Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

Hate behind love

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/were-not-gon ... 49114.html

Yet another sickening display of the adulteration of 'christ's love', seen above.

Why is it so easy for not only people to hide hate behind love, but also be 'overlooked' for hating when they should be loving?

For discussion:
Why do you think a loving god allows for such hatred to be fostered within his name?
And why do so many people seem to 'overlook' the hate that spews from churches?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

nobspeople
Prodigy

Re: Hate behind love

Post #31

Post by nobspeople »

William wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:23 am [Replying to nobspeople in post #29]

"Perhaps" is what I wrote. If I thought such required a yes or no, I would have written it using those definitive terminologies.
Nice!
Now, can you elaborate on "...can bring hate to life through the individual practicing it." What does 'bring hate to life' mean? How is hate 'alive'? Or is it a figure of speech? And does hate not exist until someone 'brings it to life'? Does hate 'exist' and only becomes an issue when it's 'brought to life'?

And can the same thing be said about 'love'? Why or why not?

William
Savant

Post #32

Post by William »

[Replying to nobspeople in post #31]
Now, can you elaborate on "...can bring hate to life through the individual practicing it." What does 'bring hate to life' mean? How is hate 'alive'? Or is it a figure of speech? And does hate not exist until someone 'brings it to life'? Does hate 'exist' and only becomes an issue when it's 'brought to life'?

Great questions! Thanks for asking.

Yes No Love Hate Good Evil/God Devil et al are brought to life through the living expression of them as ideas within the immaterial realm of the mind, made real - brought into reality through biological [material] activity.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #33

Post by nobspeople »

William wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:58 pm [Replying to nobspeople in post #31]

Great questions! Thanks for asking.

Yes No Love Hate Good Evil/God Devil et al are brought to life through the living expression of them as ideas within the immaterial realm of the mind, made real - brought into reality through biological [material] activity.
Thanks for that
Since you mention evil, I've found that evil, is dependent on human activity. For example: a storm isn't evil, it's a storm' a crocodile isn't evil, it's a crocodile. I've heard someone say Hitler's dogs would be in hell since Hitler was evil. What may happen as a result of these things one can consider evil. Would you agree or no? If not, why not?

William
Savant

Post #34

Post by William »

[Replying to nobspeople in post #33]
Thanks for that
Compliment mirrored.
Since you mention evil, I've found that evil, is dependent on human activity. For example: a storm isn't evil, it's a storm' a crocodile isn't evil, it's a crocodile. I've heard someone say Hitler's dogs would be in hell since Hitler was evil. What may happen as a result of these things one can consider evil. Would you agree or no? If not, why not?
A human isn't really evil. A human is being human.

The idea that evil can be brought to life requires that we first establish a recognition of 'what is evil' and this occurs when we see it brought to life through the activities of those who are behaving in a manner we identify as being 'evil'.

Whether it actually is evil or not, is something we cannot truly know beyond those human stereotypes unless we purposefully dismiss them as irrelevant to any truth.

The onus is therefore on the individual to make his/her way through the conundrum/maze of human perspective and find their way out of said sticky situation.

So when I made the comment re giving life to an idea, through willful action [in the neutral sense] to do so, I was pointing out how it happens, rather than that there was any truth involved in its happening.

Tcg
Savant

Post #35

Post by Tcg »

nobspeople wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:18 pm
Thanks for that
I don't see evil as something that exists in the sense of it being an entity or a force of some kind. To me it is simply a designation humans apply to events or actions. If something is viewed as favorable or beneficial it is describe as good. If the opposite is the case, it would be called evil. Over time these designations can shift. Though this is still in flux, our views of gay marriage is an example. Perhaps a hundred years ago many would describe it as evil. Now days, and thankfully so, many view it as a moral good.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #36

Post by Purple Knight »

1213 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:30 pm
nobspeople wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:23 pm ...
Why do you think a loving god allows for such hatred to be fostered within his name?
Do you mean, why God allows church to fly Black Lives Matter and Pride flags? Both seem to be hateful towards conservative Christians and God.
I have to agree with this. There is a fundamental disagreement and neither side has great love for the other.

I happen to side with BLM, but I recognise that because I do so, I see the conservative side as wrong. And I don't see any "hate" described in the article, only statements like "it's not a church" meaning, well, the BLM side is wrong. Do you think if someone had a church that hung KKK flags, those flags wouldn't be stolen and vandalised? Of course they would. The only difference is, now, we agree with the vandals. I point you back to square one, and the fundamental disagreement.

I actually tried not hating anyone when I was 15. Nobody does this. It's insane, and you'll be treated as a madman if you try it.

Hate is just a buzzword. Nobody agrees with everything, and nobody loves, or even likes or tolerates, everybody.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #37

Post by Purple Knight »

nobspeople wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:18 pmI've heard someone say Hitler's dogs would be in hell since Hitler was evil.
I don't see why not, since the dog simply trusts and is loyal to its master. Incidentally this is what Hitler loved most about a dog. (Incidentally I wonder about true dog people. I wonder if they know how dirty dogs are and if they care. Mine eats its own poop.)

The dog does what it is told, is loyal, and if that happens to be evil, then that is evil. I well imagine that if you went for Hitler with a knife, Blondie would tear your throat out, even if that meant the poor beast took the knife itself.

The dog does not act on its own machinations, internally deciding what is good or evil. And neither do we if the Bible is right. If we have some inclination that something God does is evil, we should just disregard it and trust our master, yet we are liable if we do evil. Therefore then, so must be, the dog.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #38

Post by nobspeople »

Purple Knight wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:07 am
nobspeople wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:18 pmI've heard someone say Hitler's dogs would be in hell since Hitler was evil.
I don't see why not, since the dog simply trusts and is loyal to its master. Incidentally this is what Hitler loved most about a dog. (Incidentally I wonder about true dog people. I wonder if they know how dirty dogs are and if they care. Mine eats its own poop.)

The dog does what it is told, is loyal, and if that happens to be evil, then that is evil. I well imagine that if you went for Hitler with a knife, Blondie would tear your throat out, even if that meant the poor beast took the knife itself.

The dog does not act on its own machinations, internally deciding what is good or evil. And neither do we if the Bible is right. If we have some inclination that something God does is evil, we should just disregard it and trust our master, yet we are liable if we do evil. Therefore then, so must be, the dog.
In general, I've found dogs to be better than the human species: loving, trusting, heroic, dedicated.... I think there's much homosapiens should learn from canines.
Likewise, dogs are dogs - neither evil or good. They simply: are. How they're used and trained in a different story.
The aspect of eternal life for animals is an interesting one. I see no reason why any animal would be 'sent to hell' for being what they are - any deity that would condemn an innocent animal to eternal damnation is worthless piece. That said, the same worshipped 'special magic man in the sky' drowned billions of innocent animals to prove a point so draw your own conclusions.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #39

Post by Purple Knight »

nobspeople wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:12 amI see no reason why any animal would be 'sent to hell' for being what they are - any deity that would condemn an innocent animal to eternal damnation is worthless piece.
I see no reason a human should be sent to Hell for being what they are either. You are going to Hell for worshiping false idols so you'd better end up with the real one. How this is different that Blondie being in Hell for being loyal to his master Hitler is beyond me.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #40

Post by nobspeople »

Purple Knight wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:18 pm
nobspeople wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:12 amI see no reason why any animal would be 'sent to hell' for being what they are - any deity that would condemn an innocent animal to eternal damnation is worthless piece.
I see no reason a human should be sent to Hell for being what they are either. You are going to Hell for worshiping false idols so you'd better end up with the real one. How this is different that Blondie being in Hell for being loyal to his master Hitler is beyond me.
It would make more sense if this 'god' was a flawed person than a supreme deity.
But, it takes all kinds to make this world go 'round I suppose.