Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

Hate behind love

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/were-not-gon ... 49114.html

Yet another sickening display of the adulteration of 'christ's love', seen above.

Why is it so easy for not only people to hide hate behind love, but also be 'overlooked' for hating when they should be loving?

For discussion:
Why do you think a loving god allows for such hatred to be fostered within his name?
And why do so many people seem to 'overlook' the hate that spews from churches?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

Savant

Re: Hate behind love

Post #21

Post by 1213 »

bluegreenearth wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:21 pm ...Is it your perspective that you and the majority of Christians who share your view should elect and support public officials who have the theocratic ambition to write and pass laws that will deny or limit equal rights to homosexuals?...
I think all have had equal rights in the law over 100 years. I personally want to vote people who are reasonable and intelligent.

Savant

Post #22

Post by 1213 »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:34 am Black Lives Matter is centered around the idea that quit gunning down black folks just for em the being it...
If that would be true, I would not have any problem with it, but unfortunatelly that does not seem to be true.
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:34 am...The US has a long and storied history of oppression against black folks...
Yet black people have all the same possibilities nowaydas, it is even possible that black person becomes president. Maybe there is still people with stupid ideas, but generally speaking I think it is ridiculous to claim US is a systemically rascist country.
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:34 am...All because some book tells em their own fellow humans are worthy of death, just for the loving em someone...
I don't know any book that tells that people should kill if someone loves. And Bible encourages to love even enemies, so noone should have problem with people loving others. Claiming sex is love is in my opinion disgusting.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #23

Post by JoeyKnothead »

1213 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:12 am
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:34 am Black Lives Matter is centered around the idea that quit gunning down black folks just for em the being it...
If that would be true, I would not have any problem with it, but unfortunatelly that does not seem to be true.
Why do you think they protest?
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:34 am...The US has a long and storied history of oppression against black folks...
Yet black people have all the same possibilities nowaydas, it is even possible that black person becomes president.
Racism's gotten more subtle, though of course the extremists will extreme. Here in the South, the n-word is still used, if not as loudly.

One man getting a job is hardly the end of racism in Murica.
Maybe there is still people with stupid ideas, but generally speaking I think it is ridiculous to claim US is a systemically rascist country.
Great strides have been made, for sure. But we're a long way from colorblind.
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:34 am...All because some book tells em their own fellow humans are worthy of death, just for the loving em someone...
I don't know any book that tells that people should kill if someone loves. And Bible encourages to love even enemies, so noone should have problem with people loving others. Claiming sex is love is in my opinion disgusting.
Sex may not be love, but stoning folks for doing it is hardly a loving act.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Tcg
Savant

Post #24

Post by Tcg »

1213 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:11 am
It has alwasy been possible to be merciful. That does not mean that wrong things are not wrong anymore, why else Jesus would have said:

“Neither do I condemn you. Go your way. From now on, sin no more.”
John 8:11
Nothing in that verse indicates that his suggestion to "sin no more" refers to what she was accused of. It's simply general advice or else he would have stated directly, don't commit adultery anymore.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

William
Savant

Post #25

Post by William »

nobspeople wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:23 pm https://www.yahoo.com/news/were-not-gon ... 49114.html

Yet another sickening display of the adulteration of 'christ's love', seen above.

Why is it so easy for not only people to hide hate behind love, but also be 'overlooked' for hating when they should be loving?

For discussion:
Why do you think a loving god allows for such hatred to be fostered within his name?

Perhaps a loving god would rather one understands what a loving god would do, by figuring it out for themselves.
Perhaps it is because those people spew their own kind of hate and can't tell the difference.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #26

Post by JoeyKnothead »

William wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:40 pm
nobspeople wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:23 pm https://www.yahoo.com/news/were-not-gon ... 49114.html

For discussion:

Perhaps a loving god would rather one understands what a loving god would do, by figuring it out for themselves.
And that's it, ain't it?

Surely a loving god'd give all the directions, all the learnings, but then expect us all to use such, and come to it best we can.

And then, well, for some of y'all, y'all didn't pass. Y'al didn't step back outside with a nastydog for that'n there sitting on the walk, ya paid for your gas and grumbled about the cost. Ya didn't didn't take your coat off and give it to that drunken fool, freezing in the rain. Ya didn't give comfort, but hid in your palaces, ascreaming "Let's go Brandon!"
"Çause God. And I need me some tax breaks to spread me my hatred."
Perhaps it is because those people spew their own kind of hate and can't tell the difference.
Don't it just beat all to heck and a pepper patch, them that spew hatred can point em to their "loving God" in order to do it.

I've never met me a god greater than his own adherent's ideology. A hateful person has a hateful god. A loving person, a loving god. Me? I got me the pretty thing, and she's bettern her all of ya!
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #27

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to William in post #25]
Or maybe a loving god would provide for that understanding. Looking around at both believer and non, it seems that's not happening much, if at all. Even believers can't all agree on what this magic man in the sky wants or thinks. But with something unknown like god, it's hard to say one way or the other.
Maybe. Is that what you think?

William
Savant

Post #28

Post by William »

[Replying to nobspeople in post #27]
It is called "hypocrisy" and as consequence, is an actual real thing which can bring hate to life through the individual practicing it.
It can also put be put to death...by not practicing it.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #29

Post by nobspeople »

William wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:13 am [Replying to nobspeople in post #27]
It is called "hypocrisy" and as consequence, is an actual real thing which can be brought to life through the individual practicing it.
It can also be put to death.

Aside from the argument if hypocrisy can be alive or not, is this ("...those people spew their own kind of hate and can't tell the difference.") what you think, yes or no?

William
Savant

Post #30

Post by William »

[Replying to nobspeople in post #29]

"Perhaps" is what I wrote. If I thought such required a yes or no, I would have written it using those definitive terminologies.