The Pine Barrens Tree Frog and the Flood.

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Tcg
Savant

The Pine Barrens Tree Frog and the Flood.

Post #1

Post by Tcg »

The Pine Barrens tree frog is well known in southern New Jersey and a few southeastern states.

This frog is tiny at about 1 - 1 1/2 inches long. If there were a global flood that killed all land animals except the few that were in Noah's ark, an ark that came aground in what is now called Turkey, how did this tiny frog find it's way to southern New Jersey?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tcg
Savant

Re: The Pine Barrens Tree Frog and the Flood.

Post #51

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:11 pm
Do you want me to respond even if I only have with faith based beliefs to do so?
A quick review of this thread's description of what qualifies as evidence reveals that if that is all you can provide, it wouldn't add much value.

viewtopic.php?t=16903

This section is particularly informative:
Acceptability of evidence

Some things do not count as acceptable forms of evidence. Though they can be presented, they do not bolster one's arguments and do not fulfill rule 5 (Support your assertions/arguments with evidence).

Examples include:
- opinions and assertions
- anecdotal evidence
- what most people believe

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #52

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Tcg wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:04 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:11 pm
Do you want me to respond even if I only have with faith based beliefs to do so?
A quick review of this thread's description of what qualifies as evidence reveals that if that is all you can provide, it wouldn't add much value.

Fine, I will take that as a "no" you do not wish me to post what I believe on the question. I have enjoyed the topic learning about these little fellows. Have a most excellent day,

Goodbye,

JW

For further reading please go to other posts related to...

LOGIC , EVIDENCE and ... FAITH
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Tcg
Savant

Post #53

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:41 am
I have enjoyed the topic learning about these little fellows. Have a most excellent day,
Yes, they're fascinating little critters and create quite the dilemma for those who consider the flood a literal event. Perhaps they "froggy paddled" across the 3,000 or so mile wide Atlantic.

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

Savant

Post #54

Post by 1213 »

Miles wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:39 pm ...Secondly, where does the Bible "tells that the flood killed all that were on top of dry land," implying "no water animals" were killed? Chapter and verse please. But before you go to the trouble of trying to find one I have a chapter and verse for you. Chapter 7 verse 4 in Genesis where god himself says:
"4 Seven days from now I will make it rain on the earth forty days and forty nights, and every living thing I have made I will wipe off the face of the earth.”
From the face of the earth, yes, and as we can see, earth means dry land:

God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters he called Seas. God saw that it was good.
Genesis 1:10

Savant

Post #55

Post by 1213 »

Tcg wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:11 pm
1213 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:02 am
Tcg wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:35 pm
1213 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:17 pm
I think the more specific area need is the result of later adjustment and it may be that they could survive also in different areas, if absolutely necessary. Hylidae frogs can be found almost everywhere. One possibility could be also that they traveled with people from Australia to America.
How would these frogs have gotten from Mt. Ararat to Australia?
It is possible that there was land route to Australia, after the flood.
Can you provide any evidence that would support such a possibility.
That we can see the animals in Australia is evidence for it. Or, how do you think animals got in all continents? Were they there right from the beginning? Did the magical goddess Evolution (also known as "Mother earth") send them on planes to there?

Savant

Post #56

Post by 1213 »

brunumb wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:42 am
1213 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:03 am
brunumb wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:12 pm...Also, no frogs that did not board the ark should have survived. That would be another biblical contradiction. ..
It woul not be, because frogs are water animals and Bible tells that the flood killed all that were on top of dry land.
Frogs are not 'water animals' like fish. They can survive a few hours under water by holding their breath.
So, you claim Wikipedia has wrong information?

Tcg
Savant

Post #57

Post by Tcg »

1213 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:38 am
I think the more specific area need is the result of later adjustment and it may be that they could survive also in different areas, if absolutely necessary. Hylidae frogs can be found almost everywhere. One possibility could be also that they traveled with people from Australia to America.
That we can see the animals in Australia is evidence for it.
No, that isn't.
Or, how do you think animals got in all continents? Were they there right from the beginning? Did the magical goddess Evolution (also known as "Mother earth") send them on planes to there?
Why do you continue to resort to a Straw Man fallacy rather than present verifiable evidence to support your claims?

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #58

Post by nobspeople »

Tcg wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:41 am
That we can see the animals in Australia is evidence for it.
No, that isn't.
Or, how do you think animals got in all continents? Were they there right from the beginning? Did the magical goddess Evolution (also known as "Mother earth") send them on planes to there?
Why do you continue to resort to a Straw Man fallacy rather than present verifiable evidence to support your claims?

Tcg
When there's nothing to support one's claim(s), things like ST fallacy is all that's left.
It's easy, safe and creates an aura of smugness that tends to feed many christians. And, as christianity is a selfish belief system, it should come as no surprise to the peanut gallery.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

Miles
Savant

Post #59

Post by Miles »

Miles wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:39 pm ...Secondly, where does the Bible "tells that the flood killed all that were on top of dry land," implying "no water animals" were killed? Chapter and verse please. But before you go to the trouble of trying to find one I have a chapter and verse for you. Chapter 7 verse 4 in Genesis where god himself says:
"4 Seven days from now I will make it rain on the earth forty days and forty nights, and every living thing I have made I will wipe off the face of the earth.”
From the face of the earth, yes, and as we can see, earth means dry land:

God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters he called Seas. God saw that it was good.
Genesis 1:10
Good grief! Even the King James Phrase Book recognizes it as an idiom in Genesis and not to be taken literally as you insist on doing.

“On/Off the face
of the earth”
Source: This phrase has its origins in Genesis 6:1 of the King James Version of the Bible
Meaning: existing; a phrase to emphasize something as the biggest, best, worst etc. that could possibly exist
source

brunumb
Savant

Post #60

Post by brunumb »

1213 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:39 am
brunumb wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:42 am
1213 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:03 am
brunumb wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:12 pm...Also, no frogs that did not board the ark should have survived. That would be another biblical contradiction. ..
It woul not be, because frogs are water animals and Bible tells that the flood killed all that were on top of dry land.
Frogs are not 'water animals' like fish. They can survive a few hours under water by holding their breath.
So, you claim Wikipedia has wrong information?
Are you able to refute what I said or not? Frogs do not live under water. They do not live in the sea. They live on land. Please explain how they would survive a flooded earth for many months when it was God's intention to kill off everything except those on the ark.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.