The Pine Barrens Tree Frog and the Flood.

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Tcg
Savant

The Pine Barrens Tree Frog and the Flood.

Post #1

Post by Tcg »

The Pine Barrens tree frog is well known in southern New Jersey and a few southeastern states.

This frog is tiny at about 1 - 1 1/2 inches long. If there were a global flood that killed all land animals except the few that were in Noah's ark, an ark that came aground in what is now called Turkey, how did this tiny frog find it's way to southern New Jersey?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Savant

Re: The Pine Barrens Tree Frog and the Flood.

Post #71

Post by 1213 »

bluegreenearth wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:04 pm Whether you agree or disagree with the content of the video above, it took me less than 30 seconds to find this particular explanation through a Google search online. So, if you are genuinely inclined to learn about the perspectives of experts in the field of frog evolution, there appears to be no shortage of free information available which you can critically examine for yourself.
Ok, thank you. So, to be clear, you think that continents were joined at some point explains why frogs are almost everywhere?

bluegreenearth
Guru

Post #72

Post by bluegreenearth »

1213 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:58 pm Ok, thank you. So, to be clear, you think that continents were joined at some point explains why frogs are almost everywhere?
I'm not personally qualified to comment on the evolutionary biology of frogs, but the Theory of Plate Tectonics has made and continues to make sufficient novel testable predictions to be tentatively accepted by the consensus of experts in the field at this time. However, the purpose of my post was not to defend any particular explanation for the geographic distribution of frogs but to demonstrate that the perspectives of various experts in the field evolutionary biology are readily and freely accessible for anyone interested enough to do a little research.

POI
Prodigy

Post #73

Post by POI »

Tcg wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:36 pm how did this tiny frog find it's way to southern New Jersey?
Magic :)
In case anyone is wondering... The avatar quote states the following:

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #74

Post by nobspeople »

POI wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:26 pm
Tcg wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:36 pm how did this tiny frog find it's way to southern New Jersey?
Not entertaining magic, though. Kinda' mundane, IMO.
Smite a city for the whole world to see! Now that's impressive! Kicking a frog from one place to another? Booor-ring!
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

Tcg
Savant

Post #75

Post by Tcg »

nobspeople wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:53 am
POI wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:26 pm
Not entertaining magic, though. Kinda' mundane, IMO.
Smite a city for the whole world to see! Now that's impressive! Kicking a frog from one place to another? Booor-ring!
Sure, but it creates quite the sticky wicket for those who claim the flood was a literal event. What's that saying, the devil is in the details? These details, as boring as they may be, reveal that the story just doesn't add up even in the minutest of details.

Hey, look over there, the Grand Canyon!

Look over here at these little bitty frogs which are found only here:

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom