies on the teaching some claim is the path to heaven, that being acceptance of Jesus as one's personal savior. The following is an example though others may describe it slightly differently:

A Savior is a rescuer, redeemer, or one who saves someone else. Jesus is Savior of the world in every aspect of this word. Jesus rescues us from sin and eternal punishment when we trust in Him by faith. He is a redeemer because He paid the cost of our sins through His death on the cross. He can save us because He has the power to forgive sins and the desire to save those who trust in Him.

To accept Jesus as your personal Savior is to acknowledge who Jesus is in your own life. It is to believe in Him. John 1:12 says: "But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God." John 3:16 adds, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

Assuming that Brian was responsible for her death and that he at some point before his death accepted Jesus as his savior, could Brian Laundrie be in heaven?

Tcg
There is a concept of the "unforgivable sin", which killing of the innocent, would be at the front of the list. The false prophet Paul participated in the killing of the innocent Stephen. Apparently Paul will not be forgiven, for the "false prophet" is destined to be thrown into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:10). One is judged for their deeds (Revelation 20:12), and their presumptions will not save them. As Yeshua's name implies, "YHWY saves", which means that God saves, and the false "Christian" belief that Yeshua is God, is greasing their path down the road to "destruction" (Matthew 7:13). John 5:24 is a better presentation than John 3:15. Other wise one is swimming in a fog. The demons believe, yet tremble still (James 2:19). Belief, and ten dollars, may or may not get you onto the New Jersey turnpike, but you may or may not survive the ride.

Tcg
Savant

Post #53

Post by Tcg »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:52 pm

Tcg
There is a concept of the "unforgivable sin", which killing of the innocent, would be at the front of the list. The false prophet Paul participated in the killing of the innocent Stephen. Apparently Paul will not be forgiven, for the "false prophet" is destined to be thrown into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:10). One is judged for their deeds (Revelation 20:12), and their presumptions will not save them. As Yeshua's name implies, "YHWY saves", which means that God saves, and the false "Christian" belief that Yeshua is God, is greasing their path down the road to "destruction" (Matthew 7:13). John 5:24 is a better presentation than John 3:15. Other wise one is swimming in a fog. The demons believe, yet tremble still (James 2:19). Belief, and ten dollars, may or may not get you onto the New Jersey turnpike, but you may or may not survive the ride.
"Unforgivable sin" is singular and yet you suggest there are numerous candidates? Beyond that, I have no idea what you are trying to say or what it has to do with my question.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #54

Post by nobspeople »

Tcg wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:11 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:52 pm

Tcg
"Unforgivable sin" is singular and yet you suggest there are numerous candidates? Beyond that, I have no idea what you are trying to say or what it has to do with my question.

Tcg
According to some here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38749
Killing of the innocent isn't an 'unforgivable sin', if I understood their response. So I second your underlined response.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

Savant

Post #55

Post by 1213 »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:30 pm The Matthew 19:16-23 account didn't contain the Luke 18:10-14 account which according to Luke, apparently happened at the same time.
I don't see any good reason to believe they happened at the same time. And even if they would have, I think it could be possible them both to be true, other just didn't have the other part.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #56

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

1213 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:18 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:30 pm The Matthew 19:16-23 account didn't contain the Luke 18:10-14 account which according to Luke, apparently happened at the same time.
I don't see any good reason to believe they happened at the same time. And even if they would have, I think it could be possible them both to be true, other just didn't have the other part.
Just how many rich guys do you think asked Yeshua how to "obtain eternal life", and the answer was the same, and the church guys of today still leave out the part whereas they were to keep the commandments/works, and to sell all they have and give to the poor? One best sell all they own while they are poor, because as Yeshua said, it is hard for the rich man to sell all he has and give it to the poor. Keep in mind, that according to Luke 1:1-3, Luke witnessed nothing of this, and hearsay isn't allowed in a establishing any matter Matthew 18:16 & Deut 17:6.

Tcg
Savant

Post #57

Post by Tcg »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:12 pm
Just how many rich guys do you think asked Yeshua how to "obtain eternal life", and the answer was the same, and the church guys of today still leave out the part whereas they were to keep the commandments/works, and to sell all they have and give to the poor? One best sell all they own while they are poor, because as Yeshua said, it is hard for the rich man to sell all he has and give it to the poor. Keep in mind, that according to Luke 1:1-3, Luke witnessed nothing of this, and hearsay isn't allowed in a establishing any matter Matthew 18:16 & Deut 17:6.
By all reports it seems that Brian Laundrie was rather poor. Of course that wasn't the result of giving anything to the poor, but rather because either his parents or his girlfriend provided for him so he didn't need to work regularly. Would this indicate that he may indeed be in Heaven or does one have to be poor for a specific reason?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #58

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

Tcg wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:21 pm
By all reports it seems that Brian Laundrie was rather poor. Of course that wasn't the result of giving anything to the poor, but rather because either his parents or his girlfriend provided for him so he didn't need to work regularly. Would this indicate that he may indeed be in Heaven or does one have to be poor for a specific reason?

Tcg
Apparently, Mr. Brian was a thief, and was charged for stealing his girl friend's money. The kind of thing the "wicked"/lawless might do. What happens to the wicked? Well look to Matthew 13:49:50. The point made by Yeshua, was that it is as easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into heaven. Which is to say, it is harder for the rich, then those who are not rich. For liars, murderers, immoral, and idolaters, they will be barred at the gate (Revelation 22:15). As for Mr. Brian calling on "Jesus" as his savior and being saved. "Jesus" saved, or saves no one. Every one will die for their own iniquities (Jeremiah 31:30). Despite what Paul prophesized, he is dead and buried. The proper name for your "Jesus" is Yeshua, which means that "YHWY saves", such that God saves, and Yeshua is not God, and the 1st Commandment, is that you shall not have other gods before me. It is the LORD God who judges (Ezekiel 34:22-24), and who will then appoint My servant David as their "shepherd"/king (Ezekiel 37:24). You are fighting a toothless tiger, when you are fighting the "Christian" church and their dogmas and doctrines. They have no power or spirit, nor understanding, and are doomed to "fall" (Isaiah 22:25) & (Matthew 7:27). Their "fall" will not be by some godless depressed personality, but by God's angels (Revelation 18:21), and the nations she sits on, such as Rome, now in the form of one world government movement, will be cut down by the sword of God (stone cut without hands) (Revelation 19:15 & Daniel 2:45). Yeshua's message was to repent, turn from lawlessness/wickedness, to righteousness (Matthew 3). The consequences of remaining among the wicked, would be a furnace of fire, the coming "great tribulation" (Matthew 24), in which if it wasn't cut short, no one would survive.

Tcg
Savant

Post #59

Post by Tcg »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:41 am

Tcg
Apparently, Mr. Brian was a thief, and was charged for stealing his girl friend's money. The kind of thing the "wicked"/lawless might do. What happens to the wicked? Well look to Matthew 13:49:50. The point made by Yeshua, was that it is as easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into heaven. Which is to say, it is harder for the rich, then those who are not rich. For liars, murderers, immoral, and idolaters, they will be barred at the gate (Revelation 22:15). As for Mr. Brian calling on "Jesus" as his savior and being saved. "Jesus" saved, or saves no one. Every one will die for their own iniquities (Jeremiah 31:30). Despite what Paul prophesized, he is dead and buried. The proper name for your "Jesus" is Yeshua, which means that "YHWY saves", such that God saves, and Yeshua is not God, and the 1st Commandment, is that you shall not have other gods before me. It is the LORD God who judges (Ezekiel 34:22-24), and who will then appoint My servant David as their "shepherd"/king (Ezekiel 37:24). You are fighting a toothless tiger, when you are fighting the "Christian" church and their dogmas and doctrines. They have no power or spirit, nor understanding, and are doomed to "fall" (Isaiah 22:25) & (Matthew 7:27). Their "fall" will not be by some godless depressed personality, but by God's angels (Revelation 18:21), and the nations she sits on, such as Rome, now in the form of one world government movement, will be cut down by the sword of God (stone cut without hands) (Revelation 19:15 & Daniel 2:45). Yeshua's message was to repent, turn from lawlessness/wickedness, to righteousness (Matthew 3). The consequences of remaining among the wicked, would be a furnace of fire, the coming "great tribulation" (Matthew 24), in which if it wasn't cut short, no one would survive.
It's rather hard to track all this. You seem to be saying the "Jesus" saves no one, but if you pronounce or spell his name as "Yeshua", you're good to go. Is God really that concerned with minor spelling/pronunciation issues?

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #60

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

Tcg wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:24 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:41 am

Tcg
It's rather hard to track all this. You seem to be saying the "Jesus" saves no one, but if you pronounce or spell his name as "Yeshua", you're good to go. Is God really that concerned with minor spelling/pronunciation issues?

Tcg
You forget that the "Christians" believe that calling on a name will save them. The name they use is 16th century produced "Jesus", which when pronounced, means "earth pig" in Latin. Yeshua simply means that "God/YHWY" saves. It is the message within a name. The "salvation" the "Christians" profess, when they call on the name of the LORD, per their indoctrination, is with respect to Joel 2:31-3:2, and is with respect to the "Day of the Lord", and has to do with those in Jerusalem and on Mount Zion, "surviving" that period of the judgment of the nations (Joel 3:2). They will all die sooner or later, and no one is going to save them from death (Jeremiah 31:30), for everyone dies for their own iniquities. Their false prophet Paul taught his followers that we will not all sleep/die, which is a false prophecy. Paul is dead, and so are all of his original listeners. Everyone living today will die, sooner or later.

There is no "Christian" "rapture", a notion from a 17th century young British girl. The only rapture, gathering up, is with respect to the "tares"/wicked/lawless, which happens "first", at the "end of the age". (Matthew 13:30-50).